DILLIGAF?: Project Ratty

• @358ec187ad=jay:

which air pipe keeps coming off?

The one arrowed here:

• I'm hoping to get my Chavzaust fitted next week so I can finally say goodbye to the embarrassing rotten pea shooter and also have a better sound to the car :D

• Just so people know. This is the Chavzaust :lol: (doesn't actually look that bad in the pic (looks better than the standard pea pooper).

• Hehe, the neighbours aren't gonna be best pleased when I'm on 6 O'clock starts but F**k em, they should get a job!

• Looking nice, I had the same problem with my neighbours when I stuck a 3" on and they moaned like hell

So I stuck a 4" on and an induction kit and told him to f*ck off get on with his own life which he seems to have listened to and hasnt moaned since.

When the police came round to look at it he said it sounded great with that V6 in it and he was bored with his honda CRX, dont you love the british police force

• @aa069f3479=djmarcopolo:

Looking nice, I had the same problem with my neighbours when I stuck a 3" on and they moaned like hell

So I stuck a 4" on and an induction kit and told him to f*ck off get on with his own life which he seems to have listened to and hasnt moaned since.

When the police came round to look at it he said it sounded great with that V6 in it and he was bored with his honda CRX, dont you love the british police force

Class. I think the PoPo have respect for the MX3. I hear of people moaning about being pulled over for stupid things like having their spot lights on, loud exhausts, etc. I drive about with my spots on quite a lot and my sidelights have a blue tinge to them and drive past the police quite a lot and, you know what? Never been tugged once, maybe it's because I don't drive like a tit though….?

• Just ordered a couple of things for Bert

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280499043756&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

and

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150439901292&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Now, I wonder what I could do with the second item :D (look out for some "get away in a mazda" stuff soon, lol)

• hellz yeah that sounds more beefy :D

• @e57f1d0836=youdirtyfox:

hellz yeah that sounds more beefy :D

Hehe, yeah is like. It pops when you redline it sometimes :twisted:

• Postie brought me a couple of goodies today (one I may get shouted at for :lol: ).

Trying to spruce up that lovely Mid 90's Japanese interior (don't we all just love them?), I found this from a guy on ebay who makes them.

It needs a bit of adjusting to make it sit right but this gives you the idea.

Now this has been sitting around since I had my Civic, it never made it on to it despite owning it nearly as long as I did the car, this also will need some minor alterations but I'm determined to use it after paying over £50 for it!

Now comes the trouble maker (please any admin this is not a dig or an advert for something I am selling, because I am not - I understand you're in the middle of sorting The "official" Items out but I don't like following crowds- so please people, I will not be supplying these or selling them so do not contact me!)

• I found a guy on ebay that does leather covers for the handles inside to close the door with that would match that gear gaitor, they come in pairs, click this link…

Door handle covers

• @efa303adbb=djmarcopolo:

I found a guy on ebay that does leather covers for the handles inside to close the door with that would match that gear gaitor, they come in pairs, click this link…

Door handle covers

Cheers but I'll be going for the chrome MX-5 handles to match the handbrake :D

Now if he did a handbrake gaiter, that'd be cool, only found red stitching ones though by someone else, think I may be giving Richbrook a tinkle.

Obviously this is just a temporary fitting until I can get a gaiter but I'm so happy to eventually have it in working use! I ordered it for my Civic in 2004 (cost me £50+) installed it and a bit snapped off and I couldn't release the handbrake, but due to the MX3 having a bit of adjustment on the actually button I could solve this.

EDIT:

While I'm adding to this, The bonnet and spoiler are gonna be going gloss black as are the mirrors. I love the matt but it's a pain in the arse when the rest of the car shines like a gem and some parts don't and having a rotary polisher and not being able to shine the fook out of the main part of the front end is doing my head in (plus, I got some wax on the bonnet and the mark won't go away!).

• @4bc687710d=nightstalker:

@4bc687710d=djmarcopolo:

I found a guy on ebay that does leather covers for the handles inside to close the door with that would match that gear gaitor, they come in pairs, click this link…

Door handle covers

Just looked at the link :shock: They're ghastly!!!

• Sooo, I sorted the hand brake gaiter out today from my old recycled gear gaiter (glad I kept it now)

Looks so much better than the horrible rubber sleeve!

And I got a new digital video recorder today which has nothing to do with the car (honestly).

I am going to be attaching this to the car in various places and making some driving vids soon (once I buy a new Micro SD card).

• Gettin looooow:

Now, do I go for stupidly low and uncomfortable at a reasonable price?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300429145421&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Or low at a higher price with a respectable name?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150425471631&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Hmmmmmmmm

• if you go for the 45mm springs you will need shorter shocks but if you go for 40mm or less you can keep you standard shock . if you drop mor than 40mm you would be better with coilovers :D :D

• I have -35mm apex springs on mine and find them good for a daily driver.
    Not crashy nor too stiff, still not low enough for me though as ive still got 50mm between the tyre and arch! :lol: :o

• just been have a read though some reviews on Jamex springs seems the overall consensus is there too hard for daily driving but very good as a track spring…

as for apex i had these on wes if you recall and i personally felt they were too hard for std shocks as a daily drive..

I went over to Gmax -40mm and have found they suit the kyb's perfectly.

Just my 2 pence though its your choice in the end...

• @e5c95871ff=Rainmaker:

just been have a read though some reviews on Jamex springs seems the overall consensus is there too hard for daily driving but very good as a track spring…

as for apex i had these on wes if you recall and i personally felt they were too hard for std shocks as a daily drive..

I went over to Gmax -40mm and have found they suit the kyb's perfectly.

Just my 2 pence though its your choice in the end...

I want -40mm but this was all I could find on egay, either -30 or -45.

Think I'll have a check out of the Gmax's.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB