DILLIGAF?: Project Ratty

• @f580a298eb=mx3gulf:

Nice! How much did wheel refurb cost if you don't mind telling??

Not at all, it cost £140 in total and that included taking the tyres off, taking ALL the marks out and powder coating them, I'm taking the car to them next year to have the cam cover done and and the rest.

@f580a298eb=jay:

wheels look great :D :)

Cheers, I'm well chuffed

• Bloody hell thats a good price for that :shock: you must be wll pleased with the end result, did they refit tyres and re balance too? £35 per wheel is a bargain :)

• @731abe5716=mx3gulf:

Bloody hell thats a good price for that :shock: you must be wll pleased with the end result, did they refit tyres and re balance too? £35 per wheel is a bargain :)

I'll second that, good price and look great.

• @a2abbb31a0=mx3gulf:

Bloody hell thats a good price for that :shock: you must be wll pleased with the end result, did they refit tyres and re balance too? £35 per wheel is a bargain :)

Yup, everything, they put the wheels that had to have the most balast put on, to the rear so as to not effect the steering.

• looking sweet! That's an amazing price.

• Been off work today so I went for a little drive and for a little photoshoot in the freezing cold wind!

Sorry for the crap quality pics, the 8mp Samsung tocca camera phone is gash!

• @99c707b470=nightstalker:

Yup, everything, they put the wheels that had to have the most balast put on, to the rear so as to not effect the steering.

Christ they took wheels off your car and put them back on too?? Bloody bargain mate Cars looking good :o

• @24b576132f=mx3gulf:

@24b576132f=nightstalker:

Christ they took wheels off your car and put them back on too?? Bloody bargain mate Cars looking good :o

Lol, yeah, although they did steal my blue dust caps but I'll let them off as I only paid about 3 quid for them.

I'm really loving the car, it just needs to be lower and a nice front lip and aesthetically it'll be done (apart from the bonnet).

• A theme is coming along here, blue accessories!

Just got some interior LED's for the map light in blue.

Ordered some more dust caps! :roll:

….and seeing my friend about the dash conversion (Blue LED backlighting) sometime soon.

• Finally go the JVC's installed, stood in dog poo whilst dong it but worth it :oops:

Worst thing is they are now covered with cheap jap plastic :(

• Tiny little bits have arrived today.

Just a few decals and the dust caps to replace the pilfered ones

Still waiting for a few more decals and some front fogs and then the car will have to wait until next year for some help with handling and breathing via coilovers and a new exhaust and CAI.

• should have put the shocker on the fule flap

• @cff99b832c=james:

should have put the shocker on the fule flap

I was going to but it's just a little bit too big, I'm thinking of the "neverbeen" nurburgring decal for the cap :wink: or pedo bear

• It went for a service today just to put my mind at ease and to find any future problems. As I felt the rear disks need to be changed in about a years time but all else is spot on :D

New stickers:

Apparently it says "mazda" in Japanese or Chinese

It could say "Cock and Balls" for all I care, I think it looks good!

• i like it where did you get it ?

• The sun strip is cool . 8)

• @2ae597af8a=james:

i like it where did you get it ?

Got it from ebay, search JDM Mazda Stickers :wink:

@2ae597af8a=Mechanic:

The sun strip is cool . 8)

Cheers, a full on custom job by me :D

Plain black sunstrip and I had a load of spare red vinyl left over from my old cars and "mazda" decal

• @db20190dd2=nightstalker:

The OEM look can look just as impressive as a car with one off modifications and tonnes of filler

yeah this is my motto as well since I have 2 international projects :) nice looking mx-3 - if you are going to match the headlamps you might as well paint both of them the same color… I did mine black :mrgreen:

• @d070a87130=Mooneggs:

@d070a87130=nightstalker:

The OEM look can look just as impressive as a car with one off modifications and tonnes of filler

yeah this is my motto as well since I have 2 international projects :) nice looking mx-3 - if you are going to match the headlamps you might as well paint both of them the same color… I did mine black :mrgreen:

Yup, that's the next job when I have some spare time, I love the look of black backed lights, and it's simple!

• I'm just taking five minutes out from a morning of swearing and sweating! I decided to get my car ready for the new fog lights, and what a job it has been!!! A relatively simple task if the bolts aren't seized like mine!

I've also removed the headlights in preparation for a freshen up. The ovens on and I'm just waiting for it to get to the right temperature. All will be revealed later on tonight (hopefully!) :lol:

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB