DILLIGAF?: Project Ratty

• @9006230a5b=youdirtyfox:

nah my missus dont like a cold knob in the morning either :P

Lol, innuendo bingo.

• @59d4199f21=youdirtyfox:

nah my missus dont like a cold knob in the morning either :P

Genius! pmsl

• Got bored after work so took the car down to Saltburn for a couple of pictures.

• awesome, love that first pic!

• Yeah first pic looks real nice.

• :D Cheers guys.

Yeah I think I went a bit too mad with the adjustment of the contrast on the last one and the first one everyone seems to love. I'm just glad you can't see all the muck all over my car in the pics as it is absolutely covered in road grot/salt and soot :shock: so I'm quite happy how they turned out.

I've got one more morning at work and been given until next tuesday off so I'm sure I'll be blasting about finding new locations to take pics of the car in. I've got a few in mind already, I just hope the skies stay as clear as they did today :wink:

• what paint did you use for your cam cover?

• Cam cover looks awesome! You should sand off the mazda lettering
    :wink:

• @9578f53955=jay:

what paint did you use for your cam cover?

Honda Super Sonic Blue from Halfrauds.

@9578f53955=Marco:

Cam cover looks awesome! You should sand off the mazda lettering
    :wink:

Nah, I'm gonna do the lettering black eventually

• So had a little bit of trouble last week, the car was spluttering really badly and dying at idle speed after asking on here the problem was discovered and fixed in five minutes literally!

The offending split in the pipe :shock:

And the new pipe fitted

And a shot of the new paint additions in the bay (and live battery cable cover from my old Civic)

Today I finished work at 2pm but didn't get in until after 4 (it's a 10-15 minute journey usually) because one of my tyres had a blow out! Luckily I was coming up to a round about when it went so I was slowing down.

Hopefully this is the end of the bad spell for the car.

• It's been a lovely day to be off work, so I took an opportunity to have a blast up the North Yorkshire moors and stop off for a few photo's. I was surprised to still see snow up near Blakey Ridge and so wanted to pull up at one of the mounds left over but they weren't in very parking friendly places….

• Nice pics. its been pissing down with rain on the island all day :roll:

• Just done a quick photoshop of my car lowered on its belly

• Have you and your car been on an unannounced holiday to Vatnajokull? It looks like magma is trying to force its way out of the very Earth around you :shock:

• Once again I've been out with the camera this morning taking some snaps of the car (I get bored the minute my eyes open)..

• Your car looks nice, you should look into getting some clear side repeaters and front indicaters.

• @d897029437=ukmx3admin:

Your car looks nice, you should look into getting some clear side repeaters and front indicaters.

I've been trying to find smoked ones. I could do with a new front bumper and wing first off though, the bumper has some horrible marks on it and is slightly warped where the previous owner hit something, this means the offside front indicator doesn't sit correctly in the slot :( the nearside wing has a slight crumple near the headlight :(

• pics look brill mate

• So being bored and skint I decided to do some free and easy modifying today:

(actually, it was to do with intense cleaning of the interior).

But I did find this worrying patch of car cancer :cry:

• Oh dear! Think it looks worse than it is though, you'd best treat that ASAP, as it looks like seatbelt bolt goes through where rust is, Have a good poke around rusty area with a screwdriver, make sure there are no holes, if there are no holes, get a grinder on affected area and get rid of that rust. Put some good zinc based primer on bare steel and recoat from there, not gonna look too pretty but it should restrict corrosion

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB