DILLIGAF?: Project Ratty

• @e1d3a8144b=HammyGlos:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290439440573&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

GMax's on ebay…

Hammy

Cool, I missed those somehow???????

• I'll be pickin up a set of them soon as well :)

• **Hnngh… I hate to always be a naysayer in matters like this, but... No to GMax from me.

They aren't especially good quality - they are, to quote a surprisingly honest source, "a cheap way to make your car look lower". Jamex are GMax in disguise, Apex are much the same and Pi... I'd rather have drilled discs [/cross-thread humour]

I know we don't really have much of a choice when it comes to our suspension but, to be honest, the usual rules apply - buy cheap, buy twice. That's not to say that you will have problems with any of them (or that you won't with more expensive springs) - as they say on that there internet, your mileage may vary - but if I was choosing lowering springs, I wouldn't touch any of those four (three) companies.**

• lol famine… I'll be the itsnotsobad sayer again :wink:

I have GMax on my red car, they handle very well, and I have complete faith that they'll get me about safely. At the same time they weren't and aren't my first choice. But it still felt like a huge upgrade over stock handling, like rails by comparison on a roundabout.

I love the stance of H&R, it's a shame it's pushing the limits of OEM shocks. I'd imagine H&Rs plus koni red inserts would be a nice setup.

I'll be taking a chance on some new ksports/d2s sometime soon. Seems like build quality has improved with Taiwans finest.

• Set of Tokico ZX2s would go well with those springs. ;)

Anyhow, since the PM system on UK-MX3 seems to be on holiday, have a look at this.

http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42329

It's DIY, but it helps you understand what you need to do if you did any blower install.

It's a hotside install - i.e. it's over the exhaust. This is not a problem - although it might be somewhat more of an issue in an MX-3 / FWD engine bay.

Also, DIY means time. Time the car will be off the road. If you can't do that, forget it. Otherwise, buy a second MX-3 (V6!) or something supercheapy to get you about. You'll never make money on it, it's all about the craic.

Let me know if you want to do this, we can sink a beer or two and I'll help you design and fab (get fabbed) a transverse kit if you like.

• @07d3724cd8=Venari:

Set of Tokico ZX2s would go well with those springs. ;)

Anyhow, since the PM system on UK-MX3 seems to be on holiday, have a look at this.

http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42329

It's DIY, but it helps you understand what you need to do if you did any blower install.

It's a hotside install - i.e. it's over the exhaust. This is not a problem - although it might be somewhat more of an issue in an MX-3 / FWD engine bay.

Also, DIY means time. Time the car will be off the road. If you can't do that, forget it. Otherwise, buy a second MX-3 (V6!) or something supercheapy to get you about. You'll never make money on it, it's all about the craic.

Let me know if you want to do this, we can sink a beer or two and I'll help you design and fab (get fabbed) a transverse kit if you like.

yeah, Fam sent my that link a while back, to be honest I can't take the car off the road at the mo (let alone buy another car!) although I am very close to getting my old job back which would mean I could bike to work and work on the 1600 :D

When you're back up here get Fam to let me know and we shall all hook up for a beer and geek about engines.

• Well hello, I am unbelievably bored due to being off work after injuring my knee. So today I hobbled into the car and removed the dash bezel and shroud to give it a sprucing up after trying my hand at wrapping it with carbon and failing BIG TIME!

I've also started an LED conversion on the dials which will be finished next week (just waiting on some more bulbs :roll: )

So here it is so far

Alsomade a boring vid lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSvC26nQeRI

• Oooh, more ebay excitement, well, not really, just some essential stuff as the MOT is next week (wish Bert luck peeps!)

Just so they know what engine it is obviously, a much needed MOT item :lol:

Oooh, my exciting new brake discs (£17 a pop, can't complain).

• Where you get the £17 discs from mate, I need a few soon :) cheep and chearfull to pass MOT, also, Bulbs what ones did you use?

Looking good tho bud, :)

• @e26d2ad0c6=Lori:

Where you get the £17 discs from mate, I need a few soon :) cheep and chearfull to pass MOT, also, Bulbs what ones did you use?

Looking good tho bud, :)

Smaller bulbs
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250516983557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Larger sidelight style bulbs
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280512510330&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Discs (make sure you order 2 as I didn't the first time round :roll: )
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260567943836&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

• Thanks bud :)

• Sooo, It's night time and time to look at the LED convo. I knew some of the bulbs weren't working (already emailed the guy about it) but the ones that are working, fekkin spot on!

Now just waiting on 4 more bulbs and 6! replacement bulbs and it should be done :D

• looking good!! I hope the LED's don't burn out. I tried some for a while and because they are on the dimmer circuit it seems to put a higher load on them or something… not sure... I hope it works out for you though!

• @8016d44cab=Mooneggs:

looking good!! I hope the LED's don't burn out. I tried some for a while and because they are on the dimmer circuit it seems to put a higher load on them or something… not sure... I hope it works out for you though!

Hmm, I'll keep my eye on them, I never quite understand the dimmer option on dashboards. Why would you not want to be able to see your dials at night?

• well I commonly turn mine down way low so it's less glare so I can focus on the road…

right now I'm running stock bulbs with red lighting... kind of like inside a stealth vehicle haha 8)

• @c4439039f8=Mooneggs:

well I commonly turn mine down way low so it's less glare so I can focus on the road…

right now I'm running stock bulbs with red lighting... kind of like inside a stealth vehicle haha 8)

Tbh im the same i turn mine down as myself i feel i see the road clearer at night and dont have a distraction from the dash..
    Mind you some nice subtle interior lighting ie: red or blue would be nice got me thinking here now ….i see a new addition coming..

• Nightstalker, Did you just swap the bulbs over, or did you change the tinited plastics over the top?

Mine have a red tinited plastic covering, so trying to get any other color that won't have a red tint is going to be a nightmare lol

• @485da16426=Lori:

Nightstalker, Did you just swap the bulbs over, or did you change the tinited plastics over the top?

Mine have a red tinited plastic covering, so trying to get any other color that won't have a red tint is going to be a nightmare lol

Yeah, just swapped the bulbs over and removed the tint completely.

• Thanks to some great guys on here (Ryan and Famine) Bert will be getting lippy. Ryan has given me his old broken OEM lip and Famine is giving me the half that Marvin has as well (the side that is broken on Ryans) as the number plate mount when I go and purchase his rear seats (to replace my tatty ones) on the weekend :D

I've now got all the bulbs I need to finish my LED dash convo so when it's dark I shall post some pics up (if I'm still awake- god damned early shift this week!).

Hopefully by the weekend Bert will be rocking an OEM front lip with the Leon splitter for added depth :twisted: And I'm on the hunt for a new front bumper and Pass wing to sort the horrible front end mess out! And I'm measuring the spot lights on the Pug up to see if they'll fit
    http://www.freeadsonlineuk.com/_mm/_d/_ext/25537/big_Peugeot 206206cc Front Fog Lights 3501.jpg

• Looks like my instrument panel is being removed again.

As for the dimmer if it does not bother you, join the wires on the back of the dimmer panel and that will short it out so the LED's wont blow.
    Led's do have a short life on a rheostat as they are not designed for fluctuating currents, its the same as energy savers and dimmers at home

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB