Project: Gray Death.

• @90f30776c3=youdirtyfox:

@90f30776c3=Lori:

Engine is out..

Shattered now, I want to sleep.

No time to sleep, you got a ZE to dump in there 8)

LOL, it will be a few weeks\months before the ZE goes in.

• Yeah buddie good things come to those that wait :D

• It's been 11 months since the car was delivered, I've yet to drive it. :rofl:

• Woohoo… Progress.

Well, kinda.

First off, got the short shifter installed.. While It could be round the wrong way as there is nothing the otherside of the gear linkage, at least it's on and in place rather then in a box in the boot.

Second:
    Dash transplant complete. (small mods left to do)

I'm now the ONLY UK MX3, and Equipe to have the full JDM dash. (Fuck if I'm doing that again!)

Third.
    While I was buying my mate his birthday pressy (read: Stripping the hell out of a BZR) I found a nice little switch and went.. ooohh er, me wants, and while it's not 100% done, at least it fits.

Still needs some cleaning, but the core is there.

(Oh, and I can also swap the horn for either the MX3, AZ3 or Eunos at will :) )

• That's cool you swapped the dash. But why not just use the standard mazda power folding mirrors switch?

• @22ace059bb=Mooneggs:

That's cool you swapped the dash. But why not just use the standard mazda power folding mirrors switch?

I could, but Mazda tend to have boring switches. :lol:

• @6e3f59e27a=Lori:

I could, but Mazda tend to have boring switches. :lol:

lol are you familiar with mazda switches? I think they are quite exciting especially the rarer ones… :cheers:

• I've got 2 or 3 of the one on the right, but not ever seen the one on the left, what's it out of?

Looks like that could be the switch I'm after. :shock:

• They are exciting!!! I wish the 94+ were not round… Mark will correct me if I am wrong but I think the one on the left is a GTR switch. Dash swap looks great btw!!

• Certain parties should consider subscribing to 'Switch Admirer Monthly' magazine!!! :rofl:

Bonkers Dash install fella Vverry neat and clever. :bigok:

• Nice weekend :)

Belts are on the KLZE, but need to find a really small one for the alternator belt.. the one I got is around 20CM to long..

Both front subframes, power steering pipes and front shock mounts have been brushed back to metal and por15'd (Nice advice Marco, love it)

RS Spoiler has been fixed, now bolts on both sides.

All engine mounts have had their final filling, now just need to harden off.

Rocker covers sprayed, and re-mounted.

Holes drilled ready for the coilovers to be fitted.
    JDM front lip sprayed and fitted.

Even picked up a Mazdaspeed gear knob on ebay for peanuts.

• This is sounding good mate! But why did you have to drill holes to fit coilovers

• One has 3 mounting bolts.. need to drill another hole for them to fit.

• Went over the box of random crap I've got in the shed and found some.

ARD engine subframe mounts.
    ARD track rod bushes.
    Some new drop links
    New rocker cover bolt hole thingys
    A spiny thing that fits on the end of the knuckle (forgot the name)
    2 New water pumps
    1 new auto cambelt tensioner
    another KLZE TB

Solved a lot of issues, but opened up a few more jobs to do :(

• I would call that a Bonus! :)

• Progress I think..

Just testing a few places out.

• Looks good man!

Btw answer my pm lol

• Looking good but is that power steering belt the correct way round the tensioner, thought it went over and not under like on yours in the bottom pic

• It can't go over it due to the tracks in the belt bud.

• My mistake lol it is the power steering pump, just looked like a tensioner in that pic

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB