Project: Gray Death.

• Going to take a look at it next weekend, I'll let ya know!

• Picked up the SN KLZE today + a few other nice bits.

Note to self… Engine host next time.

Pleasure to meet you Kami, and thanks for the help :)

Does anyone know if you can do teh swap with the nomal 1.8 Exhaust?

• You can bolt 1.8 exhaust straight on.
    I had full stock system inc cats. 146bhp at wheels
    When swapped for upgraded system. 186 bhp at wheels.
    So it's a bit restrictive.

• Do you know of any good systems that are on the quite side, I like teh stock one as it's more engine noise then exhaust?

• Its the k8 manifolds with pre cats that are the worst. Maybe you could source a set of stainless manifolds and bolt it to stock exhaust.
    I've not seen a set of mx6 / probe stock manifolds so can't comment on difference between the 3.

• Thanks for the info bud, I'll go on a hunt :)

This is the look I want, will give powerflow a call in the morning. (fear the amazing paint skills)

• Well after getting flooded out last thursday, 18" in the ground floor. I got some work done today.

Rear wiper\jets have been removed, dash ripped apart and the old complete Nokia hands free kit removed, debadged and is now ready for Marco's plastic rear screen to be fitted.

Started to spray the spare set of wheels matt black really quicky and ripped out a few other thigns for spraying (Front rad mount + others)

Carpets removed and had to treat rust under it :(
    KLZE is being cleaned tomorrow.

It's happening a little faster then I'd like but hey.. life is life.

• my spoiler would look sweet on this lol

• I've seen something today which I'm looking into for the rear spoiler.

• What ya going for Lori? I've a nice wraparound here :P

• I'll let you know if it works :)

• Ok, after a good haul I now have rare parts, and better images will be up soon as I have tomorrow off work as well.

Anyone know the MazdaSpeed exhaust for the 1.5 works just as well on the V6 ? - as I have to admit.. it sounds fucking lush.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UITbSZgnem4&feature=youtu.be

• That sounds great man!

Unfortunately, I'm pretty positive it won't fit a V6. There were two MS exhausts of this style, one for the V6 and one for the B5/6.

Is it a cat back exhaust? You could sell it to me if ya want to get rid, and buy Marco's MS V6 exhaust ;)

• Oh now there is an idea :)

If they don't fit then yes, I'll sell it to you bud.

Not sure what type is yet, not looked under the car, grounds wet and I'm not changed from work :)

• Well, after finding it's a little rusty in places.. today the great stip has started.

• Axel stands, no there's an idea. Maybe I wouldn't have been boppin' my head off the exhaust if I had of done that :lol:

Found a bit of rust in mine, not surprising seeing as the boot seems to be flooded once again! Looks like the Lexus lights weren't sealed properly and the after market spoiler was letting in some water too. I don't know how considering the amount of silicone was under there!

Should we feel bad for stripping these JDM rarities? :oops: Meh, the money will offset the guilt ;)

• If this one was in better nick, I'd drop the Klze into it, but its not. Dash transplant is going well lol.

• KLZE is almost stripped and I've got a load of parts to be shotblasted and painted now.

Both bumpers are ready as well with the bulb holders setup and the AZ3 badge is stripped ready for fixing.

• are you taking the dash out completely ? im trying on mine but stumped. Think there are a couple of screws by screen but dont have the tools to get to it, had a angled screw driver but lossed it !!.

• @2ebdf71095=Garfy1981:

are you taking the dash out completely ? im trying on mine but stumped. Think there are a couple of screws by screen but dont have the tools to get to it, had a angled screw driver but lossed it !!.

Yup, the plastic strip just infront of the screen is held down by the same clips that the rear trim is held down by (small metal ones) then you need a 10m ratchet spanner to remove the bolts. :)

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB