DJMARCOPOLO'S - The GREEN RIVET

• lookin good bud…

Where'd ya get the front plate made up? Lookin to get a square plate for mine too...

• @8a22ebf562=Garfy1981:

good time to start on that ze now then!, that will give you a year to fine tune it and hopefully get emmisions right!.

KLZE FITTING DATE = 16+17tH APRIL 2011 :D :D :D

The Emmisions will be ok as I will be remaking the exhaust so the cat can be refitted and my new decat fitted as well

• Nice one :)

Looking forward to this.

• If you run into any trouble give me a shout.

• @8bfb291ce0=ukmx3admin:

If you run into any trouble give me a shout.

If its as straight forward as you explained on the phone it should be fine, its not the first mx that I have had the engine out of.
    I am considering removing the EGR but if everything else is done on this engine and its a straight swap I will be fine hopefully, if not I will be riding my bike a lot and going to japfest in a skoda octavia :cry: .

Before it goes in, its a full service, decent oil ( any recommendations on that please) bosch super 4 plugs then the induction kit + kerr nelson leads

Will my old K8 airflow sensor be ok thats fitted in the induction already or will I need an MX6 one ???

I am praying the exhaust is not too loud, I am fitting the race headers and downpipe, decatted with a 2.5" straight through exhaust into a 5" tailpipe and oversize rear box

• K8 VAF (JE50) is fine as its the same as MX6 KLZE, its the KLDE that use different VAF (KL02)

• Excellent, cant wait to get it in there

8 DAYS TO GO

• your be starting it ( 16th ) on my 30th birthday!, im sure it will go fine, ditch the egr system, its not needed on ZE. just requires a bung on mx6 manifolds.

good luck, i will be offline for a while, so hope to see it finished when i return end of april.

• Don't forget to paint everything you want to before the swap as its a pain afterwards.

• @e9b25c29fc=ukmx3admin:

Don't forget to paint everything you want to before the swap as its a pain afterwards.

I like the black top, have been buying loads of little bits, will be wrapping the rear manifold and all of the downpipe in ceramic tape to transfer the heat out of the engine bay, just going to order some oil and then its all ready to go next week.

Today as I had some spare time at work, sprayed the calipers up and gave her a good polish after leaving it to get dirty for the winter

• ware did u get the headers? thinking about getting my old mx3 back and wanted to do this :P

• @ed71c0c694=DaveMc:

ware did u get the headers? thinking about getting my old mx3 back and wanted to do this :P

Toyo sports in birmingham make them for the MX6 for £127 delivered, they are going to change the design of their mx6 ones for the mx3 once I have sent them photos of them fitted to mine and the measurements for adjustment to make it fit, the easiest way to make them fit is to just extend the downpipe and turn them into downpipe and decat all in one but then you get trouble with emissions on later cars

I will show them photos of it all and get the downpipe shortened enough so you can still use a standard cat, its not that hard for them to change the design and shorten the length of the downpipe before the flexi.

I will keep you posted on here, otherwise buy a set and cut down a decat pipe to suit it

• Good stuff cheers, mine was a 92 so wouldnt have that problem :)

• hahahaha i know bob li who owns Toyosports … he just made a full cat back system for my golf mk4 for just £90, and its mint...a similar system else where would have been 300+, top bloke and firm highly recommended from Rainy...

• Well I have done it, its probably the same amount of stress as coming out to your mates as being Gay but you hands get dirtier

That was a massive struggle to get everything right, the stainless headers now need more modifying as they fit great but touch the steering rack on the joint so they are having the joint twisted round 45 degrees to get it in there.
    Found a few problems on the way, including a missing drive shaft retainer clip that could have been catastrophic if that had fallen out

Now that I have driven it, I can fully understand why you would put yourself through so much stress, the front feels heavier and more precise, the take off is unbelievable and the power all the way up to 6500 revs is just full on all the time, teven cruising in 4th, just put your foot down and its like you are in 2nd absolutely amazing

Hers some pics of me getting another 100 grey hairs in a day

The good old 1.8 before ripping her heart out and replacing with the devil

Had to remove all the hubs as the driveshafts were jammed in solid

Need lots of space to work in

No engine

some of japans finest gagging to get in there

Ceramic tape wrapped the rear manifold to keep the power steering cool near them

7 hours into it and she is going in

After 18 hours the finished result

• The fook, how did you get the standard strutbrace to fit!?

• Leg wettin stuff sooooooo jealous nice work mate!!!! :twisted:

• Nice work, Bet you would not want to do it again!! I know I don't! You got her running yet??

• So nice… Nice work man.

• That whole weekend has been a nightmare, she is in and running just the reverse gear issue to fix and then its all cosmetic after that

sstenizz
    the standard strut brace was refitted with good old fashion british thinking, large block of wood across the inlet and a tyre lever to bend it upwards out of the way, now has a 10mm gap to move around under

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB