DJMARCOPOLO'S - The GREEN RIVET

• @ea22f9ec27=djmarcopolo:

Walking back to the car today she looked the nuts today as the springs have settled in and she is sitting nice and level now.

Although since doing that, I now have a bush gone on the front left and the gear stick has started dropping through so I have more to do now LOL

Just my stainless decat system to fit at the end of the month and repair all the other faults then its DYNO time at Janspeed at the end of Feb :D :D :D

I found that whilst doing my springs, there is a lot of play in my bushes (huh huh) so that's the next job that needs doing, could do with some fast road bushes really but I'll just have to see what's about for the MX3 :roll:

• I knew something would go, it may be the little torsion bar will have to find out soon and get it done

• YAY :D :D

It arrived today, my mazdaspeed top spoiler, I cleaned and fitted it today but it needs a little modding before I drive around with it on.

They are clamped at either end and the screws just go into the caulking they seal the seams with and dont grip it very well. I will be joining the clamp to the spoiler with some sikaflex before fitting properly.
    Also the little stalk that lifts the back edge off the window is missing so will make something for that and sika that on too

Heres some pics of it on anyway :D :D

• Looks nice that bud :)

• think of all that extra downforce!, your have to try hard to get that back end out now lol :D
    looks better on yours than it did on silver.

• looks mint on their :D

• Dead pleased with the way it looks, and it really compliments the RS spoiler

• Looks great 8)

• Looks good.

now GIVE IT TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

• Was not sure of it when I saw it on the silver car, but like garfy says, it looks nice on yours…

• Looking good… Much better than on the silver car....

• Got it fitted today and refurbed it all :D :D

The little stands in the middle to keep the spoiler off the wipers were missing so I got some 15mm white solid rubber dowel, rounded the end that touches the rear window and then cut to size and araldited it to the inside of the spoiler.

The old screws were a bit loose in the stainless brackets so I drilled them out and tapped in new M4 brass screws that were slightly longer and are much tighter fit.

I fitted the spoiler today and also put on a generous layer of Sikaflex on each end where the spoiler meets the brackets then tightened down and cleaned up after.

Give it 36hrs and the sika will be so hard the brackets will never come off the spoiler again.

Hopefully it wont blow off on the motorway like my wind deflectors :D :D

• MORE TO DO….........

I bought what was meant to be a custom fit decat pipe from the states for my MX-3 but it was just a universal one that was way to big and wasnt the right shape.

I emailed and struck a deal and he refunded me 50% to get it put right, the pipe is an amazing bit of craftsmanship as it has a 2.5" entrance a tapered tube with small baffle leading to a 2"outlet.

Most cheapy decat pipes is a straight bit of tube so the exhaust gasses hit a wall coming down the V6 downpipes as they are 2.5" to the joint.

Anyway I gave our metal department at work 3 photos and the pipe about 2 months ago and they would fit it in when they had spare time

Wahey more to fit to the car as they made it into this for me today and got it back all nice and shiny too

What I originally bought from Ebay america

Now this is what it looks like :D :D

This cost me about £40 to get from the states and the metal shop guy said it would cost about £25-30 at a decent engineering shop to do the work, it was just cut at the correct angle and reweld, if anyone else wants to do the same this is the one I bought

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stainless-Steel-T304-Racing-Exhaust-Catalytic-Converter-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ3aMXQ2d3QQhashZitem415652f1d0QQitemZ280621150672QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

• Why is your wiper white? :? Paint it black again it looks tacky.

• @4279f82ab0=nightstalker:

Why is your wiper white? :? Paint it black again it looks tacky.

my thought too

• Its silver, they all are silver, it matches my door handles :wink:

• @e525876742=djmarcopolo:

Its silver, they all are silver, it matches my door handles :wink:

Each to their own but wipers are ugly and should be not made to stand out in my eyes. If it wasn't on the glass itself I'd take it off completely.

• @6327c1eaa2=nightstalker:

@6327c1eaa2=djmarcopolo:

Its silver, they all are silver, it matches my door handles :wink:

Each to their own but wipers are ugly and should be not made to stand out in my eyes. If it wasn't on the glass itself I'd take it off completely.

I quite like mine silver, they suit the car and with a set of flat wipers on them dont stand out that much, ignore that photo its awful, it makes the top spoiler look crap too

• Well during the move I managed to sneak in some bits for the car

I fitted my decat, it was cheaper to buy a good quality universal one from america and have it adjusted to fit than just have a straight piece of pipe made :?

• 2011 is shaping up to be a good year, just took delivery of my 2.5 KLZE today along with Iridium Leads and the probinator ECU.

I am on the verge of also purchasing full set of brand new MX6 stainless steel headers and down pipe and getting them adjusted to fit

When the KLZE goes in the full stainless exhaust system will be fitted with 5" tail

This will all be fitted in 4 weeks time, workshop + lifting gear booked already :D :D

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB