DJMARCOPOLO'S - The GREEN RIVET

• I fitted my standard strut brace no problem, maybe because mines a straightneck ZE? DJ you won't believe the difference between the 1.8 K8 & 2.5 ZE, YOU WILL LOVE IT!! BTW what gearbox have you put in?

• Ok, well have you tried the hood? Mine almost hits the inlet, so wonder if there's space for a brace that high..

• Congrats :) I still remember my first rip round the block with open headers and the ZE just in…ahhh something beautiful about that. Anyway! Looks like you had a hard time of it. I used an 8ft piece of scaffolding to crack the hub nuts the first time, the car actually lifted off the axle stands before they gave in :shock: First time's the worst, I've it all copper greased up, engine out is a <2hour job now. I hope your reverse gear works out. The reverse gears are the straight cut gears in the black extension housing if you need a visual inspection.

• Woo!! Congrats buddy…

Looking good!! Sounds like it was a lot of hard work.. but the benefits can now be reaped!!!! :D

• If one day you find your car has gotten slower, and changed colour slightly, i didnt steal it and leave mine there :p

good job on getting it in, looks tasty! whenever I work on my 3 it turns into a love hate thing, love to hate it!
    hope you can get the reverse sorted, if not, always got the missus to give you a push where needed ;)

• Congrats, bet you love it!

• @ccb28f1e82=Marco:

I hope your reverse gear works out. The reverse gears are the straight cut gears in the black extension housing if you need a visual inspection.

I will have a look in the black box but I think its something in the gearbox to do with the selector, the way every other gear is very floppy it just seems like something might be not right in the bell housing and because the others are floppy what ever is causing that is blocking reverse . :cry:

The car is great to drive now, i kind of scared myself today doing an A road and floored it up to 3rd and realised I was slightly over the limit already :wink:

The brace also fits perfect, doesnt hit the bonnet and doesnt hit the engine, also I am having problems with tickover at the moment and the car nearly boiled over because the fan wouldnt kick in but have sorted that now

• Whats the tickover problem?

• Looks awesome in the blue. its gonna b something special when you get it running.

• @d2345689c1=ukmx3admin:

Whats the tickover problem?

Its sitting at around 1200 all the time, we adjusted it yesterday but its gone back up, it only drops when it starts to get too hot, will have to get it adjusted and the timing done on the dizzy as that was just guessing it because the timing light was broken.
    Got a slight misfire on one cylinder too you only notice it through the exhaust though but will look at that soon, it had all new plugs etc so will track that down

• For the idle problem I would immediately think its a vacuum problem.

The first thing I would do is put it in diagnostics mode and see what happens to the idle then.

If it goes down to normal 700 rpm then I think you can rule out any vacuum problems etc (correct me if i'm wrong on this).

Then I would check that the throttle cable is ok and letting the throttle completely close.

Then the stepper motor also controls idle, but I can't remember how to check it? Have you got a Chiltons manual?

On my FTO I was able to take off the stepper and clean it all out, don't know if you can on the MX-3.

So it might be worth cleaning up all the TB and what you can on the stepper.

As for the misfire, try and find out which cylinder is misfiring, then checking your plug gaps and leads / swapping them over to see if thats the problem.

• Did the bumper /spoiler arrive OK?

• the bumper and spoiler arrived today thanks :D

The only vacuum pipe not attached is the pipe labelled to airbox as I have nowhere to plug it into, I put the pipe on that came off the equipe as that ran perfectly without it because it snapped off the airbox and the end was almost completely closed so never connected it as it never affected it

I did have a nightmare with the vacuum pipes on the rear but located them in the end but they could be slightly mixed up or I have plugged the white and blue sensor plugs in the wrong way round

• Did you get the idle problem sorted?

• Ive been on holiday but back into it straight away this weekend and I put the straight through stainless exhaust on. Its actually now quieter than it was before with the sportex box and standard center and sounds like an angry bumble bee now, but the KLZE seems happier with it on so it may stay.

Have ordered a stack of parts this weekend and some are in the post at the moment but things to do for japfest is fast building up, I have a new rocker cover on its way and that will be straight in for powder coating when it arrives a replacement throttle body as the idle problem is a dodgy sensor, have a new front slam panel coming to get chromed.

I have ordered a massive pile of rare parts including a pair of mazdaspeed skirts that are due to arrive this week, so many rare mx3 parts that are all from one car in 4 seperate parcels totalling 65kgs otherwise it would have had to be a pallet to get it all here:D :D

heres some pics of the exhaust fitted, it doesnt look it but its a 5" tailpipe

• That looks loud :)

• @b9a0e4cad1=daniel:

That looks loud :)

It looks loud but its not :cry:

• really? have you decat it yet? mind you it depends how loud you want you car i guess. seriously congrats on the klze. i new i should have kept my mx3 :(

• Its quieter than the sportex rear box, but the rear box on this has been made so it pretty much fits the whole of the rear exhaust space, it is decatted but its a lot quieter, its all down to the resonance

• yeah thats true, it does look mean enough to scare anyone off though lol. did you time the 0-60mph before and after the klze? i am very curious of this. i would imagine with klze it would be somewhere around 6 seconds depending on what other mods have gone on

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB