DJMARCOPOLO'S - The GREEN RIVET

• Looks wicked Keith :D nice attention to detail with the green zip ties :wink:

• did you get your handling and idle issues sorted ?
    looking good btw!. You should transfer your yellow PAS pipe to green also

• @a193eb98d9=Garfy1981:

did you get your handling and idle issues sorted ?
    looking good btw!. You should transfer your yellow PAS pipe to green also

Heya garfy, the handling issue isnt quite sorted, I am thinking it maybe the hot spells we have are laying lots of rubber down and then its being washed away now and again.
    The idle problem is still ongoing, i clean the egr out its great for that day and then its back to it, I cannot get it apart so next time I will rinse with brake cleaner and then pump a bit of wd40 in it after and see what happens

The new oil catch tank has also done wonders to performance, I think the old short narrow guage pipe wasnt sealing well because now its back to being the animal I first fitted, it kind of felt flat recently but now its a monster again, also gave it some beans earlier and this huge whistle noise appeared, I have blown the gasket on the inspection panel on the top of inlet manifold so some gasket sealer is being applied tomorrow and it should be all good again :D :D

• :evil: :evil: :evil:

Took the little panel off this evening that was leaking air on the inlet manifold and one of the stupid alloy bolts sheared - now I ahve to try and drill it out of the manifold :evil: :evil:

• Good day today, I fitted my full leather interior and the difference soft leather makes it also makes it a lot brighter inside, the door cards have the saggy leather but had a chat with an upholsterer today and he is sorting that next week, it turns out to get the moulding to the door you need to glue and then vacuum seal them on

Also fitted a new pioneer cd today, its all black so suits the dash much better with everything else black in the middle

• that looks bloody awesome mate! you lucky git lol

• Dat is fully P.I.M.P. 8)

• If you look back at my project log it comes around a lot that I do love white wheels on a car and today she has her mid 90's essex style white hi heels on again

I have saved a while for these babies to be done properly, I bought them when a set was written off over christmas due to a huge pothole, I bought these for £80 and fitted brand new tyres on them but they were in a sorry state and I bought the 17" KEI's because they were almost new but plain and boring

Today after a week away I got these back on the road, brand new tyres back on them and fully refurbed, repaired, shot blasted and powder coated in metallic ice white

I wont say how much I paid but I could have brought a brand new set of 15's with tyres for the cost of this lot :cry:

But they do look the shizzle :D :D :D and thats what its about innit lol

Next week is a new steering wheel and rear strut brace to be fitted

• They look great 8) A set of clear side repeaters would go down awesome now I'd say.

What tyres did you go for?

• they are a set of nankang hi rating 205/40/17 they cost £125 inc delivery for 4 plus £30 fitting and the difference a complete new set of tyres makes to handling is amazing :D :D

• in DJ marcopolo white again i see lol. they are the shiz mate

• Look good, but if I'm honest, not a big fan of powder coating, can't be touched up like paint

• Noice I like! Get 'er a bit lower now for maximum effect :wink:

• @27b65be2ff=youdirtyfox:

Noice I like! Get 'er a bit lower now for maximum effect :wink:

I look everyday for coilovers, its down to just under £500 for a set I have found

• Dont cheap out on them dude. XYZ super sports are built for road cars, myself and Marco can vouch for them being soft enough for everyday use :D

• I know but I also want new paint all over, fit my bodykit parts and change the exhaust again plus remove all dents thats a couple of grand left to go and this project thread will be finished :D

• no you cant mate. you cant end this project. it has been a good read if i do say so myself lol. are you going to keep no2 for another project?

• You say that it will be the end but it won't, just wait till you feel more than 200hp in it :-)

• No2 will be up for sale soon and all proceeds will be going on a mental paint job, I am even having the equipe logo on the side recreated in another colour to suit the new paint, gotta get the dents done first :wink:
    I am now looking at colours, its either going to be a green so I dont have to change the V5 or I just go OEM with the noble green

I was thinking of a british racing green like the MX5's as there isnt one in it but it wouldnt stand out so I quite fancy a candy green of some sort, when I sell equipe no2 for what I want I will be halfway to the paint fund :D :D :D

• I know that feeling lol. got a fair few dents myself

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB