DILLIGAF?: Project Ratty

• air intake I bet.

• its an air intake and headlight in one unit so its still road legal

• iteresting choice of location, think id rather have my lights than a big hole, the fog lights are obsolete on that bumper so thats where id have run it from

• it looks mean as fuk and purposefull if you ask me :D

• @984b655b52=Jesta:

iteresting choice of location, think id rather have my lights than a big hole, the fog lights are obsolete on that bumper so thats where id have run it from

The MASSIVE intercooler kinda cancels that option out. Also having a cold air feed low to the ground, in the spot light position, is not a good idea what with it being so close to the ground and susceptible to getting a whole load of nice UK weather in it. The headlight is a proven winner and allows a lot more air into the engine as well (not to mention looking cool as diddley).

• I spose, though I cant agree on it looking cool at all, each to his own…

• Well day 2 without the car. Decided to mark a new start on the 17's, plenty of people saying I should do them red to complement the rising sun so guess what….

• Well, the wheels will be finished off tomorrow and fitted after my recent purchase.

Federal Super steels.

I guess I'll have to think about lowering it more now as I'll gain an extra 2 inches on the ride height now :roll:

• thats a low profile tyre, so it might be the same
    as a 15" with a higher profile?

• @b31dfde5c9=Jesta:

iteresting choice of location, think id rather have my lights than a big hole, the fog lights are obsolete on that bumper so thats where id have run it from

You guys are kidding right? You never actually looked at the track? Most of the genuine tracktime racers have an extra air intake instead of a headlight.. What good is it to have two headlights on the track anyways? :lol:
    If it was easy to take mine out, I whould fit one of those nice open units too.. But have to take the entire friggin front bumper off.. :roll:

• if thats a 40mm depth tyre then it should be approx 5.4mm taller at each end of the wheel/tyre than a standard 15 with 60's on, so it should only lift the car by (again approx) 5.4mm, and also be 5.4mm closer to the arches.

Approx.

1 inch = 25.4mm

17 x 25.4 = 431.8mm
    431.8mm + 40 + 40 (top and bottom of tyre profile) = 511.8mm (total height from ground to top of tyre)

Standards…

15 x 25.4 = 381mm
    381mm + 60 + 60 = 501mm

Difference between the two is 10.8mm which can be divided as it crosses the path of the carrier hub, so works out at being a mere 5.4mm extra on each side of the wheel.

Which really is neglible when you consider your measurements would be out by about the same when compared between brand new 60's and a pair of well worn 60's which would have a smaller circumference due to the wear on the outer of the tyre.

You could work out from that and a bit more maths, how much the difference in speed reading will be on the dials.

If my maths is right, which there is a good chance it isnt as this is just a formula I knocked up in my head, and is based on rotational distance difference, you should be looking at

1.0209923664122137404580152671756 (30mm) of difference per wheel rotation, which I believe would work out at 2% over reading difference, so at 100mph youd be doing 102mph

• @2ff8546686=SstennizZ:

@2ff8546686=Jesta:

You guys are kidding right? You never actually looked at the track? Most of the genuine tracktime racers have an extra air intake instead of a headlight.. What good is it to have two headlights on the track anyways? :lol:
    If it was easy to take mine out, I whould fit one of those nice open units too.. But have to take the entire friggin front bumper off.. :roll:

Its not on a track. So why compromise your lighting? Whatever though, I really dont care, I think it look shit, and thats the end of it.

• Shh people…..

Got the new FC mag with some dandy stickers, had a few drinks and found some scissors and ended up with this

:lol:

• comedy gold!

• lol cool

• Not even 10:30 yet, another day off, most people would still be dribbling cornflakes down their faces but not me.

Stripped the final wheel down and sprayed it up and then set about fitting the wheels in the nice rain that has now stopped since I have finished fitting them!

It has raised the car quite a bit now so more lowerness is definitely in order!

I'm also in the process of re spraying the spoiler which was gloss black and very tatty.

Time for a cuppa I think.

• lookin good (in a ratty kinda way :wink: )

Wheels look cool on the motor…

• Cheers Hammy :)

Took it out for a mooch earlier on to see the difference from the 15's. I was expecting it to be hideous but I was extremely surprised! :shock: The car feels 100% better on the 17's!

Who was it who wanted to see an MX3 with mud flaps on?

Wellllll.

• Those wheels are nice, the colour goes well with the rest lol

17's with brand new tyres make the handling 100% better on the MX

I think next on the list with a spray can is turning those lights into rat lexus lights :wink:

• @d8ca5a7a34=djmarcopolo:

Those wheels are nice, the colour goes well with the rest lol

17's with brand new tyres make the handling 100% better on the MX

I think next on the list with a spray can is turning those lights into rat lexus lights :wink:

It's something I've been toying with for a while, doing something like Foxy has done on his :wink:

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB