Sooty 2.0 - Autozam AZ-3 B5ZE - rear bumper respray

• Nice work, and damn I want!

• Whats your target BHP?

You should be training as an Engineer.

• :cheers:

Target is approx 200bhp. I'll take above or below really. More about fun factor and craving that turbo kick :-) I say that now of course :lol:

• I will be using 320cc injectors enough for 180hp, so RX-7's are more than enough I would imagine.

Looks like that Turbo needs a fair amount of clocking, Oil drain right at the bottom is it?

• Oil drain is off in that pic, comes out the bottom, reckon it should be sweet :)

Not sure what the neatest way to route the coolant is yet. Not looking forward to taking the oil pan off for the return, always a chore!

In other news, got the coolant relay hooked up. That was a weird one, can't actually find the wire in the cabin. The relay is part of the fusebox on this car, just ran my own mini loom into the engine bay which caters for the fan and the IAT sensor. Got the AEM wideband sorted and MAF is deleted. Running sweet now with the miata 1.6 base maps, feels pretty lively!

• Good stuff! Did you see where I propose for the coolant? Although your tubby banjos might point in a different direction, Got a diag. somewhere.

Aye sump is no fun, my union has worked a little loose so its something I have to do again :(

You running a FMIC with 1bar or above to get to your goal?

• 425cc's will work. Many of us B6 guys had idle issues running the 450's. Under boost was great but could not cut back the fuel enough to get a decent idle, was always way rich. You will probably have more success having the MS.

• OTT 3" DOWNPIPE TIME

I only had 3" SS pipe left, and it leaves room for upgrading the rest of exhaust later, so there you have it. I didn't have a reducer so just made slices and bend them in to reduce to 2.5" round the back. I have to say what a pleasure it was to make compared to weaving one under a v6 crossmember with the KL turbo. That massive gap in the alu sump makes it so easy :)

Evo elbow chopped at downpipe flange
    3" ss bend
    3" flex pipe
    3" flange free courtesy of my local exhaust shop!

oh and it's now road legal and my daily driver!

I think I've finally decided the AC is going to go. Northern Ireland is baltic enough and it will make intercooling a LOT easier.

• Shiney shizzle Bro 8)

• lol fo' shizzle Sam.

I bought a box of SS 3" bends years ago on ebay, finally found use for one! Cracked all my gas cups now, so need to buy a few, you can see the welds aren't as nice, that and I'm tight with gas.

• Severely jealous of your skills, Marc. Great, great work so far. This is going to be beast, and I demand a spin :bigok:

• I'd pay to have your skills for a weekend to help with mine :(

• After just 6 glorious days on the road, my car was stolen last night from my own front door.

Joyriding scum. I'll be picking it up to see the damage today or Monday.

• @92f2680757=Marco:

After just 6 glorious days on the road, my car was stolen last night from my own front door.

Joyriding scum. I'll be picking it up to see the damage today or Monday.

DA FUCK!

BASTARDS.
    Hope it's not destroyed.

• There are some dickheads in the world.

Hope its alright for you.

• NO NO NO!!!! They want catching and then the FEDS giving you a half an hour
    in a room wi em with a tube of super glue!
    I would pass both their arms under their legs, apply glue to hands and stick to their bellends!!!

I hope your suprised by the lack of damage fella I really do x

FUCKIN SHIT STAINS!!!!

• oh man I am sorry. You have put a lot of work in to it, I hope that it is not damaged.

• Any word?

• Yea its back. Its not too bad. They pried the door open so frame is a bit damaged. Steering lock broken, column bent from that. Ignition damage. Tax disc gone/lost. Got the column out already. Doesn't match the uk bolt pattern so can't straight swap my old cars. Might just cut and weld the bracket. Going to turn it into fort knox. They only had it for 4.3 miles before police forced them to leg it. Engine seems OK. This car will not be successfully stolen ever again.

• Good to hear.

'Got the column out already. Doesn't match the uk bolt pattern so can't straight swap my old cars'

I found that out when I did the dash swap bud, it's harder then it looks :( Everything is different enough to cause headaches.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB