Sooty 2.0 - Autozam AZ-3 B5ZE - rear bumper respray

• Sterling work sir on that antenna 8)

• Thanks Sam :)

Had the dash apart today, fitted a MPH overlay over the clocks, bit of a temp solution but it will hopefully suffice for MOT.

Windscreen replacement is booked for Monday afternoon. An unfortunate and unexpected expense :( It'll be nice to have a shiny new one fitted though.

• I was just thinking windscreen today. How nice it would to have a nice crystal clear view again, especially with my mono wipe.

Dood I got to do some MIG body filling at some point will shoot you a PM.

Great to see you crackin' on, whens MOT?

• Yea its been fairly fast paced this project! Helps having most parts already haha. Mot isn't booked yet, have to phone up and book it via the VIN as its not registered in UK yet! Nothing achieved today - too damn wet! Yea nice new windscreen shall be lovely.

• Today I swapped the front bumper over. Pics to follow.

Unfortunately discovered evidence of crash damage. The passenger side is a bit out of alignment around the headlight, nothing chronic, but a bit disappointing. Hopefully I can beat it true, it will do for now!

Looks much better for having glass headlights, mint sidelights and a straight bumper :)

• Probably going to swap my carbon fibre bonnet over anyway but anyway - before on RHS, after polishing on LHS:

MX3 to 323F BA V6 5 stud
    BEFORE 257mm disc, 54mm piston, 4stud:

AFTER 274mm disc, 57mm piston, 5 stud, goodridge SS brake lines:

Also replaced tie rod ends and ball joints due to split boots.

Windscreen out!

Windscreen in!

Front bumper swapped over with glass headlights, clear sidelights and you can see the polishing has helped this side a lot :)

• Coming up lovely now, certainly a worthy predecessor to Sooty 1.0!

• Lovely work, whats involved with the 5 stud conversion?

• Thank you sirs :-)

323f v6 parts-front-
    Spindles
    Calipers
    Discs

Rear-
    Discs
    Mx3 calipers
    323 hub bearing assembly

Plug and play! Couldn't believe me luck first time I tried it :-)

• Thanks bud,

• The shine off of that! Finding it hard to believe lol

• Lol… They said it was duller than a season of downton abbey, that it could never shine haha

G220 ftw! Still scratchy, but not so embarrassingly chronic.

The alarm randomly went off, blew my ears off!

• Hi Marco x did ya do glass yourself? my moulding strip is rank ! think it was fitted on a friday by Stevie Wonder ! its all pukered and wrinkly :( would like to replace at same time as glass, which I think will fail test on thurs this week, due to bullet hole? My K8 is black too, (PZ I think ?) have you used the paint 'swirl remover' listed on probestore? I generally use 'coloured turtle polish' but always end up with an engine turned effect after polishing? just wondered if youv'e ever used it or know someone who has? kev B , PS what wheels ya usin with 5 stud? Aftermarket or Mazda ?

• Heres me on about Stevie Wonder? and theres a big fekkin white autowindows van in background of ya pics ??? Derrrrrrrrrr ! did ya fit glass yerself ???? lol. Soz Marco! think it was that excessive shine on car that blinded me somewhat ? x Aww its late! brain fade! question still stands on swirl remover tho ? unless theres a bottle clearly visible in pics somewhere?

• Hey! Nope got it done, cheaper than buying the right tools for the job! Haha yea that's common enough. My old car was lie that too. Bullet hole!?

Yep pz. I used farcla g3 and a polishing pad, its really the DA polisher that matters the most to me! Can't imagine how long it'd take by hand :shock:
    '
    SSR Type C 16x7" 5.7kg per wheel :-) Lighter than the OEM 15"

• BEFORE:

AFTER:

Nice MAF system on these, very little restriction compared to the V6 VAF. External IAT sensor too, nifty!

Now with K&N cone filter :)

Windscreen looks fantastic :) The seal is really neat, glad I went new.

Also:
    Ran wynns engine cleaner, largely cleared up sticky HLA tick
    New oil filter
    New oil
    New valve cover gasket

• Damn…. I'm in the process of doing that to mine but damn.. it's not going to be that good!

• Great work in such a short amount of time! Very nice!

I did love the MAF on the 1.6 it is quite nice from the VAF on the GS or the RS. I always wanted to look into the Milly MAF to see if it could swap over. it is larger :)

Still cannot believe how much work you have put into it in such little time. Great job. Glad to see this not go to the crusher.

• @36f9ad49f4=josh95mx:

Great job. Glad to see this not go to the crusher.

It was never going to go to the crusher. If Marc hadn't bought it, I was planning on entering it into next seasons Stockhatch class. The silver one will be heading to the crusher soon though - if ya want a free engine Marc, you're welcome to it lol

• Haha yea must be because it was rough to start people think it was being crushed! Hmmyea I think I'll have to get that off you Jason thanks. Barcelona badge was removed today lol

Thanks Josh. I've been fairly flat out working on it in between study. Hoping to get it show worthy, not mint but not embarrassing for summer car shows.

MOT is booked for Thursday :-) not sure if it will pass but I hope the list won't be too long considering so much has been replaced.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB