Sooty 2.0 - Autozam AZ-3 B5ZE - rear bumper respray

• Cheers guys!

Will do Jason, any reason? Just a nosey?

Dinitrol medium car kit approx £100 but used about 40% of it so enough left for my other car
    Car lift hire was about £12/hr x5hrs for my anal level of removing trim etc.

• Yep just a poke around! :)

• Some pics after putting the skirts back on :)

• Great pics,Marco!!!Car looks really nice!!!! :respect: :D

• Wicked mate lovely shots! Think black is my new favourite car colour :P

• Coloured wheels to match ?.

• looking good as always :cheers:

• looking really good marco. tidier than mine. i'll have to meet up some time with you and check over my example, not as tidy as yours mind.

once i get my cooling pws pipe i shall have her back on the road, though need to adjust the ile as she sits at 1500 rpm, then when you put her into 1st it drops to 800 rpm. not sure what might be going on. might need a new clutch at some future point, need to dbl clutch for reverse sometimes.

• Thanks Edy, would be nice to see yours updated ;)

Thanks Foxy, looks decent in photos but a nightmare to clean and keep scratch free!

Garfy, I have came close before lol.

Cheers DJ :cheers:

Spoddy, for sure! Hmm maybe ecu using neutral switch to change the revs. Reverse is straight cut gears so don't be surprised if it's awkward sometimes :)

• I decided the worst looking part of my car was the rear bumper. It came with the car pretty hammered with minor collision damage. Fortunately nothing frame bendingly serious.

Rough old bumper, dented and apparently painted with dulux with a yard brush, also rubber "I can't park strips":

The 'new' bumper from a certain scrap car. Had to be rubbed back down to plastic due to silicone inclusions on the last persons respray.

Rusty bracketry

Loose rust off

Dipped in magical green liquid:

Dererusted and acid etch primed, later 2k painted:

Worst bit of the cars rear:

Quick 2k new paint on the rear panel:

Shiny HKS and new paint :D

• I like!

Nice work.

• Great stuff dude, slowly but surely getting mint :-p

• I'm left with no excuses,Marco. :? Even in weather like this you still managing to do awesome and great jobs :respect: i will make a small update a bit later..

• how are your rear wheel arches marc, mine went due to chips and water getting in and bubbling the area near the bumper and under the fuel cap.
    so i rubbed the paint off and had to rub alot of rust off. made a few holes as metal got that thin under the fuel cap area. also had to build up the rear drivers side with some metal and filler until i get it done properly.

some cheapo black pound store spray paint to blend in, but looks much better than bubbly paint. i do have the bottom corner of the passenger door bending out slightly as it has rusted away from the seam. its the area in front of the side skirt. so i would need a passenger door in black if you know of one.

• Wee update. Did this months ago but sure. GENUINE MAZDASPEED YOOOOOOO

Had a bit of fibreglass work to do. Also filled in the badly placed number plate screws in favour of the real holes which use m6 bolts. Back garden spray in 2k. Also had to make room for the IC behind the support, wasn't willing to chop up this bumper in any form! Fitment is fantastic.

• I want that bumper…... Nice work mate

• That bumper looks class!!! You always doing great job on your car. I may drop mine in for your back garden spray painting, lol.

• Thanks guys! It's all in the wet sanding and DA polishing!

• admin

Looking good Marco!

How easy was it come by that Mazdaspeed bumper? I'm still wondering if I want to go down that route, they do look great though!

Jono

• Difficult jono. There are replica bumpers about but I've never seen a mazdaspeed one for sale.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB