Sooty 2.0 - Autozam AZ-3 B5ZE - rear bumper respray

• What's the plan for the wheels that were on it?

• Sell them on, why you keen on them?

• Mazdaspeed strut bar installed, plenty of clearance on a 4 cylinder :lol: Kinda forgot I had this! Brightens up the bay a bit.

• Suffering from the cold today, so haven't been doing anything major. Installed MS strutbrace, refitted interior trims, eunos SS sill plates and then took some photos -

• Sexy time! This is coming along awesomely. The moment steering wheel is the job! I showed my brother these pics, he's delighted to see what you've done.

Yeah, if ya are moving them on let me know, all depends on the finances at the time tho, moving into a new apartment next month (and not to mention the rx7 money pit!).

• Yea they're for sale :-) though I may take 2 tyres off them. Nice one, I do my best haha. Though the best has yet to come of course.

MOT PASSED WOOOOOOO :-)

it actually failed first time but only on headlight adjustment! It has evidence of a frontal bump, so I think that's why. The tester was very impressed with the refurbed subframe and general mechanical work, 5 stud conversion etc :-)

Next step registration!

• By the by, there's a rotary meet in Portlaoise on 7/7 if your RX7 is ready ;)

• Decat is complete. Not overly attractive but a decent result for being made in between snow flurries :-) 2.5" stainless.

• I need me one of them! Good work man.

• Cheers! Funny shape those 1.5 cats. Wanted to keep it swappable just in case MOT get fussy.

• This project has been planned as an eco-boost project if that's not a contradiction in terms! Basing it on a civic 1.5 eco project I read about hitting as high as 65MPG, though they have the lean burn advantage.

ANYWAY…. hardware:
    Evo 8 turbo £60 with only 20k on it!
    Evo manifold £80
    Evo downpipe elbow £to be bought
    B6 flange £18
    Megasquirt DIYPNP $500

MANIFOLD TIME!
    Evo 8 manifold compared to B6/B5 flange:

Not quite a match, going to require some chopping!

The scary bit, just destroyed an evo manifold:

I then made slices on the inner 2 runners and bent them in. I had to cut the two outer and remove 1cm of length each side.

Tacked mock up:

Almost done now, I'll maybe finish going round the welds tomorrow.

So that's how you make an Evo manifold fit an mx-3
    :D :D :D

• Good work as always! :respect:

• Nice!

• I mean this in the best way - you're a mad bastard, Marc.

• @52eceb0aa4=jayom:

I mean this in the best way - you're a mad !@"*, Marc.

A fully supported statement :0

• Nice work.

TIG welders rule.

I miss mine. :(

Are you using stainless filler wire?

• haha thanks Jason!

Yep TIG welders seriously are the best! Just the gas prices I don't like about them. Yep stainless filler. I should have perhaps bought some expensive filler rod for the flange as it's mild steel but I'll just hope for the best!

MANIFOLD COMPLETE!

Now B5/6 shape :)

I was slightly tempted to sit and port and polish but I just can't be bothered spending hours on a 2bhp gain or whatever.

I've been battling with a megasquirt problem in between making the manifold. Having bother getting the cam signal conditioned for the MS to understand, until I do can't progress the MS with no RPM.

• Man that looks PIMP!
    :respect:

• thanks!

MEGASQUIRT RUNNING THE SHOW :D

I reflashed the firmware, grabbed a tune off miataturbo forums and boom RPM at last!
    Next dealt with spark issues.
    Then configured for fully sequential fuel injection and was running!

Still need to wire in:
    IAC
    AC
    Fan control
    Launch control

Thinking of picking up Rx8 yellow injectors 425cc, fair enough? I want high impedance for minimum hassle.

Picked up a free flange from my local exhaust shop for a chunky 3" downpipe :D I have 3" flexpipe ready to rock and elbow for the turbo on the way. Though it'll be going into a 2.5" decat… followed by 2.25" exhaust... for now anyway.

Shopping list is getting short, thankfully.

I'll try and document the wiring for this once it's done, it's been an experience, being as I've no ECU pinout for the b5 ECU.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB