Polycarb Rear Window GB 2011\. + Weight reduction discussion

• Current Update

The spec for all the screens will be 4mm with bordered edge as pic below keeping it oem looking. And without wiper hole. Hope thats ok.

• Looking forward to seeing this! :)

• Started to remove existing glass.

• Everyone is all paid up now. Will chase up order on monday, im away to dublin week starting bank holiday 29th, so im hoping all to be delivered by then.
    Were nearly there after 2 yrs of planning is it !!!!!!!.

• they are all wrapped up and ready to be shipped :D ,
    i was hoping for a pic before they were shipped but they are all wrapped up now :(
    hopefully they are fine, if not i just have to take the blame lol, although im sure they will be as there are no complaints ive heard about their products.
    They will be going out monday, if i get any kind of tracking numbers i will pm you guys.

cheers
    Gareth

• can you all post on here when they arrive safe and well. cheers guys

• Mine's arrived, not opened it yet as I've not got space to ATM, but packaging was fine, so I'm sure its fine 8)

• Just arrived :) looks good so far!

• Mines arrived thanks not opened it yet

• Mine arrived today too!. Also haven't checked yet but notice there is a label marked report damage within 7 days so that's the deadline if you want to check them.
    Just rob still waiting.
    Also need some photos for website if anyone wants to volunteer. could be future discount on persex sliders !. :)

• just opened it and it looks great very happy thanks garfy

next thing how do you fit it lol

• well their website sells siloflex, whcih keith ( djmarcopolo ) uses on his boats so you can either get some online or tap keith up :D , rob was talking about riviting it in, but im not sure how that would go??.
    I was just going to try and find someone who works for the likes of autoglass and lives local and wave some cash at them !!.

• well mine is ment to be as light as possible so a thin bead of silicone to keep it water tight and then alu rivets all around it.

silkoflex is a good option but tough to use unless you have a good caulking gun.

• i still have to remove the glass. i would suggest to all that got it not to leave it standing or lying flat for long as poly carb can sag if its not supported
    i have mine sitting on the rear hatch.

i'm going to take the hatch off and thake the glass out of it in the back garden.

i just need to buy some alu rivets now

• i did wonder if it would deform ? mines sitting inside car at moment as its all stripped out !
    I thought you already had glass out rob from previous pictures?

• only 2 small inch strips left to go! absoloute arse to get

• where i'm pointing to is where the cold knife couldnt cut because of the mounting tabs hence the other knife (it might look useless but this increadably sharp)

once the window is out cut all the old glue off

just mocking it up for now i know i could of cleaning the frame a bit but i'm debating on making up a mould for it

• Looks like a good fit, mines still in its packaging, not had anytime to have a looky yet :roll:

• I spent about 2hrs trying to cut the glass out what a pain I gave in in the end lol

• what where you using jay? dont give up! i was geuninely happy to see i got the thing out without breaking it!

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB