Sam's Proper MX-3 - LT Turbo project *Parting out*

• Took alot of hard saving to get them, but it had to be done as my ride height on 15" wheel with -35mm springs is criminal!

Now its time to super dump this mofo, until i need to get over a speed bump or two!

Yeah i will give my review once there on, plus loads of pictures once I have cleaned and polished though :D

• @3a1edbdad8=youdirtyfox:

Took alot of hard saving to get them, but it had to be done as my ride height on 15" wheel with -35mm springs is criminal!

Now its time to super dump this mofo, until i need to get over a speed bump or two!

Yeah i will give my review once there on, plus loads of pictures once I have cleaned and polished though :D

There's no point if it's no gon scrape. Just dump it and think of alternative routes :lol:

I know I could do with dropping another inch on the front of mine and possibly half an inch on the rear, already dropped 40mm.

I'll have to wait until next year for coilies and I think getting the whole underneath of the car replaced :lol:

• Yeah man good ethic , I can still get my whole fist inbetween the wheel and the arch athe mo :o :lol:

Good things comes to those who wait :wink: :D

Need to get me a low entry jack before i dump it too low and cant get it back up again :lol:

• Be interesting to know how low you can go, I've got k sports and slammed it so low that I had to change the rear springs as the original ones rubbed on the tyres, I just drive up on a block of wood to get a jack under the car now!! your XYZ's look very similar to my k sports…...

• Also waiting on some new front drop links to arrive before I fit the coilovers as I have a feeling mine are dead!

• ..and in the mean time I flyeyed my sidelights , Cheers Lori :D

• Well I was up at 7:30 this morning to start on fitting my coilovers,
    only to discover a rounded off nut on the old drop links, so
    I started removing the wishbone to cut off the offending nut
    only to find the wishbone ball joint wobbly as hell!

So got to wait another week now on some ball joints before I can fit these
    coilovers….

• be worth it in the end :wink:

• Aye, for real :)

Just a little picture comparison.

ROC has sent my new ball joints out today so I can crack
    on again at the weekend!

• Bare in mind that stock springs are alot softer, so they will fall down more when put on car!

• yeah I took some measurements on and off the car so I could
    set the coilovers up to a ballpark ride height.

• This is currently whats cookin in my kitchen :o

• made another push to get these coilovers on today and yesterday (yes in the rain)
    Was going really well till the drivers side front wishbone bolt refused to pass the sump :? So had to change ball joint and cut off drop link in situ!

managed to get the fronts done and it got to about 2:30 and I thouht…
    ... right time for a beer :D
    Set the fronts up by aligning the lower mount level with inner strut body
    then wound them both up thirteen times, wich leaves about a 2 finger
    gap between the wheel and arch and about another 20mm to play with
    if I want to lower further 8)
    Round two next weekend, then off to pro-tyres for a 4 wheel alignment.

This shows my first setting before the thirteen turns up, plus I had
    to move the brake line further back and as it fouled on
    the wheel.

after the thirteen turns up

• since Ive had a beer its dropped another one fingers worth :lol:

• Looking good :D

• Cheers dude!

This is it now after the front dropped a little more.

• Don't mean to sound rude, back still looks a bit high to me, is that as low as it can go? just asking because when I fitted mine I had a problem with the rear springs rubbing the inside of the tyre, so I had to buy some shorter springs for the back to get it lower

• How rude :P :lol:

rears not installed yet Gulfy
    You got me worried now !

• @5255f538f4=youdirtyfox:

How rude :P :lol:

rears not installed yet Gulfy
    You got me worried now !

they look mint mate, hope rears go ok

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB