Sam's Proper MX-3 - LT Turbo project *Parting out*

• And there's me worried about 215 on a 17inch 7J !.

• I am certainly pushing the envelope on size here, but that's pretty much how you pull stance out of any car and those MX arches do take some filling.

Received my pot of recommended wheel sealant, smells lush bet it don't taste as good though! 2 coats going on all 4 wheels this afternoon, then its on to the first proper sketchy drive and some photos :D 8) Founds some great new locations will be up tomorrow & Sunday morning around 5:30AM to catch the sunrise hopefully!

Pot of pink goodness…

:lol:

• Look forward to the pics

• The 1st of a few I would imagine 8)

• Looks fantastic mate! Well done. Strange how long the car looks that low.

• Nice!! Keep those wheels nice and clean, winters coming

• Those look great man props!!!

• Thanks guys means a lot, makes it all worth while plus the looks I get as I scrub and scrape down the road is pretty amusing. My neighbours have been telling me that the car tripods coming up the driveway with one wheel actually locking itself up! Going to have to raise the rear just 5mm I think, already dug the arch into the tire so the damage has been done, but fook it the noise of constant rubbing is getting annoying now,lol

Will do Gulfy that poorboys wheel sealent is a great deterent against brake dust sticking to the wheels though, hardly a spec on there from driving around all weekend, few specs of ground up rubber on the rears though!

One final pic before I sign off for a good few months, got some boring DIY to do, but then a trip to Russia planned in January so I am going to need some decent thermal wear! Will be back though to complete the project :D :D :D

• oooooooooooo. Those rims! Me likey!
    Looking great pal.

• Cheer Bro, over the moon with the wheels and the fitment. Little bit of negative camber should let me get back down low as I was before :D

• You need to get that hatch garnish sprayed red now bud…

• Funny that, I think you are about the 5th or 6th person to say that! best get a 'shop done :D

• @e096e70ac3=youdirtyfox:

Funny that, I think you are about the 5th or 6th person to say that! best get a 'shop done :D

Thata boy!

Get it done!

• I am on it! Now where that freakin memory stick get to lol

Got a really cool share off of a fan appreciation week on FB recently from
    http://speconesociety.com/

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=708584722502104&set=a.228704183823496.75523.228699350490646&type=1&theater

143 likes! :D :D :D

• Have another like bud ;)

• & another… :)

• Wicked thanks Guys! Been uploading this latest Photo to MazdaFitment, retrostance, SlammedUK, Banzai magazine & Japanese classic car FB pages as well now…

After getting really fuct off with the mess my tools where in I picked up
    this cheap (£65) Roll Cab. from B&Q, has made the world of difference cutting job times in half. Speaking of which swapped out the sump in record time this morning, lets hope this mofo don't leak.

Next job up is to throw a little bit of negative camber on the rear so I can get a little bit lower again and if RX7 front ball joints were not so expensive I would having some of those up front too :D

• Nice work, just searched my locak B&Q for one and they don't even stock em… :cry:

Could bloody use one as well.

Sump looks good. 0.o

• That's a shame man you could probably pick one up online but I bet the postage would be a killer! Sump is all good now, not one drop on the ground so one is well 'appy

So a little catch up of what I have been doing lately…

Dialed in about 2.5 degrees of negative camber on the rears via the way of slotting the hubs with a drill file, so the hub carrier can pivot more. Used a serrated flange nut to hold it all in tight. Works very nicely can now hard corner again without ripping the sidewalls to shreds.

Result:

Stuck some decals on the rear window.

Adding more bits to the Turbo kit…

20mm ID hose finishers for the sump line.

M8 copper coated self locking nuts for the manifold.

Oh yeah and we also got a post up by Mazdamovement on Instagram!!!

• 3" Oval to round Turbo dump pipe welded, power pressed back into shape
    and then lightly polished.

In other Metal news today, Man cuts in half spun aluminium Air Con. Body and tapes them to His Car! Could be Epic, could be Epic fail? We just don't know yet!

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB