Sam's Proper MX-3 - LT Turbo project *Parting out*

• Bit big for my 1.6 engine running 7psi, looking for really quick spool up! Cheers though :)

• they put t3 t4's on rs turbo's also a 1.6

• yeah know mate, and tbh it would be easier making a t3 fit as you could use
    an adaptor plate on the mani instead of a adaptor block. seen a fully rebuilt t25
    with 360 race bearing and stagger gap seal for 200 quid just up the road from me,
    i wanna boost as low down the rev range as poss :)

• just some more info on the turbo conversion:

http://www.boomslang.us/ can possibly build a plug and play harness
    running emanage blue (ignition and fuel) if I send them the schematics for
    around $200.
    schematics here : http://mx-3.com/manuals/index.php?folder=/1995 Workshop Manual/Z/

I've also enquired into a SPEC stage 1 clutch from the UK
    http://www.specclutch.com/dealers/United_Kingdom
    with a torque rating of 195 lb/ft wich retail at $269,
    yet to find out a UK price though.

Also some good info here : http://miataturbo.wikidot.com/fuel-injectors

• No need for an adaptor block now as I just bought this little beauty
    of ebay.usa for £140 delivered :D :D :D

Ummed and arghed about it, then watched some 323 turbo vids on
    youtube wich swung it for me :lol: 8)

IHI VJ-11 off a Ford probe! Just needs a slight mod to the wastegate actuator
    bracket to fit supposedly.

• Turbo turned up today! no shaft play wich is great for a Turbo
    on 90K ish miles.

Next up to get will be 330cc 3SGE MR2 injectors…

• damn man everyones going all turbo. i still think though now my green ze off the road after the rebuild i wanna go the sc route just to be super cool and sexy heh

• Nice. Looking forward to seeing this! Plenty of smashed mr2s about to get those :lol:

• Cheers! I'll hopefully end up using an MR2 intercooler aswell like on my last build :D

• gave the turbo a bit of clean up and checked it fitted the mani :o

• i dont suppose u upratedthe engine mounts for the turbo setup?? i got some mazda speed engine mounts from corksport when i had the red 1.6 but never put em on. they just lying in my bedroom. if u want em. i paid like 250-300 wityh shipping but would sell em for like £100 if u interested. ill take some pics and send em to ya if you interested.

• Hhmm tricky, last turbo conversion I did, I uprated the lower mount only
    because it was a heavier iron lump, did make it a little more noisy though.
    So personally for me I wouldnt want to uprate them all, cheers though ;)

• Alright been thinking about how to do the intercooler and boost pipes recently. The plan is, use an MR2 intercooler wich the inlet/outlet will go
    underneath the front cross-member.

Can spin the outlet of the turbo so it faces down to make a really short tract using 40mm and 50mm I.D. rubber hoses ( 40mm off the turbo and 50mm on the intercooler)

Got some 50mm alloy pipe wich Im going to spin down to make some swaged reducers to 40mm, all pipe work will be black to look as factory as possible
    :D

been looking on mx3.com and found theres a place on the side of the block thats bunged with a grub srcew that I can use as the oil feed (1/8) so im going the make up a solid pipe to the turbo, i have a 323 sump wich has an oil return union already there.

Going for a pair of these :
    http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/modular-hose-connectors-481-c.asp
    to 't' into the top and bottom rad hoses for turbo coolant supply and return.

other issues i can see are the EGR pipe being removed and plugged and
    maybe extending the wires for the lambda probe and a flexi join from the turbo to the standard exhaust.
    … and then onto what management.

• my misses would go mental if i made all those marks on the wall and left a dirty manifold on a nice cream carpet!! :D

looking good tho. 8)

I would re consider engine mounts. They do make alot of difference, but then depends on how much power your looking for really.

Ive got the v6 corksport mazdaspeed ones and think they are pukka. Tommy d how used to be on here ( mx3 been broken into parts now ) didnt replace engine mounts and tore through two sets of driveshafts and started to wear out gearbox also. Im sure the old engine mounts didnt help with the engine thrusting, having a negative effect on other components.

• lol so would mine if i did that in the lounge, luckily its in the hallway/garage of mine,
    still brand new carpet but it was an offcut from the bedroom so it doenst matter if i fuck it up… wich i have done :D

• flew straight through the MOT today

woop woop :D :D :D

• congrats fella…

very nice looking 3 you have there too...

• @143290cd13=youdirtyfox:

gave the turbo a bit of clean up and checked it fitted the mani :o

Ssssooooooo JEALOUS :P

• hehe you wont be when you see me struggling underneath the car
    trying to fit up the intercooler and exhaust downpipe,lol

heres the pair of supra boost hose I got down the breakers for about a fiver!

and these are the bling alu reducer pipes i had made at work!

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB