Marco's Black Beast aka 'Sooty'

• Loving the flaming exhaust very F&F. 8)

• Nice pictures, looking real nice :D

I have some Mr Sheen here for the dashboard if you need any :lol:

• THanks mechanic :) Call me torreto… :lol:

DJ... you cheeky :x haha that dust is pretty bad, and thanks :)

• Well hasn't my engine just gone to sh**

-mega blow by, oil escaping anywhere it can
    -head gasket starting to fail and weeping out rear bank

So I have another KLDE bought, haven't decided to build it up with forged bits or not. Really need to make some decisions on what I want to do.

In the meantime, I've been working on my latest engineering project:

Heavily inspired by clairetoo and leo323 :)

• Throttle bodies FTW!! Is that on a KLDE?? More info please!! :wink:

• haha well that's on my old k8 atm, I just use it for prototyping on as it's largely the same. What would you like to know?

• marco, im starting to hate you lol, is there nothing you wont try or have on a mx, all that is left now is to slap a turbocharger on there !!.
    I have been seriously considering throttle bodie conversion but i want to know power estimates before hand as if i did anything to ze id want min 250bhp for all the hard work. Claire got 206bhp out of the de engine, so there is a bit of hope for good gains on a ze. And an 11 sec 323 is not to be sniffed at either !!.
    As always loving the work, keep it up !

• I wish I had the knowledge to go that far with my car.
    I do have a camera that takes photos into the future and took this of sooty in 2015, loving the work :D

• @5447cfb332=djmarcopolo:

I wish I had the knowledge to go that far with my car.
    I do have a camera that takes photos into the future and took this of sooty in 2015, loving the work :D

Hubba Hubba Hubba

• Gotta love those ITB's :o

• The last V8Interceptor.

• @29472a33d5=Garfy1981:

marco, im starting to hate you lol, is there nothing you wont try or have on a mx, all that is left now is to slap a turbocharger on there !!.
    I have been seriously considering throttle bodie conversion but i want to know power estimates before hand as if i did anything to ze id want min 250bhp for all the hard work. Claire got 206bhp out of the de engine, so there is a bit of hope for good gains on a ze. And an 11 sec 323 is not to be sniffed at either !!.
    As always loving the work, keep it up !

lol… Well I shall also be running a DE engine, I'm stilling deciding what comp ratio to run with my ZE dying. 250bhp I think would require some high lift cams, and maybe some higher comp pistons. I'll be probably port out the DE heads before so I'll see where that takes it with kl31 cams.

@29472a33d5=djmarcopolo:

haha weapon! Hefty blower on that thing.
    I just read about it and then try it! Just go for it!

• @f9068729d5=djmarcopolo:

sorry to hi jack but o i love this car did you now the actural car name for the intecepter is a Ford Falcon XB Coupe, V8 351 just a bit of usless info

i wish i had your brain marco lol it would help alot with my drag car project lol great work so far

• @b0622310da=jay:

@b0622310da=djmarcopolo:

sorry to hi jack but o i love this car did you now the actural car name for the intecepter is a Ford Falcon XB Coupe, V8 351 just a bit of usless info

i wish i had your brain marco lol it would help alot with my drag car project lol great work so far

Yeah, I can't find one for sale in teh UK….. I want to move to the states tbh.

• Well… here we go! First ITB video, the sound is insane! Going to take some tuning, running very high revs as I didn't even have them torqued down properly and all out of sync. But hey, you get the idea ;)

They have been removed already, couldn't risk it with work tomorrow! Can't wait to have a proper play with them :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvXC04t9wRo

• @b7573e37e3=Marco:

Well… here we go! First ITB video, the sound is insane! Going to take some tuning, running very high revs as I didn't even have them torqued down properly and all out of sync. But hey, you get the idea ;)

They have been removed already, couldn't risk it with work tomorrow! Can't wait to have a proper play with them :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvXC04t9wRo

:shock: what can you say? I likey a lot, I want ITB's on mine now.

• Thanks sir stalker!

Today I decided to install my Jspec KL31 cams again after getting a replacement rear cam for the one that broke in half last year.

Whilst I was at it I gave the head bolts another 20-30 degrees on the leaky rear head. I don't know if it will make much difference, but really nothing to lose.

I also noticed the timing belt was completely slack between the two cams and super tight at the crank. Think I must have skipped a tooth at some stage! Will be nice to get some free power by being in time :)

I'll be finishing this off tomorrow hopefully. I'm hoping to go to a dyno day on the 22nd, so I thought I should get the higher lift cams in. I'll probably just be going NA with the VRIS gutted millenia manifold. I'd like to know where I am before ITBs or SC on the rollers.

• wicked, would be good to know what a good tune can do over a KL ecu.

Keep us posted!

• thanks dude :) Not as much as yours, but yours is the highest I've ever heard of :lol: I reckon you'd surpass 200whp with MS at your dyno :)

Contributing mods:
    KLZE
    KL31 cams
    Gutted millenia manifold
    Megasquirt (not particularly tuned)
    Fidanza
    SS ebay headers
    2.25" exhaust
    Mild porting
    Coilpacks

On the negative:
    A bit too lean
    Heads were over skimmed - Adj cam pulleys off atm
    2.25" crush bent exhaust perhaps
    head gasket has been leaking (now blown)
    Untuned MS…

185 WHP @6200
    203 HP
    176 lbft

Really I just wanted a bench mark before I return to the throttle bodies, supercharger or at some point turbo. It was a dastek dyno. To relate it to other dynos here are some other cars from the same day:
    S2000 - 214WHP 160lbft
    EK9 Type R - 175 BHP
    New shape civic type R - 211BHP 145lbft

So thrashed the hondas on torque and held up fine for the hp.

I reckon an actual tune and some minor fixes would see 200WHP on this, but really not that bothered when there's more fun power to be had :D

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB