Marco's Black Beast aka 'Sooty'

• are you going to install a dummy throttle, thats got pull me over writting all over it to the police lol

• Holy **** awesome machine love it!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

1. :wink:

• Thanks guys :)

Dave, dummy throttle as in one on the SC to reduce noise? Maybe, but not a priority at the moment. If I didn't have the clutch, for sure, but most of the time I have the SC off for cruising about. If the clutch doesn't hold up with the overdrive pulley I'll look into it. Haven't got pulled yet :| Probably will after writing this :lol:

• @2d1001b113=Marco:

Thanks guys :)

Dave, dummy throttle as in one on the SC to reduce noise? Maybe, but not a priority at the moment. If I didn't have the clutch, for sure, but most of the time I have the SC off for cruising about. If the clutch doesn't hold up with the overdrive pulley I'll look into it. Haven't got pulled yet :| Probably will after writing this :lol:

Sorry for being completly stupid here but u can choose when to run the SC or not? or do u just mean when u have it on the car and off lol

• Yep the m62 supercharger pulley has an electronically controlled clutch. I have mine wired into my front fog light circuitry, as I no longer have fogs and it provided a convenient fused switch. You can see in the video that I have to have my sidelights on to run the SC. So I can go back to stealth with the flick of a switch :)

In it's original car (SLK) I think mercedes have it programmed to only turn on the clutch when you are at wide open throttle or near enough.

• that is awsome lol

so does megasquirt have the option to memorise differnt settings, surely u dont use the same map when its off?

This is all new to me and very intreged :D !

• That's a common misconception that I had myself before I had MS. It uses the same map, but a different part of the map. When you boost it uses the top end of the map/fuel table, so a map for a boosted car just covers a greater range of kPa (measurement of Manifold Absolute Pressure).

• Did you have any problems with finding mounting places for the Charger? I am hoping to acquire an Eaton M45 within a few weeks for mine. Seeing it done (all be it on a bigger engine) has given me more confidence in getting my car charged.

• Thats good to know marco cheers, when my plans start to unfold are you ok with taking time with me to help with MS? I know there lots of info out there but with urself its all on the MX3 wont be for a wee while though

• The biggest problem is the oil filter housing. I bought a second hand (but unused) MBX oil relocation kit. Essentially it is:
    -an aluminium plate shaped like the oil filter housing with 2 threaded holes
    -2x braided oil lines
    -a generic oil filter housing

So now my oil filter is mounted remotely. Aside from that, making a bracket for the SC to go on the AC spot was pretty easy :)

I'm sure I can dig out some pics for you later.

• @5de8134cba=Marco:

The biggest problem is the oil filter housing. I bought a second hand (but unused) MBX oil relocation kit. Essentially it is:
    -an aluminium plate shaped like the oil filter housing with 2 threaded holes
    -2x braided oil lines
    -a generic oil filter housing

So now my oil filter is mounted remotely. Aside from that, making a bracket for the SC to go on the AC spot was pretty easy :)

I'm sure I can dig out some pics for you later.

If I remember rightly the M45 has a built in oil chamber.

• You're correct, the m45 and m62 do not require an external oil feed. The oil lines are for the engine's oil filter, not the supercharger. You know the housing on which you screw on the oil filter? That is the part that must be relocated, hence the oil relocation kit. Otherwise your oil filter will interfere with the supercharger, unless the m45 is significantly smaller than the m62.

• Yes the M45 is quite a lot smaller but I see what you mean now. Yes it will need a relocated oil filter, my biggest concern, however, goes with the placement. On the 4 cylinder, the placement of the driving pulleys seem to leave little space for anything else let alone a charger, I feel there may have to be a lot of re jigging involved :?

Whilst I'm on the subject. Did you change the pistons? I've been advised to get some with a lower rate of compression to make it work properly…

• @00e2fd4fb5=nightstalker:

Yes the M45 is quite a lot smaller but I see what you mean now. Yes it will need a relocated oil filter, my biggest concern, however, goes with the placement. On the 4 cylinder, the placement of the driving pulleys seem to leave little space for anything else let alone a charger, I feel there may have to be a lot of re jigging involved :?

Whilst I'm on the subject. Did you change the pistons? I've been advised to get some with a lower rate of compression to make it work properly…

Hmm couldn't comment on the Bseries, never had one. I'd imagine there to be more room! Nope I'm still on 10:1 ZE pistons! Just means I've less room for fk ups!

New video of some drive bys:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnwG-0zzJNY

• Simply awesome :D

• Thanks dude :)

Just finished my first full tank since the supercharger. It included a round trip to Dublin to see Blink182.

300 miles for the tank
    40 litres used
    34.1 mpg

:D Still running a bit rich cruising too! 35+ here we come…

• Very impressive, im sure mines about 20 lol

• filter needs to be moved for the 45 as well

• Not much going on atm! So here's some photos. New gauge pod in.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB