Marco's Black Beast aka 'Sooty'

• New valve cover :D with no stupid metal pipe at the front for crankcase ventilation, all in my quest for less stupid crap in the engine bay!

I'm also on the straight neck for a while, just experimenting :) Should have some more interesting updates in the coming weeks ;)

• what charger is that?

• @3a6f2894ed=Marco:

New valve cover :D with no stupid metal pipe at the front for crankcase ventilation, all in my quest for less stupid crap in the engine bay!

Would that be the stupid bit im currently sorting on mine "filter behind tb" that goes to both banks as some kind of breather. I can remove it then?

• @67e9993889=robx1r:

what charger is that?

M62 Eaton - from an SLK merc.

@67e9993889=barrywhite21:

Would that be the stupid bit im currently sorting on mine "filter behind tb" that goes to both banks as some kind of breather. I can remove it then?

Well your issue is you have a breather instead of going back into the accordian.

Standard:

Mine:

Not my finest work :lol:

• Marco and Garfy you are F**KING leg ends im gonna sort that out asap. Ive got a good feeling this is what the idle problem is all about. :D :o :D :o :D

• @ea9021a4eb=barrywhite21:

Marco and Garfy you are F**KING leg ends im gonna sort that out asap. Ive got a good feeling this is what the idle problem is all about. :D :o :D :o :D

Thank you for the picture marco shows perfectly what needs to be done!

Hope we do see you at Japfest, i wanna see the black beast! :wink:

• Nice motor mate!! Keep up the good work!!

• Without ruining Marcos nice worklog! Djmarco this is currently what Barry set up is. A oil catch tank and breather filter. But we think his dodgy idle could be. Caused by this. I think your better off fitting oil catch tank and using an in line filter after the pcv valve as marco has done. Usually used on air lines to catch any oil.

Looking good marco. Are you using the straight neck because you've altered/ removed the vris system for forced induction?

• ok i want some info of your car pc
    im thinking about it now

• Sorry guys had to clean up all that crap. If you wanna start a car PC thread James go for it, or I'll just speak to you on msn :)

Thanks for all the great feedback!

• @f598553e07=Marco:

Sorry guys had to clean up all that crap. If you wanna start a car PC thread James go for it, or I'll just speak to you on msn :)

Thanks for all the great feedback!

Start a thread please im interested :D

• So FINALLY tried out my big brake test!

Here's the setup:
    323F/lantis V6 spindles
    MX-3 wheel bearings
    MX-3 Hubs
    Xedos 9/Millenia Brake Brackets
    Xedos 9/Millenia two pot calipers
    EBC Ultimax for Xedos9/Millenia
    MX-3 drilled and grooved discs

I followed the guide on club protege by dav0r. Required a bit of extra grinding to clear my alloys around the 'guard' bit of the carrier.

The pads are condsiderably bigger than the mx3s, and dig into about an extra 8mm of the brake disc. As for the braking performace HOLY SHAT! They'd put you through the windscreen already! Not even bedded in yet. I'll update this after a while to let you all know how they work out over time. Only thing I wish this setup would allow a bigger brake disc!

• oooooo looking nice i like

• Wow!!
    Looking very very nice. :)

• very nice marco!, you must be working on your mx full time with all the work your upto!.

Hows the blower coming along?.

Oh the rx7 calipers have the same problem with clearance. Been there tried that one!.
    Id put a link down for the 323 guide, you know its only a matter of time before someone asks :D

• That looks like a great upgrade. Gonna keep the calipers silver?

• Very nice upgrade. +++

• Teaser of what's to come! Hopefully tomorrow lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grH25BjX0pk

• nice one marco what power u expecting?

• @d7ca0b8830=Marco:

Teaser of what's to come! Hopefully tomorrow lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grH25BjX0pk

Beast. :shock:

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB