Robx1r - My second 3!!!!!!

• you would think that, but if you followed the thread i do not have a restrictive vaf/maf in my way and it will also have a better map than whats availble than a standard ecu so even without touching the internals of the engine (too late now) it would of certinally being over the 200hp mark.

the system i'm using is not for longevity its for performance and performance alone. from the polished intake to the ported and polished heads, the 3-2-1 manifolds, the lightend crank and flywheel. lighter and lower compression pistons, strengthed liners and bored out to 82mm. this engine only has to survive 6 rounds of time attack and anything after that is a big bonus.

i'm hoping when its fully mapped and race ready(on pump petrol) it'll be around the 250hp with around 270lbft

• ah my bad :) lol

• ahhh i get what u mean now ;) I thought u were stating that the type R and klze is the same power from start, if u can find a type r they were very common for there lsd box dont think ive came across 1 that didnt have a lsd fitted

good way to check is if u jack it up spin 1 wheel the other should go the oposite way or wheel spin and look for 2 smoke clouds :lol:

• Looking forward to this rob! How were the liners strengthened?

Dave, an open diff goes opposite ways ;) LSD both wheels go same direction.

• as i said it is out of a type r so alls good

i'll be going with some darton liners to keep it nice and strong

• ok been looking into increasing the displacement and for maximum gains it means a stroker kit, anyone want to fathom how much a custom made crankshaft is? i can get a dog cut gear set for similar money.

i might just go larger pistons for now and get the liner's and block stabilizers, to be honest its still going to be plenty quick

myself and my cage builder are scrathing our heads on the design as to keep it legal and weight balnce, the arse is very light on the car,
    it was interestin to drive it in my version of road trim (everything from the back of the seats was gone) if i came into a roundabout ant anything over 35kph in the wet i was instantly transformed into a drifter.

myself and a mate are making up the water pipes to go from the engine bay to the boot. in between making lightbars and rocksliders for our jeeps,

does anyone have ideas on the paint scheme i would like red and black but dunno of layout etc,

• wow its been a while have the car now with me so i can get loads of work done heres piccies.

right piccies of the kf being stripped, i'm probaly going to have to get some 80mm pistons made up to fit and then re bore and re sleeve and use the 2.5 klze rods to give me near the 2.9/3.0 displacement and get the crank shaft lightend and ballanced, polish up the ports and strengthen up the valve train.
    anyway now the piccies of dissasembly

well as i've bits of the kf off i thought it would be wise to check out the oil pump (plus you get a better idea of how something works when you pull it apart!)

I've also started to strip down the oe loom i'm genuinely surprised at the about of seperate cables mazda used to do the same job!! also working in a garage attaced to the house space is at a premium so i thought now is a good time to take the sunroof out, christ i knew the would weigh a bit but this was heavier than i thought it could be!

the complete sunroof and some of the wiring i've taken out

Just some of the wiring that has been removed

now i'm a slight bit worried about the trigger wheel and how its going to mount the teeth dont protrude too far from the pully, is this ok or will it cause problems,

• i thought i updated this already

as i said chrisNW helped me out big time,with an underdrive pully that will allow me to get my trigger wheel mounted,
    i've skinned the doors and bonnet,
    ripped all the wiring out and i've started afresh.
    power steering is half out because its in a poxy location.
    abs motor is on its way out too! again poxy location.
    indicators are now being ran off 2 buttons mounted on the steering wheel.
    wipers are on a 3 gang switch
    egr is gone from the 1.8

• 3 month update!!!!
    i've scrapped the 1.8 and the 2.0 and now have a DE,
    and an underdrive pully Thank you kindly

filled my engine mounts with tec7

broke a drive shaft cv

took a wire brush to the engine bay

cleaned and lowered my coilovers

the doors are off being redone in fiberglass

and finished my dassh lol

• looking great

• well i've been waiting for ages for head studs to arrive had everything all bolted down. and snapped a cam cap bolt on the rear head so that has to come off again and sent to get that taken out!.

my polycarb rear window arrived! this was part of a group buy that had started in 2009!

piccies

where i'm pointing to is where the cold knife couldnt cut because of the mounting tabs hence the other knife (it might look useless but this increadably sharp)

once the window is out cut all the old glue off

just mocking it up for now i know i could of cleaning the frame a bit but i'm debating on making up a mould for it

I finally took the head off that i snapped a cam cap bolt in. now to bring it down and hopefully get it removed.

getting there €20 tin of hammerite and a brush i dont care too much about runs etc its a track car

fair bit of lock on it

• Let me know when you want to make a mould of that hatch garnish. Doubt I'll be fitting it over the Winter.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB