Project: Gray Death.

• The little pipe aside the rad bottom hose, does it go into/come out of front cylinder head?
    It looks like its heading towards rad top or header tank/swirl pot? Is it a coolant circuit leading to one of these to prevent air locks around the front cylinder head??

Or is it a water to oil cooler feed/return as on K8 (near oil filter) but routed a different way around engine?

Again, above is all speculation as I'm a KLZE virgin :shock:

kev b.

• @1b515eeceb=djmarcopolo:

Little one on top of throttle body goes to purge solenoid then charcoal filter
    see thin green pipe in pic

Been told that before, then they saw that the 'little' nipple on the TB is 4x the size of the input on the purge.. so I need to step down the pipe from around 8mm to 2mm.

@1b515eeceb=djmarcopolo:

then front rocker goes to the upward vacuum pipe on inlet at rear - see black pipe

So where everyone else is saying to run the Brakebooster to?

@1b515eeceb=djmarcopolo:

4 master cylinder / brake servo at rear with pipe to inlet

The one that now shares a nipple with both the Brakebooster, and the pipe from the front rocker cover? So I need another 't' section.

@1b515eeceb=djmarcopolo:

6 that connector is the one that my black pipe runs to from front rocker :)

I'll assume you mean the pipe that goes from the front and rear rockers, to the T then the 3rd goes to the air intake.

This is entirety my point.

Everyone I speak to offers a new and unique way to wire this fucking thing up.

Fuck it, been offered a 323 for less then £300. Screw thing thing, I'm done. Maybe one day, two people who have done this will agree on how it goes back together.

• Oh just another pointer fella, (largish one!)

rather than fit a small filter to the 'T' piece I would purchase an oil catch tank as djmarcopolo's, as some tanks have a filter attached anyway it will keep engine bay cleaner and add interest?. :D

Often overlooked is the fact that if you just connect a 'T' piece and add a filter to the two cam cover breathers (front and rear) and also have your PCV still connected to the TB AFTER the throttle valve, you are actually opening your plenum chamber to atmoshere at idle and part throttle openings via the front cam covers, two connections!!!!

This will cause erratic idling speeds and fueling issues as there will be unmetered air entering the engine.

Better to connect the PCV to a catchtank and block off the connection at the throttle body, then any cylinder blow by gases from crank case will make their way to your catch tank via 3 routes and your engine vacuum will be unaffected resulting in a smoother, cleaner more responsive V6!!! :P

You could actually remove the PCV altogether and plug up the top hole in the front cam cover!! still remembering to block it off at the TB also.

PS Catch tanks need checking and emptying on a regular basis! especially in cold weather!! :(

Hope this helps in some way WHEN you get it running

kev b.

• @f3ac464d6d=blackmexyv6:

Hope this helps in some way WHEN you get it running

Thanks but nope.

My interest in this is gone now, it's been going for months but I never really let it get to me.

The last few weeks, I've had almost 10 people tell me 10 different ways on how to connect some pipes… Doesn't fill me with confidence, hope or joy and I can live without it sitting in the car park rusting away.

And besides, I can strip it, almost as fast as two people can disagree on what goes where. :rimshot:

• SHAME!! but "you are your own boss"… "pastures new" and all that :)

Good luck with ya 323 venture ?

kev b.

• Thanks Kev,

This was my third MX3.. Won't be getting another now, time to move on.

• If my car was on the road I would come up and sort it out, I will get to the garage tomorrow and look at your issues and photo them

You are 99% there so why give up now

A lot of your advice has been from USA and the LHD versions hav different piping system due to the brake servo being on the other side

• Is it just vaccum & electrical connection issues that are stopping it from completion or do you have other items to finish ?.
    Is the dash swap all done and ready?.
    As dj said I would drive up but my tax has expired and I'm working 7 days a week until December now :(
    Plus your bloody miles away lol!.
    I only get 500 miles a year on the insurance :(

• Sorry for the tantrum guys… this thing just pisses me off at times.

@f877c89227=Garfy1981:

Is it just vaccum & electrical connection issues that are stopping it from completion or do you have other items to finish ?.

Mainly.

A few other small things,

1 - Work out the wiring setup for the 4 pin 02 sensors.
    2 - Refit exhaust. (need to chop some off)
    3 - Weld the drivers side sill
    4 - Fit the Airbag Steering wheel
    5 - Add coolant.
    6 - Look at the drivers side drive shaft, Can't find anything to lock it in with, so it's just pushed in…

@f877c89227=Garfy1981:

Is the dash swap all done and ready?.

Dash is 99% done.

Rewire the hazard light switch. (currently disabled)
    Swap the HAVC panel for one with AC button. (Yes mine has it)

That's it. The first and only (that we know of) UK shell with the import dash style.

Fooking proud of that tbh.

Other then that, it's in the shop for some exhaust goodness and a terraclean.

Look gents, I appreciate the offers driving up here to help and yeah, you could help but if I'd feel way to bad for anyone to do that, so please don't.

Skype video calls are just as good if ya use the service and ya willing.

• Just a suggestion lori, if you are doing exhaust by a stainless kit and do the modding to the center pipe, much easier and a massive difference in power.
    If you are welding sills then do the center pipe at the same time ( mig welders will weld stainless pipes together )

The drive shaft should have a little circlip that goes n the groove on the end, I had a missin one and went to vauxhall and got a vectra one in mine as thy cost a few pence each and were on the shelf

O2 sensors I think only have 3 wires into a 4 pin block white black & blue

and for being pissed off, try rebuilding an engine fitting it and finding the £3 oil seal behind the flywheel leaks, thats annoying and just another thing to deal with in modifying. If it was easy putting an mx6 engine into an mx3, halfords would sell the kits for £5000, its not modifying of sorts just time eating and dealing with every issue you can think of if that the haynes manual doesnt cover lol

• @0786dea913=djmarcopolo:

Just a suggestion lori, if you are doing exhaust by a stainless kit and do the modding to the center pipe, much easier and a massive difference in power.
    If you are welding sills then do the center pipe at the same time ( mig welders will weld stainless pipes together )

The drive shaft should have a little circlip that goes n the groove on the end, I had a missin one and went to vauxhall and got a vectra one in mine as thy cost a few pence each and were on the shelf

O2 sensors I think only have 3 wires into a 4 pin block white black & blue

and for being pissed off, try rebuilding an engine fitting it and finding the £3 oil seal behind the flywheel leaks, thats annoying and just another thing to deal with in modifying. If it was easy putting an mx6 engine into an mx3, halfords would sell the kits for £5000, its not modifying of sorts just time eating and dealing with every issue you can think of if that the haynes manual doesnt cover lol

Got the ebay set :) I'm using a cat-less center pipe so need the cat adding in.

My 02's are 4 wire, 2 white, 2 black.
    Will take a look at the drive shaft, couldn't feel anything on the end to hold it in thou.

Yeah, that would frack me off, this whole thing has been fun but I gotta be honest, I won't be doing it again. You got more desire then me to do that bud. Respect.

• Stick at it Lori, because if you do and when you finish it, when you drive it you'll be glad you did! :lol:

• @4fd39e8e45=mx3gulf:

Stick at it Lori, because if you do and when you finish it, when you drive it you'll be glad you did! :lol:

This!

• Picked up a mint Mazdaspeed spoiler with baseplate this morning.

And the delivery of 2xslim line fans, an oil catch can should be going in tomorrow.

• Good to hear you are back at it Lori!

• It might piss me off from time to time bud, but hell.. I want this fucker finished.

PM me your address bud.

• Maybe just get it driveable & legal at first, as there is no such thing as finished in the car modding world :lol: :P

• It will be drivable before Christmas, won't be legal (nor see a road I should add) till afterwards.
    Most of the parts (except the MS spoiler) are replacement parts for ones that are broken or easier to fit with it in it's current state.

The MS spoiler was £50.. couldn't pass that up.

• Sounds positive Bro. Nice score on that MS piece too!

• 50 quid? Mother of God, some bargain!

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB