Dans KL SE project

• YGM

• ok i am toying with the idea now of having my car sprayed the same/similar colour as my old alfa. anyone have any thoughts on that? how easy is it to change the colour on the logbook?

• I thought you really wanted a white one :?

• Its easy to do on the logbook, not so easy to do on the car lol

Think eggshell blue might not work on it, look at the new mazda range and pick a colour lol, I quite fancy seeing one in british racing green with gold wheels :wink:

• I did but if i had a choice of any colour would i pick white? probably not, out of the MX3's I think it is one of the best colours available but out of all the colours out there….. I really wanted an SE which it is.

never been a fan of british racing green really apart from on the old jags. a few of 5's look good in it but like you said about the blue, i dont know if it would suit a 3. I want to do something very different to make it stand out in the crowds

• stay OEM and go for the limited edition raspberry red from canada or dark blue

If not £900 and have the whole car vinyl wrapped proffesionally with any pattern or colour you like
    :D

• I always thought Rover Volcano Orange (Paint code EAC) would look awesome on an MX-3:

• do love that blue one lol bit like mine but a tad darker

• like this for yours dan

• lol i wish i could afford for a paint job like that. I do quite like that rover orange mind you. the blue is lush as well. sooo many to choose from isnt there. I would love a met paint

• Ok, I decided to make a start on one of the wheels today and thought i would keep you all posted. the rim and dish still need another good sand down but i have sprayed the faces up. Here is some before, during and after pics. hope you like :mrgreen:

when i picked them up they looked like this

defo Rays alloys ;)

shocking dish

Sanded and masked

Primered up

:twisted:

pre lacquer

Post lacquer with mazdaspeed in red (i fucked it up a bit but hey hoo)

as you can see the dish need to be sanded down alot more and polished up but they will be on before the show next weekend weather thats done or not lol.

Let me know your thoughts

• also thinking i may spray the rays centre caps up gloss to match the wheels but thats a 5 min job. dont know if the "chrome" plastic goes with the gloss black alloys

• Oh man, great job on the wheels! If you're gonne change the colour of the car, I'd be very tempted to go for that blue posted above and paint the MS logo on the wheel blue too if I were you!

• I was temped to do it in met blue but the red just stood out a bit more on the shelf lol. Thanks, I aint no sprayer by any means but my god its fun when it goes right :twisted:

• oh I almost forgot, i picked up this little beayt for a fiver at my local scrappy. might be too big to go on. what do you think? I think its a 5" slash cut powerflow backbox ;) could do with a good scrub up

• 2 down, 2 to go. getting a bit high now so i think i will leave the other 2 for tomorrow pmsl. some serious fumes on that lacquer!

• nice. liking the colour scheme.

• thanks bud, i just checked out your log, didnt realise someone else had done black and red already lol. yours is coming along nicely :)

• Into them mate, goona rock :D

• I hope so mate, they are taking me long enough to paint up :lol: will try to finish the other 2 up tonight and the re lacquer them all again. I have put 3 coats on so far but think i will put another one or two coats on. will try and get that exhaust on this week too ;)

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB