Dans KL SE project

• lol no thanks haha. i think the mazda looks like a baby DB7. well mine looks like a shed but most of yours look like that pmsl

• its back firing on 6 :D thanks so much DJ really appreciate it. the oil has yet to return to the spark plug wells as well. does anyone think the gasket may not have gone after all?

• Get an mx-6 driveshaft they fit better than the probe or 626 ones, just had mine replaced.

• Perhaps your intermittent spark may have caused some pressure build up when it finally did spark, so maybe your PCV got overloaded and shoved oil past the gasket… Or it just hasn't built up again yet ;) If it's manageable and you're DEing soon then hey leave it!

• @156f70e0b2=barrywhite21:

Get an mx-6 driveshaft they fit better than the probe or 626 ones, just had mine replaced.

thanks bud, may look into buying a whole 6 in that case. i found one for £400 but no tax and no logbook (apparently the old owner stitched him on it?) would mean a risky drive home lol.

yeah its manageable mate, if it doesnt come back then great. it may have had the oil in there since i bought the car, i didnt check the wells. and me driving at silly speed on the way home may have overheated that oil causing the HT lead plug to split. i dont think its been driven at more than 60mph in the last 10 years lol

• ok ordered some lovely shiny new paint cans today, colour matched to the UF paint on the vehicle. will be picking them up on tuesday at a small cost of £30 for 2 400ml tins!!! just gotta hope its enough to do the rear bumper, front splitter and the middle section of the boot…... time will tell lol

• @13e9084f4a=daniel:

ok ordered some lovely shiny new paint cans today, colour matched to the UF paint on the vehicle. will be picking them up on tuesday at a small cost of £30 for 2 400ml tins!!! just gotta hope its enough to do the rear bumper, front splitter and the middle section of the boot…... time will tell lol

Said it before and will say again, rattle cans are shit! Rant over, shame I live on the Isle of Wight, could help out a few people on here with their bodywork, if they were more local! :roll:

Whites the easiest colour to repair bodywork wise, good luck! :wink:

• yeah i have a feeling it will be shit but it will look a damn site better without the brush marks in it :lol: I will try anything once, its only temp anyway as i am hoping to have a full respray at some point. dont know what colour yet though

• apparently there has been a "problem" with the paint so i guess it wont be getting sprayed any time soon. can anyone recommend a good match for clear white?

• Tippex :lol: :lol:

Wow £30 for 2 400ml tins, thats the same price as 500ml of genuine paint from my local supplier and hardener and a cheapo ebay spray gun :wink:

• not try halfrauds? 400ml celly for £13.99 IIRC.

• Is there not a automotive paint supplier near you? Drive your car there and they will match it for you?

• that was a company called Pat Williams and they are pretty established. they matched the paint but there was some kind of problem with it so i got a refund. halfrauds wont even attempt to match the paint. they asked for the code so i said "UF" and his exact response was "ahh, that is going to be a problem" lol pathetic really isnt it. sometimes i hate living in cornwall. so far from everything

• Its chaste white yes? As that was the colour of my missus's MX5, I might have the code still on a leftover tin of paint will look tomorrow. Can't remember where the paint code is on the car, should be on the vin plate? if you can find out the correct code, I'll be able to get you a rattle can for around £10 a pop + postage, I still hate the bloody things mind!! Wish I could paint car for you, piece of pish to sort white!!

• My paint code is on the plate under the bonnet and on the sticker on the pillar inside the drivers door

• yeah mine is on the vin plate, says paint code is UF which comes up as clear white. i dont think they sell rattlers in that colour unless they are specially mixed. the only thing i found on ebay was some touch up ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAZDA-UF-CLEAR-WHITE-Stone-Chip-Paint-Scratch-kit-/270594865061?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f00b5f7a5 )

let me know if you can get the specefic colour gulfy as i want it to look ok ish lol. how much would you charge to spray and where abouts are you ;)

• Afraid I live on the Isle of Wight, its gonna cost a few quid alone to get over here, then paint cost, my time etc…. I can get specific colours mixed up, I will speak to my paint supplier tomorrow and let you know......

EDIT If you want a decent match send me your petrol flap and I could get a match from that...

• ahh yeah that does complicate things a bit lol. i was hoping to just match it to another jap white but to no avail.
    I have been offered a full respray by a friend for £400 but that is the whole car and a bit much for a min lol. and i havent spoke to him in a couple of years so dont even know if he still does it.

• Full respray for £400 is cheap cheap cheap, if you do go for that in the future just make sure its done properly, like I said I will find out about getting you some rattle cans tomorrow, will pm you as soon as I have some info

• cool mate, please do as i would like to do it before this show lol.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB