Jay mx3's kl-ze drag car project

• yep, id bulk buy with you but ive got a stack of parts i want before i get to that part. :(

• @6413a84c1f=Garfy1981:

yep, id bulk buy with you but ive got a stack of parts i want before i get to that part. :(

me too when i get my rx first thing i got to do is rebuild the engine so i think carbon bonnet will wait for now lol plus this car to finnish

• I've been waiting to see what the lexan rear screen looks like… wow you guys got some really quality ones! We opted for a much cheaper version since we wanted to "do it ourselves" to save some money... Is that black trim around the edges painted on or chemically bonded or something?

• @a5d6a46b4d=Mooneggs:

I've been waiting to see what the lexan rear screen looks like… wow you guys got some really quality ones! We opted for a much cheaper version since we wanted to "do it ourselves" to save some money... Is that black trim around the edges painted on or chemically bonded or something?

the black is on the inside painted i think but the actual screen looks and feels realy well made worth every penny lol

• not much has been done to this for a while ive been waiting for several parts
    but there is good news
    im of to pick up the engine tomorrow with loads of other bits and as long as the parts from america come its all hands on deck to get this beast running for the new year fingers grossed yay :lol:

• WOW you are actually collecting it now, great news :D

• First time looking at this thread. The car looks great (the carbon looked immense!). Best of luck with the engine!

• I had to sell the bonnet which I regret doing now
    its taken a while but yes finaly getting it lol I'm going to run this for a bit until a can get a nice runabout
    Can't wait to see what a ze drives like and even more when the supercharger is on :lol:

• ZE is great you will love having the same performance as a scooby turbo :wink:

The bonnet is a bit of a pain, because all the hot air gets blown straight out the front, the rear of the engine doesnt get any airflow now so its made the car run hotter as all the cold air just goes straight through the rad and then out instead of cooling the whole engine bay, I might be fitting some stainless on the inside to try to keep the cold air in :wink:

• @70656867a4=djmarcopolo:

ZE is great you will love having the same performance as a scooby turbo :wink:

The bonnet is a bit of a pain, because all the hot air gets blown straight out the front, the rear of the engine doesnt get any airflow now so its made the car run hotter as all the cold air just goes straight through the rad and then out instead of cooling the whole engine bay, I might be fitting some stainless on the inside to try to keep the cold air in :wink:

lol you could always sell it back lol

• Great to see this on the move again :D Good luck with it all 8)

• @87dfe8fd0b=youdirtyfox:

Great to see this on the move again :D Good luck with it all 8)

thanks dude we picked it up now just on the return trip lol can't wait to get home and get stuck in

• @a6993fb79c=djmarcopolo:

I've got both and I'll have to disagree there DJ, my scoobys faster than ZE….....

Jay, glad you are finally getting there, you will love the power difference, how you getting on with your RX too?

• The guy let me down with it and I never got it a big shame realy as I was looking forward to get it so its back to the mx again lol

• @bcdf0d2aa0=mx3gulf:

@bcdf0d2aa0=djmarcopolo:

I've got both and I'll have to disagree there DJ, my scoobys faster than ZE….....

Jay, glad you are finally getting there, you will love the power difference, how you getting on with your RX too?

models of same age I should have said :wink:

• i was wondering ive got a klze engine and and some klde heads im looking to get as much power out of it as much as i can without causing damage
    and supercharging in the future
    my question is do i put the de heads on the ze bottem

any advise on which cams, heads or bits like that to use
    if anybody can point me in the right direction it will a great help

thankyou in advance
    also got my gasket set came today :lol: so i can make a start rebuilding the ze
    every step feels a step closer to getting to dive it lol

• I thought it was the other way round, ZE top end DE bottom end if you are going down the supercharger route, as its lower compression ratio

• its ze heads on de bottem end.. lower compression. the de retainers on ze valve train. so the valves dont drop. id get titanium retainers and 3 angled valve seats if you can.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Mini-Cooper-S-JCW-John-Cooper-Works-version-Eaton-Supercharger-M45-/290648868148?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43ac05c534

• im half way through stripping the klze down and i would like to clean all the block and heads so its all cleand and tidy again its not to bad
    dose anyone have any tips on doing this
    should be ready for putting back together at the weekend

thanks all
    :D

• ze, k8 and de come with a 3 angle valve job from factory :)

As Jay said use the DE valves, collets and retainers instead of the ZE intake side. The exhaust springs etc are the same as DE.

In the past I've used gunk, followed by a power hose. When I had the heads skimmed they cleaned them too. Autoglym engine cleaner is also pretty good and less awful to work with. Depends how much you're stripping it what you can use. Need to be careful with bearings and water.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB