Polycarb Rear Window GB 2011\. + Weight reduction discussion

• Yes you will need to be careful, but the guys that are buying pretty much don't use the mx as a daily driver. You will just need to look after it, mooneggs has confirmed that it is not as bad as you d expect and in his opinion it wasn't worth paying the extra for scratch guard.

• ah fair enough then, I was thinking daily driver.

As you were. :)

• so whats the standard weight of an V6 mx3? Is the KLZE heavier than the K8? Also had crappy rover wheels on car as they were the road going tyres I had, they are about twice the weight of standard V6 ones. I thought 1040 was quite a respectable weight to be honest

• Kerb weight of a bone stock, pre-airbag model is supposed to be 1,100kg/2,424lb

• KLZE is like a few kg heavier. Which would probably be completely offset with stainless headers.

• @b73a23536a=Famine:

Kerb weight of a bone stock, pre-airbag model is supposed to be 1,100kg/2,424lb

So 60kg loss with rear seats, door cards, carpet and fog lights removed, thought it would have been a bit more, be interesting to know other members vehicle weights

• well i know the sunroof weighs around 10kg and that a fibreglass door is 20kg lighter than a skinned door minus glass

• BUMP!! Is eveyone ready to group buy?? :wink:

• i now this may be a daft question but do they do side windows too?

• Well they could do mate, but in honesty i had a conversation with mx6 track day champ in dublin and he rekoned the weight saved is little and its very annoying when you winde window and it scratches, unless you went for a fixed window with slide vents.
    I think ££ per weight saved wouldnt make it while, better leaving it til last and spending money on some ultralight wheels or something.

• @ebe75423e0=Garfy1981:

Well they could do mate, but in honesty i had a conversation with mx6 track day champ in dublin and he rekoned the weight saved is little and its very annoying when you winde window and it scratches, unless you went for a fixed window with slide vents.
    I think ££ per weight saved wouldnt make it while, better leaving it til last and spending money on some ultralight wheels or something.

i was thinking of fixed screens and removing all the window motors.
    i think your right ill wait till its all done an then think about it thanks.

• yeah it has crossed my mind too, it would complete its track looks. Could get pretty hot inside tho!.

• @4b773a525f=Garfy1981:

yeah it has crossed my mind too, it would complete its track looks. Could get pretty hot inside tho!.

i would say thats a joy of a sun roof but welded mine in lol

• mine too !! :D

• @7073a2caed=Garfy1981:

Well they could do mate, but in honesty i had a conversation with mx6 track day champ in dublin and he rekoned the weight saved is little and its very annoying when you winde window and it scratches, unless you went for a fixed window with slide vents.

was that pearse?

• could always just buy the polycarbonate sheet and cut it to the profile of window yourself, be an easy peasy job

• Yeah rob, was piers. Was hoping to get over and try out mondello and have meet up but car hasnt moved much in last two years!

• well there is always a room here for ya! i'm about an hour away from mondello, there is a guy goes by the username of houls69 with a 1.6t and there is no better sight than him ripping past a teg r down the straight!

peirse has cut a stupid amount of weight from the car but is running a standard engine and management in the saloon libre class.

i can get fibreglass doors made up for €250 in which the you can save roughly 25kg per gutted door bringing the door with perspex to a total weight of 10-11kg :)

• cheers for that Rob, i like lightened track cars, but I like knowing what it is from the inside, kinda like a GT3 RS. Its stripped but not OTT. Fibreglass doors sound good, ive only ever seen a full fibreglass kit for sale on mx3.com, wings, bonnet, doors and tailgate. It sold almost straight away. Was about 6 years ago tho!.

On side note all those interested have been sent details for deposits/ payments.
    Order to be submitted by end of play next week, if anyone else is interested thats the deadline. Then this thread will be deleted and a how to and detail link created.

:D :D :D

• mx3gulf deposit £100.00 paid.
    Garfy1981 paid in full. £240.00
    Marco deposit £100.00 paid.
    Jay deposit £100 paid.
    Rob deposit £100 paid

The lines are now closed!!.

Ive now got to transfer deposits across to another account which should take couple of days, so i think I may be pushed to get order done by end of this week but latest will be in monday.

Ive also just got to re post the spec being ordered just to confirm everyone is happy. As there are optional extras :D .

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB