Sam's Proper MX-3 - LT Turbo project *Parting out*

• My usual jackin up method involves 1) Driving up onto wooden blocks 2) using OE scissor jack on the sill to raise another 20mm or so 3) Wheeling the trolley jack underneath the front subframe just behind the radiator… Big hassle!

Yes it is Alu and it was around £100 delivered, lowest spot on the jack is 90mm still will have to drive onto the wooden blocks I would imagine, but atleast now I can leave the sill alone.

Aye baffles me why they spend so much money trying to make roads flat then fuk it all with speedbumps. I can luckily go to most places that I need and just park in different spots if I have too...Although the potholes outside work are growing now the buses keeping pounding them... Ohh to have Japans roads!

Will do Pal ta I have a few 'spotters' that walk and work nearby so if anything did happen I would be in shouting distance... that's if they could hear me lol

• New discs and pads fitted to the rear today. Old discs where so seized on I had to heat them up with a blow torch and smash fuck out of them… it was great :D I didn't need the brake winder tool, just used long nose pliers! Which is lucky as the Fella I was suppose to be borrowing one from forgot to bring it work like 5 times!!

Handbrake does not feel that great yet, I'm imagining it's self adjust after a few miles??!!

Got to book a retest for Monday/Tuesday, and once She has passed I will be keeping Her on the road for the forseable future! and have maybe a week or so off work to fit the Tubby.

Already started work on the driver side seat brackets and new seat belt buckle assy, and decided I do after all want to machine the dish of my wheels before painting them Gold...

• That' d look the nuts, Photoshop??? :D
    I wouldnt bother wi tyres fella!! just paint the tyre bead black :rofl:
    Rubber bands or what!!!! :shock:

I know what ya mean about things seizing, wanted to strip both my drive shafts and check/regrease em, thought id struggle wi nuts, no prob wi 100" 1/2" breaker bar!!! then it came to pushing outer from hub, think mine were welded at factory?????, tried every trick I/we/you/they know, Then my father pipes up!! "Make a plastercine dam around spline end, fill with 'plus gas' leave it for about two cups of tea, wipe away excess, refitnut hand tight, back it off ONE full turn and stake it! refit wheel, now bugger off home lad (as I was in my fathers garage as it has an inspection pit) and on way home (about 10 miles B roads, give it some beans and jump on brakes occasonally! take wheel off 'TAP' hub nut in and tell me what ya find?

BOTH! moved in quite freely about 1-2mm or so!!! genius father :o
    unstaked nuts, nipped em up, restaked, then re scheduled another visit 'back home' next friday for easier removal etc.

Yes I have a liking for gold n silver against red its the bizzness, do it!!!! :respect:

That bloke will bring the tool when youve had car on road a month or so!! :shock:

Wish i dare go low like that, trouble is my 46 yr old 'SPINE' has an opinion all of its own! :( (and dictated by shat! south yorkshire roads!!! as mentioned before)

'Superfantastico' job there fella :P kev b.

• Cheers Fella yep photoshop, think I went bit overzealous on the wheel size! Does sit it almost "Hellaflush" (making the tire almost disappear your right!)They look a tad big to me though but the concept of getting the machined alu. look on the rims I'm happy with as I could never quite getting it looking right.

Quality story mate, I shall remember that for doing Hub nuts as a few I have done before have been a real piece of work and it usually take the "two cups of tea method" :D

Going that low is a serious lifestyle choice :? :) 8)

• Passed! On a free retest, will be able to afford road tax now :o
    Got a few advisories: Offside rear anti roll bar linkage has slight play, service brake only just met requirements (New cables? calipers?) Different size tires fitted to front axle then rear and my personal favourite : Front tires very close to bodywork 8)

• Sweet, back on the road. :respect:

• 12 month ticket :P nothing better x congrats :D

I would check sliders on both rear calipers? and take a peek at inner and outer surfaces of rear discs to see if they're in a similar condition? if one side has a 'Dickinson tan'? then a slider has prob seized??
    I know its only an advisory, but if ya leave it, it might bite ya in 12 months time :shock:
    If it does turn out to be sticky sliders, when freed/rectified, de-glaze disc and pad with some 200 grit Wet and Dry/emery cloth

Ill bet ya leaving the 'tyre too close to bodywork' advisory 'WELL' alone??? :rofl: :respect:

kev b.

• Nice! So is it still going off the road? Have you tried adjusting the handbrake at the bolt under the gaiter?

• Ay up Marco, how goes the fix and repair :) ????

• Update just for you :lol:

• It has new rear discs & pads, sliders were all very clean so I just added some more red rubber grease and the handbrake cable under the gaiter is adjusted up to the max.

Just scraped enough together for another 6 months road tax so She is well and truly on the road again. :D

• Been working like a dog since it passed to get these seats and belts fitted! Made the rear brackets yesterday and another lunchtime session today making another set for my side!

Securon 500/15 red belts fitted great, few mods needed to get these to work but not a great amount.

Rear brackets: Outer.

Inner: Creates a captive bolt.

Securon buckle:

• Those belts are really very sexy :shock: Seats looking great!

• Cheers man hows about these then! all in there now. Too mashed from today though to test ride em out….

• Vvvvvery nice seat install fella :) Do they have all the same adjustments as mexy's? Whats the wheel do on 'base cushion' side? Driver only?

• Cheers Bro! Both seats have full tilt on the backs and sliders forward on the whole seat allowing rear passengers to get in but only the drivers side has the seat base adjusting tilt like the mexy via that rotary knob.

• Excellent choice :) What about firmness as apposed to mexy? The most comfortable and adjustable seat I have planted my rear on was in a 94 Honda prelude LSi :P They were black velour so no 'slip slidey abouty' they had manual side bolster and lumber, but electric fore and aft, lift, and tilt, both passenger and driver! They were as I remember quite narrow but incredibly heavy and expensive to repair/replace. I occasionaly put a search in ebay for them but as yet no luck, and of those that do surface they're in the same state as a tramps favourite pair of undercrackers! :shock: Your install appears to be an excellent alternative???? :bigok: kev b.

• Belts are deliciouse too :D how much for pair? rears available?

• I feel the seats offer just the right amount of firmness versus comfortability. The are hugging without being too slim fitting for me> So just about perfect!
    Someone on another forum commented on how they where like sitting in Kate Uptons lap,lol.

A workmate has Honda Civic Type R seats in His Cupra and they are really nice too, but not cheap at all> Like your paying for name almost like Recaro etc.

Seat belts are £85 ish for the front pair, and I would imagine there will be rears available too somewhere on the securon website has they make all sorts of different kind of seatbelts including military stuff, however the rears are going to have to wait till I find some rear celica benches down the breakers to pilfer the material from to recover mine with

• :cheers: for that fella. I will look into front belts first (as mine are so ssssssssssslow to rewind, i normally have to 'ferret' around the rear seat foot well for the buckle? :(

Think the return springs had 'IT', as theres no restriction in the guides etc? strange tho as the relatively unused passenger side is the same?? corroded/rusting clock springs?? :? Might operate on a spare I have, if I 'kill' it, no biggy, Ill at least know what makes em 'tick?' or not in my case! :lol:

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB