Sam's Proper MX-3 - LT Turbo project *Parting out*

• Nahh! not for me Mr fox! :shock: Besides, ya'd have to double, nay tripple! the width of ya rims to fill them foooookers!!! :(

Fandango! and all that! :rofl:

Why not…..........go the easy route and do a longitudinal cut and shut!!!!!! adding a 12" section down the center to everything, body, screen, bumbers, bonnet, roof, hatch, oh........... and ya garage walls by an equal amount! :rofl: (PS ya could still use same wheels too!)

Ya could probably squeeze another seat between ya fronts 'Matra bagheera'(?) stylee.

Nice mock ups tho fella, BOL if ya go ahead :D

kev b.

• Haha yeah you are right I was just looking at 16x10 -108ET Diamond racing wheels to fill them because I just cant help myself and I like finding things on the net!

I met Fandango once in a dream, He told me "Life's too short not to get them big ass bitches"

Funny you should mention longitudinal cut, just been checking out how they widen arches by slicing a nice cut and jointing in new metal, would be a great phat breathing monster of a project to undertake, but how the flip would widen the windscreen?lol man that would take some Pilkington Jedi shit right there!

Cheers Fella
    :D

• Glass could be cut from one of these fancy new coaches or double decker buse screens with similar contours? bet there's a prototyper out there that could/would take it on too? :shock: :D

Next time you meet 'Fandy' in the deserts of Neptune, ask him how he'd do it? :rofl:
    kev b.

• Haha I have found the elusive Meister 'F' He was sitting in a shed smoking a Panama, He said "Go big or go home Son"….. I went home lol (For now)

So a little bit of work done here as I fancied a swanky CF spark plug wire cover but was not prepared to pay the 50-70 quid quoted for a miata jobbie! So it was a bit of a trawl up the interweb to find this extra wide 50mm PVC channel capping that I could use instead, and who'd av thunk the little fighter
    popped right in the gap, proper interference fit!

Although I kinda wanted it sitting outside the gap so I beefed it up a bit with some 10mm quadrant epoxied in place.

Wrapped in 3D CF Vinyl.

Not sure how I am going to bolt this down yet, but this is all part of a larger plan to have a really smooth rocker cover as I have an idea for a unique design I want airbrushed onto it in the future.

• Mighty fine workmanship there sir :D.

I've got a corner in garage devoted to various plates, profiles, panels etc made from different materials.

They're all 'wombled' from skips and bins with the intention of using them on car somewhere??? but rather than use them, I always seem to 'scrounge' another piece/item instead to make the pile even higher! :(

kev b.

• Thanks Man needs a bit of fettling but shes alright for a bit of plastic fab,lol

Ahah another skip skavenger just like myself, you cannot beat a freebie!
    Speaking of garages I am going back to school this December to learn TIG welding and hope to set up a modest machine shop in my Mums old garage
    where my late Father used to inhabit to build bespoke hard wood furniture.

Its going to take some work to convert it from wood work to metal fab. but I plan to use a few of His old turning lathes to spin and polish metal. Fingers crossed I can make a few more things that I have made for my car available for sale (Number plate brackets, rear boot bungs etc and maybe a few 'Foxy' bumpers and splitters)

Done the last few little jobs on the car in prep for the cold season! Wired in a reverse light and fitted the beefier 52 LED indicator bulbs, be safe be seen and all that!

Wheels are being washed and waxed every week now to keep them looking sweet, some tarnish has started setting in on one of them so a little repolish will be needed soon!

• Could you not fix some sprung 'claws' on the underside of the 'plug cover'?
    I'm unsure of what the four pot looks like around the plugs so excuse me if it's not feasible! :?

Yes I'd like to learn TIG too!…...... sounds like the fabricators favorite! :D

Dont the LED indicator bulbs affect flash rate (higher) I fitted some small LED repeaters and it sped up the flashrate somewhat? I then looked into LED flasher relays and inline resistors last year, but didn't go any further with it! :?

Coincidentally on LED's... I've just borrowed some H4 cree headlight LED's from my brothers FTO, but alas.....due to the 'dim dipped' resistor on the MX3's wiring,
    they have a reluctance to work correctly? They are fan cooled and run from a driver, they don't always come on, the fans run really slowly, the drivers get really hot!! and the Main beam function works the other way on the switch? (ie blue tell tale on dash is on when dipped beam used and visa-verse). He wants them back so I'm in two minds to buy my own?????? :?

Yes!….keep a check on those Luuuuuurvly wheels :mrgreen: Were into November aren't we? and our local council, as yet hasn't liberally coated the roads with salt!! :x that's when the trouble will start!!! :shock:

kev b.

• Yeah some sprung claws is around about what I was thinking> That would work, only other solution I can think of is to make some spacer post type things and bolt it to the original two bolts lying dead center along the valve cover itself.

Cannot wait to learn the ins & outs of it all, work want me to get really good a thin gauge stuff so like .6mm upwards. If I can master that then car body work etc should not be a problem, and then there is Plasma cutting hubba hubba!

Flash rate with the LED's almost double yes so I have had to fit load resistor which I found off ebay ready made up with tails ready to put inline, (about 7 quid a pair iirc) think they are pretty common units now as alot of motorbikes want to run 'em.

MMmm CREE sounds really interesting will have do some searches on that as I am not quite sure tbh.

• TIG welding is just the best. I'm no pro but it blows MIG out of the water. Gas prices SUCK though. For spark cover I welded an upside bolt to the valve cover bolt, then could thread on a capped nut on top of the cover.

• I Have tried MIG TIG and Stick just one time of each though and yeah TIG was my favourite. Marco how much do yo reckon ya have to pay for a half decent welder? Not looked at gas prices yet tbh, sounds like I am in for a shock!

Have also been looking for Jobs I can do indoors now so have rigged myself up this drilled powered polishing mop to start mirror polishing the aluminium power steering bottle I made a while ago and a few other bits.

Need to get a stage 1 mop and compound on this first but you get the idea,lol
    Before:

After:

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB