Marco's First Car Project AKA Scarlet / daily driver

• very nice

• thank you gentlemen :D

• Looking really good Marco!

Keep on top of the wax, and the hard work should be done - just top ups from now on. When the rain doesn't bead so much, a quick top up of wax will be all you need.

Great work!

• thanks :D It was long hard work, but totally worth it! Always wondered what all that talk of detailing was about :lol:

• that spoiler's fucking huge :|

• @144b692f92=Welly:

that spoiler's !@"* huge :|

lol looks like a big handle like you could just pick up the mx-3 and take it with you anywhere :D

• Quietly in the background this car was put back on the road as a daily driver october last year. Unfortunately the k8 has been dying.

I was considering swapping in the k8 from the scrap eunos but then my gf asked why don't I put the engine in the garage in it. I explained because it's a 2.5 the insurance company won't like it. However it got me thinking about that idea again… so I phoned up greenlight, they only insure seriously modified cars, they told me they will mirror my black cars NCB onto the red one. This meant I could actually save over £100 on insurance if I ZEd it!

So after a couple of hours on Tuesday night and 30minutes before work on wednesday:

My ZE was taken out because of HG seeping. It got a bit hot one day when it was supercharged due to my rad cap not being tightened properly :evil: It still ran fine but the leaking coolant annoyed me. So now it's getting new HGs:

Hopefully all this isn't too much of a false economy, but it will be fun anyway, one ZE NA and one DETurbo :lol:

Spec as follows:
    KLZE (previously black cars) with same KL31 1A1 heads with interprep springs and KL31 Cams
    SS headers (previously black cars)
    Probinator chipped ECU (previously black cars)
    Stainless 2" catback (previously pedros, bit small but I'm not paying for a new one)
    Straight neck ZE manifold (black car has the millenia curved neck)
    Exedy clutch (ebay)
    KF01 Flywheel (323F v6 flywheel, 1lb heavier than k8, but much better condition, don't even know where it came from!)

So basically a build out of crap I had lying about. Hopefully the ZE rebuild will work out. Time will tell!

• nice work as allways i got a pic very simmaler to that new headgasget

• cheers james, good to see you clock in!

• do you know if never read this worklog for this one !!!. Its good that your be able to compare the ZE to the DE-T neck and neck (ish ) :D . Pm us a update on the rusty eunos im interested on how case went/is going :D

• @d2642959c6=Garfy1981:

Pm us a update on the rusty eunos im interested on how case went/is going :D

same, really interested in what is going on with it. I dont want any parts just wanna know whats happening

• Nice Marco…

You do this stuff like making a sandwich ;) Too easy

• Whats with the wood? u making some diy thermoblock spacers? :P

• Lol no that was a template for individual throttle bodies

Well after a day wasted chasing a fault that didnt exist it's alive! Details to follow…

• That spoiler looks uncannily like a mk4 supra OEM spoiler. I wonder if a supra one would fit?

• heh yea when I first got the car I wanted an mk4 supra, then the wings west "super" style spoiler turned up on ebay. It could be made to fit of course… Never had one in my hand to try though.

Size the decat ends up after using mx6 headers:

White wheels and white valve covers:

This car should be getting insured today. MOT runs out in December, hopefully after replacing a trailing arm it will be sweet. The current one is seriously rotten, quite like the rest of the car to be honest. Had to weld up a hole on the inner arch near the battery. Sills are pretty rotten too, so this will be a one year blast I reckon, if it passes!

• Well the car is insured. First test drive last night. I have to say there's just something about a ZE. Even with the exhaust blowing the soundtrack is epic and the delivery is fantastic. Sooty would blow the doors off it, but it's a great drive :)

• bloody hell you dont hang about do ya lol. wish i possessed some of your engineering skills mate

• haha thanks but seriously I'm sure you're very capable of it. First time is the hardest. It's just tightening and loosening bolts in the right order really! And a bit of welding :)

• no timing belt covers, eh? I've always wondered if they are even necessary on these cars…

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB