Marco's First Car Project AKA Scarlet / daily driver

• i saw on the tv in india or summit they put the valve stems into a pillar drill and polished the valve up with emery cloth. dont know if thats standard practice here??

• Well today my intake manifold gaskets arrived from the very reliable fordprobestore.co.uk. Just a pity about the rain! So because our garage is totally full of crap I had to think of another plan- the gazebo!

haha the ridiculous looks I was getting for my wee driveway showstand!

So I got it all back together (inspired my dad to purchase a torque wrench for £30 which is damn sweet). And it looked like this:

Bit pissed you can hardly see any of my lovely rear cam cover! Then did the fuel line short on the diagnostics box, turned key for 10 secs, disconnect the jumper wire and bingo… started first time :D What a relief!

So it's running sweet for now! All back together, new sparks, new IM and cam cover gaskets, and a polished and grinded down throttle body.

• That is one damn clean looking engine bay. I imagine thats what they looked like new until all the grime and rust starts to set in. Good work mate :D

• haha thanks, didn't really make a conscious effort to clean it, just sorta happened! :D

• The red rocker cover looks the tits!!

• lol cheers me matey…

Beware of halfords metallic red VHT paint - it will turn your rocker cover sparkly pink! (thankfully I had just enough normal red VHT to cover it) :lol:

• WOW :shock: your car looks amazing inside and out… I am using the pic of your car with the sky on my desktop :mrgreen:

• haha awesome :D Can't wait to get a ze into her so she moves like she looks!

• admin

dude, that looks gr8!

Yeah, you want that ZE… trust me :D

Jono

• messing around in the paint program… LOL sure it's too low but maybe you should think about lowering it a bit :D :shock:

• @5727e0e649=Mooneggs:

messing around in the paint program… LOL sure it's too low but maybe you should think about lowering it a bit :D :shock:

:o :shock: :o :shock:

Love it :!:
    thanks man!

• :mrgreen: probably the worst photoshop I've ever done but eh :oops: …. lol you get the idea :roll:

• haha i've seen plenty worse! Makes me wanna slam it :D

• Thought I'd throw some pics up, nothing arty though, just taken after a long deserved wash n wax. Also the first pics since it was lowered last year :o

Shiny :) with a new bonnet with much better paintwork. With 15" alloys that came with it on the front, because 2 of my loverly konigs were obliterated :cry: Dragster look :lol:

Fat ass! Man my spoiler looks huge here :shock: I still love it though, it'll probably get moved over to the black ZE beast you can see lurking in background of the first photo

That is all for now! Most of my time has been put into the project black beast, which I'll get pics up after the lump is in. Praying to god it works!

• obliterated rims? oh do tell the story :shock:

• you're tearing open my wounds :cry: :cry:

read this : http://uk-mx3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1186&highlight=pig

:lol:

• oh wow I must have missed that post! that's horrible… I would be so mad... I think your rims are some of the best I've seen on an mx-3!

• Had a go at pringles detailing, but couldn't get all the stuff. Good guide btw! I used:
    Autoglym Car Shampoo stuff
    Autoglym super resin polish
    Autoglym sealing stuff that I forget the name of
    Meguiars tech wax
    Looooooooads of microfibre cloths (the one from fordprobestore is AWESOME!)

Photo is a bit grainey as it was getting dark, this took about 5 hours over 3 nights :O Holy shat though, the difference it made…

• I love your spolier… 8)

• very nice car mate,
    hope fully mine will be like yours very soon,i mean as in mint paint work and every thing and rims on "not copy you".
    atb

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB