More problems (hesitating again)

• might have another mx3 lined up now, its a scrapper so it will be cheap. hoping I can make a good one out of the 2. apparently it is very smoky so the engine will be no good, probably valves, but I will try and get mine running as it should be with the rest of the bits. I will try and get it as soon as i can afford it. I am going through a 3rd party, dunno why he cant just give me the bloke number. if or when i do get it i will post up some pics for you guys

• An answer for some similar symptoms as to you Dan:

@c2ff78b40f:

There are two common causes of this issue. First is unmetered air entering through a hole or leak in the air intake system. Inspect the intake piping and all the vaccuum hoses.

Second, and I think probably at least part of your problem is the coolant. The throttle body uses coolant to sense the temperature of the engine to set the idle in cold weather. As the coolant temp increases the throttle body gradually lowers the idle. If the coolant level is low, flow through the TB is intermittent or non-existant. Make sure that the coolant level is right up and that there are no bubbles or leaks in the cooling system. I'll bet $5 this relieves at least some of your symptoms.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=78732

• already checked the coolant level unfortunately. perhaps there is a vacuum leak somewhere as it is not as bad once it is warm, giving the pipes time to expand due to the heat transfer, closing up the leak. i guess its possible

• Sorry but only want pre 94's, I like a simple ZE swap.

–-

I'd throw in some scrapyard coolant sensors. Or test yours if you have a multi meter.

• thats one of the things i dont have and even if i did, i wouldnt have a clue how to set it up pmsl.

P.S mine is an SE so it is obd1 as far as i know ;) lol. looking at maybe just buying an mx6 and be done with the 3

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB