More problems (hesitating again)

• Yeah £20 is the going rate, usually loose though, contact some breakers yards. the one in dorchester (angels autos) does part worns inc fitting for something like £25, but you always want to inspect any part worns for signs of damage like punctures, cracking and sidewall bulging. Or failing that, check ebay for someone breaking an MX3 or MX3 wheels, theres always someone somewhere selling off a set of 4 wheels with tyres.

• thats expensive lol. mine sold for £25 but without tyres so i guess i cant complain. I can get part worns for a tenner a piece but thats without fitting. fitting and balancing would be an extra £16. just depends on how much tread is left on them and if the have 205/55/15's in stock. its a strange size tyre

• Or speak to a national tyres, they are usually pretty cheap cos they include fitting, or for the future, find yourself a garage that will fit the tyres you supply, cheapest Toyo Proxxes T1-R's I could find was at national tyres for 4 tyres it was £331 inc fitting, looked on camskill, got 4 tyres delivered for £265, then paid £25 to a friendly tyre place, total cost, £290, so saved £41.

• yeah i know someone in the tyre trade who just happens to be a maxis main dealer lol. he has always fitted the tyres i supply for a small fee. dont think i can afford new at the moment so might just get some part worns to get me going again until i can afford a set of 4 new. also need the tracking doing at some point as it has completely worn the inside of the tyres out to the point i can count the strands in them pmsl

• Most indipendant tyre fitters will supply and fit 2 part worns for £50 for the mx-3. Its an unpopular size which keeps it cheap.

**Have you got a CAT on your car?

If the CAT has collapsed, blocking the exhaust it can also cause the problems your describing.**

• @6a41f14f0d=ukmx3admin:

Most indipendant tyre fitters will supply and fit 2 part worns for £50 for the mx-3. Its an unpopular size which keeps it cheap.

If the CAT has collapsed, blocking the exhaust it can also cause the problems your describing.**

thanks admin, i had already thought of that so i got the cat off and loads of the inards fell out so i knocked the rest out with a piece of pipe and a lump hammer lol. so you can rule the CAT out im afraid. I have explored most of the avenues i can think of, so far to no avail.

2 new tyres (part worns) for a whopping £12.50 each and another tenner for fitting, valve and balancing and now i have a NEW problem…
    now the tyres were slightly bigger but i am almost 100% sure this will not be the problem (205/60/15's).
    since fitting them i have an extremely hard break pedal and the abs is kicking up under light breaking, the breaks are hardly working at all and it feels very dangerous to drive now. is it possible that one of the break pipes has been crimped or perhaps an abs sensor has been knocked. i dont understand how the sensor would make the pedal hard though.... i am scared to drive it. I will get the wheels off again tomorrow and have a look. despite the pedal being hard, if i press it and hold it the pedal goes ALL the way down to the stop. I am confused how a tyre change could have gone so terribly wrong.

• @fe1ba23746=daniel:

@fe1ba23746=Garfy1981:

sucks when troubling problems like that happen. Do you think its something internal. Shame theres no another fellow mx owners near you to try and help out swapping parts.

1JZ? i thought everyone wanted the 2JZ engine, no shit! :lol:

If you are talking about GTO's and that level of cash to buy then you are not talking about 2JZ money you are talking about 1JZ. Having already been in both VFM the 1JZ does indeed kick ass up to 160mph, above that you want 2JZ but where in this country will you get near those figures anyway. For the money I'd also be looking at a sorted 200SX with 400 horses. For now though the OP could do with fixing or selling the wagon he has now!

• @791b4bdfa2=dangerous:

@791b4bdfa2=daniel:

@791b4bdfa2=Garfy1981:

sucks when troubling problems like that happen. Do you think its something internal. Shame theres no another fellow mx owners near you to try and help out swapping parts.

1JZ? i thought everyone wanted the 2JZ engine, no shit! :lol:

If you are talking about GTO's and that level of cash to buy then you are not talking about 2JZ money you are talking about 1JZ. Having already been in both VFM the 1JZ does indeed kick ass up to 160mph, above that you want 2JZ but where in this country will you get near those figures anyway. For the money I'd also be looking at a sorted 200SX with 400 horses. For now though the OP could do with fixing or selling the wagon he has now!

dont worry, it was a quote from fast and furious mate, i didnt mean it literally :lol:

• lol @ Fast and furious, what a load of crap, you ever look at the speedo when theyre doing 1/4 sprints? the world goes all blurry, theyre in 5th gear with nitrous, rev counter is tapping out and the speedo says 80mph, TOO FAST TOO FURIOUS, CRAZY BIG TIME FUN!

I guess in america they limit cars to 80mph so that they dont have people getting too close to 88mph and going back in time…

• And how they drop down a gear to go that little bit faster!. why haven't you used all of that gear anyhow !!.

• @3fd1c54d32=daniel:

@3fd1c54d32=ukmx3admin:

Most indipendant tyre fitters will supply and fit 2 part worns for £50 for the mx-3. Its an unpopular size which keeps it cheap.

thanks admin, i had already thought of that so i got the cat off and loads of the inards fell out so i knocked the rest out with a piece of pipe and a lump hammer lol. so you can rule the CAT out im afraid. I have explored most of the avenues i can think of, so far to no avail.

2 new tyres (part worns) for a whopping £12.50 each and another tenner for fitting, valve and balancing and now i have a NEW problem…
    now the tyres were slightly bigger but i am almost 100% sure this will not be the problem (205/60/15's).
    since fitting them i have an extremely hard break pedal and the abs is kicking up under light breaking, the breaks are hardly working at all and it feels very dangerous to drive now. is it possible that one of the break pipes has been crimped or perhaps an abs sensor has been knocked. i dont understand how the sensor would make the pedal hard though.... i am scared to drive it. I will get the wheels off again tomorrow and have a look. despite the pedal being hard, if i press it and hold it the pedal goes ALL the way down to the stop. I am confused how a tyre change could have gone so terribly wrong.

just incase it gets lost in the thread lol

• Just remember those larger tyres will put your speedo out!!

Also you should not run different tyre sizes front to back either. All 4 tyres should be the same height.

Can't imagine what they could have done to upset your brakes though, best to whip the wheels off and have a good inspection of everything. Also have a look around where they were jacking it from. I've seen some dodgy dealers just throw a jack under a car and jack it from anywhere!!!

• If your CAT was broken up, make surre no bits have gone down the exhaust and blocked it.

Just suggesrions tried swapping temp sensors? O2 sensors? etc

Wish you were local so I could take a look at it myself.

• Just spotted ur in Devon, where abouts r u?

• Im actually in Launceston, Cornwall, the misses set up the page for me lol. the cat was broken from the manifold side so i doubt anything would have gone down into the pipe. I did think about the o2 sensors but didnt have the cash (and still dont really) to buy any. and as it wasn;t throwing up any fault codes didnt think it could have been that.
    I have removed the ABS fuse for now to stop the abs kicking in at all as a temporary fix. I dont think the speedo will be too far out as it is only the next size up (he didnt have any 55's :() but i know it will be reading slower on the speedo than i am actually going. also car REALLY didnt want to start this morning and when it did, it stalled. But I am putting that down to me disconnecting the IAC again to stop the "lunging" when i decelerate. thinking about getting rid of the fucking thing and getting another alfa romeo as, believe it or not, i had less hassle pmsl! might go for a V6 this time though :D

• Don't buy an Alfa buy a Mitsi FTO, they are so cheap now days.

I have a Manual GPX MIVEC FTO, its a 2.0 litre V6 kicking out just over 200 BHP. They are awesome cars. I only paid £700 for mine and I love it, comfortable and its damn fast. Not much in it between my FTO and my KLZE either, but the FTO puts it down better and feels more refined. And you have got to love the MIVEC growl (Have to get the MIVEC and have to get MANUAL, the rest are poo).

Im paying £400 insurance 7 yrs no claims, no points, over 25.

What you doing with the MX-3? If its got NO rust inc arches I might be interested if its a pre 94, i'd just stick a KLZE in it.

–--

I'd just put scrap yard sensors in not buy new ones. I got some in my garage I think, got its a pain living 250 miles from my lockup.

• i took an FTO out for a test drive before i bought my first alfa. wasn't a mivec though, just the 180bhp version on a manual box, and i gotta say, that thing was bloody quick. if the speedo was reading right i was doing 80 in 2nd gear lol. (the bloke came with me and shit himself a bit ;)) and the way it held the road for a fwd car was unreal. I have always wanted an FTO but the imports insurance absolutely cripples me. only 2 yrs no claims over 25. I will put it in perspective
    my MX-3 SE is costing me £380 as its a UK car
    MX-3 import is all but £800…
    I dont know why but i just cant insure imports. maybe because of where i live, maybe because i am just 25 years old but it is too much for me unfortunately.

would love a go in your mivec though :twisted:

• Mivec Mirage would be just as quick as an FTO and might be cheaper on insurance for ya? No V6 rumble though!

• 3000GT!

Daryl, Im looking at selling my MX3 V6 next year, april time-ish, but its a 98, any interest?

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB