More problems (hesitating again)

• I share your love of 3000GT's or GTO's whatever they are actually called lol. absolutely stunning car and the non turbo i believe to be reasonable to insure too (but i am becoming one of the "oldies" now). I also know your feeling about the MX-3. £140 for one rear wheel bearing is a bit steep in anyones book :P I have been looking at classic Porsche's lately….. also really want a 200sx touring or any 300zx. I do love the 3 alot but even stock parts can be hard to find and WILL be expensive when you do find them.

• :) luckily had hassle free with mine, but parts are nigh on impossible to find, almost everything has to come from ford probe store, other than that, your stuck unless you can find something abroad, which only increases the price anyway. But theres bugger all aftermarket stuff for them, unless you want some extorianately prices crappy fake projectors from the USA, or a chinese air filter, your out of luck, exhausts come in a flavour of standard or shit quality sportex bacl box, and as you say, any replacement parts are high priced and hard to find. Thats why this forum is a let down, not cos of the people, but cos of the lack of anything anyone can do to it, theres no personalisation or real mods, outside of the usual 'drop a KLZE' in it threads, when was the last time anything unique happened to one of these cars, no one but gulfy has got a one of spray, no ones got any body kits, and about the only person whose actually tuned one is Marco, but I cant even imagine the lengths hes had to go to in doing so.

Im not trying to sound like a chav with the whole bodywork stuff, but theyre really isnt anything out theyre that caters for these cars, you can get stainless headers for a Vaux Astra 1990 readily on ebay, but for a sports coupe v6 called an mx3, HA! no chance, a selection of glow guages, ht leads, and either a sportex or a remus back box is about the limit.

Witht he GTO/3000GT (3000GT is the UK version) I found several flip up projector conversion sets in the UK, for sale by shops not hard to come by used ones for less than £20 quid, and full stainless exhausts from the headers back for less than 200quid, decat? sure no problem, yours, brand new, £34 please. GAH, if the MX3 had stuff available for it then Id likely hold onto it for another year or so, but sourcing parts is a nightmare, and expensive, plus there are cars that get better MPG with more BHP, most of the MX3s are getting about 25mpg, GTO twin turbo gets 20-25 town and 20-30 dual/motorway yet is a load more beefy, and has close to 300bhp and I can insure an imnported one for a mere 200quid a year more than tha mx3. No question, MX3 is going in spring next year

• well i expect you to keep in touch when you go mate, and by next summer i wanna come over and see it looking like this

;)

I do know what you mean with the parts, OE or aftermarket, its all expensive. I bought a universal induction pipe the other week and guess what…. it doesnt fit the MX-3 pmfsl! when you do decide to sell i may be interested in a few bits on your car ;) some certain pipework under the bonnet and some other pipework under the car lol

• sadly I took all the pipework that was in my shed to the local scrap yard when I moved, so I cant part with anything thats on the car as I have nothing to fit in its place. Make your own induction piping, thats what I did, cost me about 40quid inc silicone fittings

• I have a piece of pipe just need to cut it to length lol.

So what is the BEST way to bypass the EGR valve. all i did last time was plug both ends of the vacuum lines. I dont want to totally remove it in case it is working fine but am willing to plug it again, as long as it is the right way to do it.
    That said, i know that the EGR valve does not work when the engine is cold so this cannot be causing my power decrease can it?

• found my LED so went out today to check codes, it threw up the same ones as before (oops i forgot to reset the ECU lol) reset the ECU and went for a burn to let the car warm up a bit with everything plugged in (iac and egr) still obviously very hesitant.
    got back, read the codes and.. nothing! according to my ECU there is nothing wrong with my car, even though when driving it a min ago it took about 5 seconds to get from 3000rpm to 4000rpm in second gear, that should take less than a second!!!! maybe my ECU is going wrong…

• if its hesatating from start and very slow to accelerare I would check plugs and for oil in the plug sockets, and maybe do the filters, blocked air filter does the same and change the fuel filter just in case you have been running it on the orange light and all the sand and bits have been sucked into it

also go to tescos garage, when you are in there get some redex ( its 50p a bottle in my tesco garage), fill the tank to the top and throw in 2 bottles of the stuff for a pound and take it for a motorway burn at 70 mph to see if the injectors are getting blocked or coked up
    if you have it and the vacuum system is all air tight look at injectors too, that causes massive hesitation on diesels or not even run over 20mph if one is blocked

• can you hear it miss-firing?

• i cant hear it missing but there is a definate hesitation. DJ has had the same thought as myself which is to run a shed load of injector cleaner through it. I have put redex in there before but it didnt seem to do much so might look for another brand of injection cleaner.
    Checked all the plug leads yesterday, no oil but a little bit of moisture which i dried out with a rag (glad there is no oil as i nipped up the rocker cover gasket a few months ago ;)
    So, no ecu codes so everything electrical is fine, it has to be something internal, ie injectors or valve stem seals. REALLY hope its the injectors as they are cheap and fairly easy to do lol. will get a bottle of cleaner tomorrow and give it a go. how many miles would i need to do to thoroughly clean them out. surely lots of starting and stopping would get them spraying more.

• Have you removed the spark plugs to see what the electrodes are like? just saying as one of mine had broke off and was making the car misfire & hesitating badly

• no more hesitation….

• image wont load on my laptop jesta lol.

youdirtyfox, i have recently changed the spark plugs hoping it would stop it but unfortunately no. things i have tried are:
    new leads
    new plugs
    new dizzy cap
    new rotor arm
    jesta pmsl (did all the acronyms, TSS TPS whatever else there was lol)
    earthing kit (thanks again jesta)
    cleaning up standard earth connections
    new VAF and IAC
    checked for air leaks and put a shit load of duct tape round the air inlet pipe

probably more but cant remember. starting to turn into a moneypit and a 200sx touring is looking mighty fine to me at the moment….

• @730e0b7558=Jesta:

:) luckily had hassle free with mine, but parts are nigh on impossible to find, almost everything has to come from ford probe store, other than that, your stuck unless you can find something abroad, which only increases the price anyway. But theres bugger all aftermarket stuff for them, unless you want some extorianately prices crappy fake projectors from the USA, or a chinese air filter, your out of luck, exhausts come in a flavour of standard or shit quality sportex bacl box, and as you say, any replacement parts are high priced and hard to find. Thats why this forum is a let down, not cos of the people, but cos of the lack of anything anyone can do to it, theres no personalisation or real mods, outside of the usual 'drop a KLZE' in it threads, when was the last time anything unique happened to one of these cars, no one but gulfy has got a one of spray, no ones got any body kits, and about the only person whose actually tuned one is Marco, but I cant even imagine the lengths hes had to go to in doing so.

Im not trying to sound like a chav with the whole bodywork stuff, but theyre really isnt anything out theyre that caters for these cars, you can get stainless headers for a Vaux Astra 1990 readily on ebay, but for a sports coupe v6 called an mx3, HA! no chance, a selection of glow guages, ht leads, and either a sportex or a remus back box is about the limit.

Witht he GTO/3000GT (3000GT is the UK version) I found several flip up projector conversion sets in the UK, for sale by shops not hard to come by used ones for less than £20 quid, and full stainless exhausts from the headers back for less than 200quid, decat? sure no problem, yours, brand new, £34 please. GAH, if the MX3 had stuff available for it then Id likely hold onto it for another year or so, but sourcing parts is a nightmare, and expensive, plus there are cars that get better MPG with more BHP, most of the MX3s are getting about 25mpg, GTO twin turbo gets 20-25 town and 20-30 dual/motorway yet is a load more beefy, and has close to 300bhp and I can insure an imnported one for a mere 200quid a year more than tha mx3. No question, MX3 is going in spring next year

If you are after a money pit you could be looking in exactly the right place with a GTO/3000GT bud. The good ones are expensive for a reason, the cheap ones are gonna be expensive as soon as all the trickery stuff on them starts to go wrong. Just like with an RX-7, and 300ZX you are getting into ticking time bomb wallet emptiers that also suck juice up at 18-20mpg daily use. Similar power to weight would be a nicely set up soarer, MK3 supra, or if you shop around MK4 supra.

• doesnt work on mine now either.

if that dont work… http://www.motorsnaps.com/d/25646-2/1928+rak2+rocket+car+-+fritz+von+opel_+143+mph.jpg

http://www.xtimeline.com/__UserPic_Large/78263/evt101008070400226.jpg

Dan> No probs :)

Dangerous> But I like the GTO, the the others just dont do it for me

• those soarers can look quite nice but did they make a manual transmition? i think i would be way too young to be driving an auto box (unless it was tiptronic) mk 3 supra = pop up headlights = cool as fudge!! I would probably have an old school supra. would obviously prefer the turb but would have to be the N/A due to age and insurance. classic insurance is all well and good but i do a damn site more the 5k a year and i need to drive it to a place of work lol

• why have 2 CVs to replace when you can replace 4, why have some room around the v6 engine when you can have none! :lol:

Awesome cars. Just look like a nightmare to work on and look to be a bit of a lard ass?! What's the 0-60 or 1/4s for an NA model?

I'd be all over a supra sooner.

• NA GTOs are as dead as anything. Add in an autobox and you're going nowhere fast. A VR4 Twin Turbo though, and you'd be laughing. They are pretty lardy, but no more than a Supra/300zx. Most GTOs I've seen though spend quite a bit of time with a mechanic.

• @fb3d1dc3f1=jayom:

NA GTOs are as dead as anything. Add in an autobox and you're going nowhere fast. A VR4 Twin Turbo though, and you'd be laughing. They are pretty lardy, but no more than a Supra/300zx. Most GTOs I've seen though spend quite a bit of time with a mechanic.

I believe the stock N/A GT is running something like 220hp which is about the same as a stock TURBO mk3 supra with less running costs in fuel etc. plus it is slightly lighter than a stock supra. mitsubishi ftw lol

• How can you tell if its VR4 cos no one seems to mention it on adverts, but Ive seen MKI and MKII versions, Id guess the MKII would be VR4 right?

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB