Knock

• been disconected a few days now….:( seeems to be some sort of immobiliser issue??

• Blown fuse? faulty keyfob?

• I will check the fuses, key fobs ok as now, after the jump start/charge, they activate, de activate the alarm…

when I turn to start, the starter doesnt even try, it just blurbs the alarm and keeps beeping untill I turn the key back....?

• Can you bump start it?

• no chance, its at the back of the house DOWN a driveway….:(

I just went out to check the fuses, and now I cant get into the car. Tried to unset the alarm, and it just beeeped constantly for about 10 seconds or so and then did nothing. Light on the steering column is constantly lit.

• try,

Mine is a Cobra alarm, I believe and this is what I was told by a friend.

"Hold both buttons down for 10 seconds until the light stops flashing, turns off and then stays on. Then press both buttons and then the door release button"

• hell mate, i really feel bad for you. you dont seem to be having alot of luck with the car. once it is running right it will drive like a dream though :)

• cheers Garfy I read that somewhere too so will try tomorrow!
    Thanks Daniel, well, it is a run of bad luck, but i do love the car and I just need to keep going until its fixed! My way of looking at it is I have simply uncovered a few issues before something went drastically wrong whilst driving!

• arrggghhhh!!!

so, I got my battery re charged and now the car starts. Attempted to drive it, car moved forward a touch then nothing, just the sound of something spinning and you can feel it. Could it be the driveshaft into the CV joint thats the issue? I definately used the circlip that came with, is itpossible I need to knock it in more than I have maybe>?

:(

• OK, took everything apart AGAIN this afternoon, I am getting sick and tired of doing this now. THE ONLY thing I havent done, is remove the entire drive shaft out of the gear box. Anyway, put it all back together and everything felt to slot into place a lot better this time. Got jack stands both sides, and started engine and put into gear to see if anything moves. At Idle, both sides spin then gradually slow down, or just one side turns and I got a knocking noise. So I put evrything back together, tightened up and tried again, no knocking and car moved. So I drove to the top of the drive and reversed back, all ok.

Torqued up the hub nut and banged the end into the wedge. Attempted to drive back up the driveway, got to the incline and noise, gone. no drive, just something spinning. Now the car is sat awkward between the shared drive and my parking space on an angle.

seriously fecked off because I cant see what is wrong. When I try to drive, it just sounds like the wheels are spinning on ice or something…!??!

please please please if anyone can point me in the right direction for a fix that I can do myself, i would appreciate it. Also, is it possible that the drivers side is actually at fault>?

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w163/clivjoo/pissing driveshaft/

• this may sound stupid but have you tried 2nd gear or reverse gear?

• reverse yes, 2nd no, although remember, I have no drive….just a whirring sound....! :(

• so if it drives backwards but wont go forwards that doesnt sound like anything you have done it will either not work or it will work there is no halfway, if it goes in reverse and drives in reverse that shows everything is fitted correctly so the problem now heads towards the gearbox !!!

Just seems very strange that its doing that

• no no no guys sorry, right NOW, it doesnt drive in any direction. I meant when I got it going, it went forward and backward before going again….

• ok, heres another video. Got the car back up on jack stands both sides. As you can see, engine idling, the wheels are turning a bit, both sides. When I put into gear, and accelerate, I get a knocking/rumbling, the whole car shudders, not sure how obvious that is in the video. The part with the camera looking at the inner CV you can see the car shuddering…

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w163/clivjoo/pissing driveshaft/?action=view¤t=car.mp4

what do you think???

• ….just a worn driveshaft anyone? is it less likely to be a gearbox issue, with the wheels turning ok/gear selection ok? what can cause the rumbling when in gear and accelerating, worn driveshaft? I just cant decide, and its a lot of money to spend to find out you were wrong!

i want my car back :(

• cant you take the other end of the driveshaft off to see if there is any splines left on it. you may get gearbox oil everywhere but at least you would know

• My Thoughts would be worn splines… however, would it be a possibility that the clutch plate isn't engaging properly?

• im going to attempt to remove the drive shaft I have worked on. I did try a few weeks ago but I couldnt get good leverage to remove it, any tips?

as for clutch, no idea, car was driving fine clutch-wise before any work was done…with the whirring sound, im edging my bets its worn driveshaft splines, what I dont understand, is how can it have worked for just a bit when i was fixing, then break again..?

• You're getting a really rough time of it aren't you? I'd be very surprised if the splines were destroyed, the same mazda splines have put 500whp down, usually an axle shaft breaks first. However your scenario does sound unique…

At this stage I'd have the engine & gearbox out :lol:

Does the clutch feel normal? (normal bite etc)
    Does 5th gear work? (5th and reverse are separate in the gearbox extension housing unlike the other gears)
    When the front is jacked up, engine off, try spinning one wheel in neutral, does the other wheel go the opposite direction?
    Does the gearbox engage all gears easily?

If you do take both the axles right out, be careful, the spider gears in the OEM open diff are prone to dropping, then IIRC you have to open up the box. I think doing one at a time would also help.

• I just watched your videos. The gearbox is getting thrown side to side with each revolution. Something is seriously out of shape. Does no one live near poor clivvy?

Current wild speculative theory, the incorrect BJ offset the driveshaft and physical interference has trashed the diff. It's not looking good for Mr Gearbag.

If you grab the green CV cups is there much play?

I think whoever put that last BJ on owes you a gearbox... I feel your pain. I hope I'm wrong.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB