Dans KL SE project

• it was a bit far to travel for me but it was on the maybe pile lol im sooo pissed at my self for breaking wes :cry:
    hope it all gose well for you

• you can find another one cheap enough mate. I was in discussion with the owner of that mint white one but someone offered him a bit more, and i dont blame him. it was sold for £1050! :shock: I may have to get that probe sooner than i thought. just went for a drive and the car feels like it is not firing on all cylinders. i thought it was heatsoak before but the engine was cold. any ideas?

• http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1996-MAZDA-MX-6-2-5I-GT-SILVER-/300580323890?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item45fbfbc232

Will this engine go in? i dont know if they are different, like the mx3 after 1995. bit concerned about the milage but think it could be worth it.

• ok, found the reason why its driving like its not firing on all cylinders. because it isnt. took out the HT leads and 2 of them were drenched in oil. cleaned them out, moved it about 15 yards and checked again, covered again. what gasket has gone? lol not having alot of joy with the project so far. I dont have a tool to remove the spark plugs at the moment so i am unable to get them out. can anyone tell me the size of them please and i will get one tomorrow.

• if the spark plug wells a filling up with oil it will be the rocker cover gaskets

• it is only 2 of them, both on the side closest to the front, the middle one is dry. is that going to be just one gasket or 2 then? I have spent enough this month :(

• i would do both at the same time then its done there only around £25 a pair but if you wanted to you could do just the front

• think i will just do the front as its looking like the K8 is coming out very soon. is it still ok to drive? i know it will be burning petrol but i really dont wanna walk to work again this week :lol:

• mmm i would but i drive anything until its dead lol im still driving wes even though its running half power lol

i dont think it would cause any major problems by running it but i might be totaly wrong

• gives me an excuse to 2.5 it ;) might have to borrow an engine crane from someone lol

• most tool hire places do them

• Has it only just started miss firing or was it doing it when you bought it?

• Have you tried just tightening up the valve cover a bit? Though not too much, they're skinny and will shear easily enough. Or you could take it off, dry it off around the seal, fire a bead of liquid gasket on it if it's just a stop gap. If you're not getting spark - you lose power, economy and may wash the bores as the petrol builds up.

• it only started yesterday after a 25 mile drive, stopped for a bite to eat and once i fired it up again its run rough since. liquid gasket… sounds like a plan. i wanna get a 2.5 in as quick as possible so no point in oaying out for a gasket that i am going to throw away very soon. thanks for your help guys. i will try tightening the cover up.

• Good to see you back in a '3 daniel :D
    Bit of TLC will have her lookin spankin again, and look forward to seeing
    what you do with her 8)

• @0670f8eca0=youdirtyfox:

Good to see you back in a '3 daniel :D
    Bit of TLC will have her lookin spankin again, and look forward to seeing
    what you do with her 8)

Thanks mate, got alot of plans for her but money is tight so it will be a slow project. white paint and a 2.5 DE are top of the list :twisted:

• ok, its not been a good day for the SE. managed to get the spark plugs that were covered with oil out, cleaned the holes and plugs and HT leads up. took it for a spin and exactly the same. checked all other plugs and the middle one at the back of the engine was caked! GRRR!!! I was going to replace the front (or is it left?) rocker cover gasket tomorrow but dont think i will bother now. anyone selling a cheap V6 probe/mx6? lol

by the way, if anyone is interested, euro car parts have a rocker gasket for £7.08 inc VAT. kevin coopers wanted £41 + VAT :shock: I have ordered one but may keep it in case the DE decides to go down the same route.

• one more question, will the DE driveshafts fit the mazda as mine are knocking like a bitch :( think i bought a bit of a shed lol

• if it keeps dying like that check the leads at night see if sparks are coming off them as you wont see it in the day, if so new set of leads required, also check all the leads on the long ends that go onto the plugs, I had one that cracked down the side and the car would barely run until I changed it

• @1a2326383f=djmarcopolo:

if it keeps dying like that check the leads at night see if sparks are coming off them as you wont see it in the day, if so new set of leads required, also check all the leads on the long ends that go onto the plugs, I had one that cracked down the side and the car would barely run until I changed it

Thanks mate, will have a look tonight. I have cleaned out all the plugs (fired up the engine while each one was out individually to get any excess oil out) and its still missing. and the front of my car is now covered in oil :( lol

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB