CV Joints…

• Anyone done their own??

Any hints and tips???

Wanna do mine this weekend provided i get the ABS rings through in time… Only.. never done 'em before!! :roll:

All advice greatly recieved!!! :wink:

• it was very easy mate. take wheel off, undo 3 bolts holding braks in place on the wishbone. pull break out of joint after taking the hub nut off and pull the cv joint out. Might need some hard pulling as they can be pretty tight in there. make sure you get the old clip off before you try putting the new one on.

• @89d89873d4=daniel:

it was very easy mate. take wheel off, undo 3 bolts holding braks in place on the wishbone. pull break out of joint after taking the hub nut off and pull the cv joint out. Might need some hard pulling as they can be pretty tight in there. make sure you get the old clip off before you try putting the new one on.

Sounds so easy… However, Hub nuts are a b***h to remove for a start...

• I jack it up
    Take wheel off
    Get someone to stand on the brake in the car (or stick a screwdriver in the vanes of the brake disc and let it stop against the calliper - bad unrecommended way :lol: )
    Batter out the notch on the hub nut
    Get breaker bar with 32mm socket with extension ~(eg scaffolding) if it hasn't been off in a while
    Crack it off
    Take off BJ to spindle nut
    Then swing spindle enough to get the axle out
    Then deal with the messy bit of changing the CV joint
    Tighten nut to spec ( some high figure 230nm? ) Then it will be easy next time when you're putting a 2.5 in.

• @14e66ea3c2=HammyGlos:

@14e66ea3c2=daniel:

it was very easy mate. take wheel off, undo 3 bolts holding braks in place on the wishbone. pull break out of joint after taking the hub nut off and pull the cv joint out. Might need some hard pulling as they can be pretty tight in there. make sure you get the old clip off before you try putting the new one on.

Sounds so easy… However, Hub nuts are a b***h to remove for a start...

yeah i had a high impact air gun on mine :lol:

other than that its not a difficult job

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB