Jay mx3's kl-ze drag car project

• (just though it would be best for this to be in its own thread)
    so heres the plan lol

im plannig on building a road legal drag car using the 1.8 v6 modle in the next coming year

ive started collecting a few parts as some of you now from my other work log so over the next 2 week im planning to get the body sound and resprayed and the old engine out and much more :D

• Good luck with it Jay, cant wait to see it on the track at Japfest :wink:

• @ab61a0f526=djmarcopolo:

Good luck with it Jay, cant wait to see it on the track at Japfest :wink:

wont be till 2012 loads to do.i wanna finish it before it gose on the road

• well made a start today started removing the engine and what a pain its been lol
    just about ready to lift out 2moz

also debadged the rear and took the lock out ready to fill and smoothen

and removed sunroof and took the pannel out ready to fit and fill

• Im guessing your gonna make it as light as possible. And also guessing your going klze in it. I really wish i had the time and space (and money) for a nice project. Good luck with it mate. Btw where is japfest this year as me and the misses may come up.

• thanks its going to be a long project
    all the interior, rear wiper,sun roof half the dash, radio and speaker and any brackets and wires that are not needed are all out
    its not been a pain so far evey nut and bolt is rusted solid as the car has been stood for over a year but im getting there.

• engine is now out finaly

new bumper fitted and lock filled and smoothed

number plate wholes, badge wholes and towing whole filled

welded sunroof in and and starded filling in

airial removed and filled

• Like the bangers in the back of the sunroof - nice job :D

Cars coming along great

• bloody hell u dont hang about do u lol. that woul have taken me 2 weeks haha

• @675faf149a=daniel:

bloody hell u dont hang about do u lol. that woul have taken me 2 weeks haha

lol ive been on it all day

• If you are doing body welding Jay why not remove the headlights and put something different in like ultra thin vauxhall calibra lights or something unusual to spice it up a bit and maybe some supra rear lights :wink:

• holly crap work is happening fast!!, you do know tow hooks have to be visable and on during track use, dont know about santa pod tho,, even the screw in ones have to be fitted so they can be quickly pulled off track in event of accident.

looking good, whats the final colour going to be?

• @d823187ca7=Garfy1981:

holly crap work is happening fast!!, you do know tow hooks have to be visable and on during track use, dont know about santa pod tho,, even the screw in ones have to be fitted so they can be quickly pulled off track in event of accident.

looking good, whats the final colour going to be?

not too bad since im on my own lol
    i have a tow strap to fit but ill fit it after the car has been painted the final coour is going to be the same black and white but im going to do i right this tim with a spray gun but thats next weeks job lol

another update 2moz

• @2e9a621b54=djmarcopolo:

If you are doing body welding Jay why not remove the headlights and put something different in like ultra thin vauxhall calibra lights or something unusual to spice it up a bit and maybe some supra rear lights :wink:

i dont think im that good at body work and i do like the look of the mx3 lights but i do like the silvia s15 front lights

• Sylvia front end would look lush with a supra back end. Keep up the good work mate. Keep us posted on your progress

• Very nice :)

Do like what you did with the front bumper and sunroof :)

I'd kill to have a place like that I could work on mine… My fooking car parking space might as be vertical.

• Is that holly willaby or however u spell it? Lol

• That would be Holly Willoughby and oh yes..

• @f2c93c6eaa=Lori:

Very nice :)

Do like what you did with the front bumper and sunroof :)

Yes dan it is. :)

I'd kill to have a place like that I could work on mine… My fooking car parking space might as be vertical.

its works garage and ive only got it till the 10th
    ive got a little idea for the splitter too i may do it 2moz

• Ohh.. Do tell :)

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB