Garfy1981's - KLZE Project superleggera

• Long time no see indeed! Guess you better start working on a rear subframe for the KLZE :P Really you should keep the mx AND get an elise ;)

• no think the only thing left for the mx would be a quaife ATB, but to be honest think i will prob curb the spending on mx and start enjoying it now, taken 5 years to get to where it is now.

• Yea fair play, but why Quaife when you can MFactory for less than half the money ;) http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38426

This is a Quaife equivalent ATB LSD, allegedly made the same if not better tolerances and materials for half the price. I'm on the group buy, can't wait :)

• I enjoyed the vid… I love how the ze sounds!! I need to get mine to a track soon...

anyways I'm in on the mfactory LSD as well - it's going to be AWESOME

• yeah would like to hear how M LSD performs.
    As for rear subframe for the mx that would be great but can i keep the engine at the front and have one in the back too! :D

• UPDATE PICS AND DETAILS;

BYE BYE AIR BAG WHEEL;

FLUIDS UPDATE;

ENGINE OIL CHANGED FROM MOBIL1 0-40W TO Silkolene PRO S 5W-40
    AND GEARBOX OIL CHANGED TO REDLINE Synthetic Manual Transmission 90 MT90 75W-90

ALL AVAILABLE FROM OPIE OILS

The engine is still slightly noisy but this is quite common and some people have complained that the mobil1 0w-40 left the engine really noisy but i havent noticed the difference really, supose it depends on engine condition and mileage.
    The gearbox oil ( not cheap £57.35 inc ship&vat ) but made a massive difference, as the gear change always seemed a bit grindy and hit and miss, but i presumed it was down to the original k8 box on 138k miles, but now the change is sweet, and think i only missed the gear once on track, not bad for 4x 20mins track sessions.

• nice wheel! Certainly updates that area. I had mobil1, found myself struggling to justify £47 for it. It costs just $20 in USA! I saw it in wallmart and was outraged, even took a pic.

It's amazing the gearbox oil makes such a difference, when I get my LSD I shall treat it to some of that redline then :) I have a really good feeling about it. Here's what one of the prototype testers said:

@e8c3f437ef:

"In hydroplaning conditions Auto-Biasing is easily notable- alltho a given difficult situation to maintain a straight line. the lsd provides a severely drastic improvement consistantly transferring power between the wheels providing more available traction In dry conditions the Auto-biasing is a smooth transition hardly noticeable to a persay "everyday driver"- beyond its exceptionally increased
    traction through each & every corner/turn. Exiting speeds are notably increased in excess of 15+mph Vs an open differential- as noted on one of my personal favorites, traction to the inside wheel is immensely improved
    Roundabouts also feel amazing in comparison(feels like the car is a merry-go-round stuck to the road). Dan has already proven its worth during launching applications so i need not be
    redundant in explaining it"

• have you got a closer pic of the vauxhall corsa bonet lifters
    im very intrested in doing a bonet lifter mod

• hello, due to a couple of requests here is lifters;

make, Powerlift Autospezialteile Bonrath ( German ) www.bonrath.com/e/pl.htm , was told that these were for opel corsa ( although corsa i think was nova abroad? so not sure if its nova or corsa)
    Im sure that in any doubt any style of lifter would work, as these were just laying around in local modification store. www.trac-art.co.uk

Any how
    Length of lifter fully extended; 430mm
    From tip of wing by headlight to centre of bottom fixing ( wing ) 485mm
    From centre of fixing to end of bonnet over headlight 765mm measured straight not against curve of bonnet.
    ( hope these measurments arnt too confusing. )

• well its been exactely one year since i put the mx away to save some cash to fix up the project house. Started getting a few bits cleaned slowly, removed number plate holder and old plate, looking for a legal smaller version now, without number plate holder. Also received a nice parcel this morning any one care to guess what it is???. :D

going to sell my blitz sus filter even tho i dont want to, but its too big to relocate. Now looking for a good quality ( ie not ebay ) replacement. Relocating as barrywhite and gulf mx3 have into front well.

• Come on garfy spill the beans! What is it?? Looks like some sort of ECU, can't work out the lead though, looks like an old printer lead LOL! What I wanna know is, is it gonna make your KLZE quicker? if yes I definately need to know!!!! LOL :lol:

• Well i hope so lol, its megasquirt stand alone ecu. Will remove the Kl36 and install megasquirt, can then remove the VAF ( which removing that alone should free up some hp! ) a small IAT sensor goes in its place.
    Dyno tune everything up and hopefully free up some Hp. Dont know when it will be installed as im still looking for a AEM UEGO AFR guage to monitor the air fuel ratios.
    Marco is also using same system but his system is a bit more advanced than mine!!.

oh sorry guys i have no intention of selling kl36 and je50. Keeping it as a back up fail safe!.

• Have you got to replace dissy with coil packs?? Would like to go down the stand alone ecu route myself but can't afford/warrant OMEX, and too stupid fo megasuirt, unless a certain someone can help :wink: Looking forward to japfest to see everyones cars and faces etc…........

Whats the megasquirt setup gonna cost in total if you don't mind me asking?

• Trust me mate I'm not megasquirt smart either I brought it for whole issue of plug and play. My system should use stock dizzy. Marco is running coil packs which do give greater control but I can upgrade to that at a later date. The set was 400 dollars shipped. I didn't want to spend too much as i'd rather have a LSD if the two were closely priced.

Looking forward to japfest too! :-)

• hmm i like the look at that. how much was it garfy?

• bad news!!!, years worth of sitting has left polished manifold looking very sorry for itself, two hours of megaris and buffing later still not looking good!, to the point where i dont even want to take it to japfest now!!, hoping i can find a powder coaters to do a fast turn around job. Otherwise its going to look pants!!.

Hate damm polished manifold now!!, takes too much tlc to keep it looking nice!, just want it sprayed and i can just wash engine bay and end of!!.

Dont want to spray it myself in situ, rather is was pro done.

watch this space i guess!!. :(

• i want one megasquirt that is

• To Do for 2010-2011.

Right decided to set myself a little realistic list for works for up coming year, havent really done much to mx over last two years due to a number of factors, buying flat, having baby, buying house, recession, getting married… list is endless and poor car just sat there waiting patiently for some attention.

So her goes....... not in order btw

Corksport front strut brace.
    fitment of aem uego guage
    2.5 mx6 gearbox c/w quaife LSD.
    fit megasquirt and dyno tune.
    fit HOPEFULLY ( still no updates. :( ) lexan rear glass screen
    purchase and fit full set of performance bushes from mx3.com wysbishops group buy.
    Complately remove dash, and re vamp, with the 1990s gloss style of top half being flocked. Remove part centre console and fit custom carbon fibre plate housing dials. Radio removed.
    Remove door cards and fit custom carbon fibre sheets, c/w custom e/w window control switches. Possibly relocate into centre carbon fibre panel?.
    Remove speakers.

Induction kit relocation/alterations.

Towards end of 2011 strip interior, custom roll cage to finish handling upgrades. Re trim carpets for kinda porche gt3 rs styling. Going for that stripped out but stylishly done look!! hopefully :?

Must do for may 2011 MOT refirb corroded rear brakes.

Full service, usual expensive oil, plugs, filter etc.

early 2012 aim, lightweight 17 inch alloys, decent branded bucket seats/harness.
    hopefully stumble across a caron fibre bonnet and mazdaspeed front bumper on ebay.uk but very much doubt it lol!!

well watch this space i guess!!!!!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru7ZvukLCqI

started after months of sitting still, just need to clean it now !!.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB