My project Log

• Bit of heat and it should pop back out, it's unpainted as well, needs a good clean and some little fixes (like the mounting points) redoing but for £25 notes, I'm happy.

• Damn, wish that had come up when I was doing
    my bumper mod!
    Hope you can sort it out :)

• How you planning to tackle paint damaged bumper on car?? Bumper has obviously been painted before. Can you feather out edges where the basecoat and laquer has come off? Hopefully you can and the paint don't keep coming off when you rub it.

If I was doing the job I would:-

Feather out edges so there is no edge felt anymore
    Rub down rest of area where you are going to do blow in with grey scotchbrite
    Prime area where paint has failed, to seal it up
    Guide coat primed area (this means spray a speckled black coat)
    Rub down primer with 800 wet & dry until black has gone, then you know its flat
    Quickly go over rest of area to be sprayed with grey scotchbrite again
    Mask up and blow off/tack rag area
    Puff in basecoat until covered
    Laquer & fade out
    Wet flat with 2000, cut and polish
    Demask
    DONE

Make sure you scotchbrite a bigger area than you have sprayed it will polish up easier

• @3a7c4b8cd7=mx3gulf:

If I was doing the job I would:-

Feather out edges so there is no edge felt anymore
    Rub down rest of area where you are going to do blow in with grey scotchbrite
    Prime area where paint has failed, to seal it up
    Guide coat primed area (this means spray a speckled black coat)
    Rub down primer with 800 wet & dry until black has gone, then you know its flat
    Quickly go over rest of area to be sprayed with grey scotchbrite again
    Mask up and blow off/tack rag area
    Puff in basecoat until covered
    Laquer & fade out
    Wet flat with 2000, cut and polish
    Demask
    DONE

Make sure you scotchbrite a bigger area than you have sprayed it will polish up easier

I'll take a better look at it over the weekend, all ive' done so far is sand it down so it's smooth, with no flaky bits :)

• I am glad that someone bought something I found lol, that will look good if you can straighten it out, plenty of heat and large weights should do that

• @2982f794c0=djmarcopolo:

I am glad that someone bought something I found lol, that will look good if you can straighten it out, plenty of heat and large weights should do that

I'd found it a while back and was keeping it a secret until I realised how damaged it was :lol:

• Did some basic things today:

Got everything colour matched

Not happy with the spoiler, but it was a very quick job and the car is being sprayed so it will do :)

• Underlay Underlay!!

Ok, well it turned up and I've made a start!

More random fucking wires? any ideas people

• It looks a little odd right now as I'm working on smaller chunks, the finished product will be made up on a single sheet, going over the entire floor, right up to the spare wheel well.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB