Barrys Project

• wow, thats an amazing shed of weight gone!. Get rid of your roof motor and prob get it over 50kg.
    Is this your daily driver?
    I havent forgot about tailgate, im on the case from tuesday!.

• yeh this is my daily driver and it really isnt too loud, but thanks i wanna get 50kg off it already feels loads faster with that gone :D

• So over the long weekend i did a few things:

Changed all the brake pads and loosened up and greased the rear calipers as they were a bit stiff. Put some EBC NO-STUFF (Ultimax) to give them a try as they are quite cheap :D only just gripping properly now but they seem ok.

Also removed the old intake setup, relocated the overfill bottle and put on the FPS one, but still have to remove the spot and put hole in for the feed. Couple of pics :D

• very nice…A+

• How you planning to cut a hole for your air feed? When I did mine, I took front bumper off and used a holesaw, then I trimmed it up using a small cutting disc on a dremmel, then I fibreglassed in a cut down plastic pipe to hole in bumper where the fog light used to be bit of a nightmare job…........

• @a2abedc464=mx3gulf:

How you planning to cut a hole for your air feed? When I did mine, I took front bumper off and used a holesaw, then I trimmed it up using a small cutting disc on a dremmel, then I fibreglassed in a cut down plastic pipe to hole in bumper where the fog light used to be bit of a nightmare job…........

Well im not quite sure tbh, was just gonna get a dremmel and drill and make a hole then hit up nightstalker to spin up some alu pipe to fit in the hole.

How wide did you make the hole?

• Can't remember exactly, but it was not a perfect circle LOL. If I remember hole was made a little bit bigger than diameter of fog light hole, think there is a part of front bulkhead to avoid cutting through too

• @1023f4a856=mx3gulf:

Can't remember exactly, but it was not a perfect circle LOL. If I remember hole was made a little bit bigger than diameter of fog light hole, think there is a part of front bulkhead to avoid cutting through too

Thanks i'll keep that in mind when doing it. Had a quick look last night as i was hoping to take the spot out without removing the bumper but that aint gonaa happen :(

• @387d058114=barrywhite21:

@387d058114=mx3gulf:

How you planning to cut a hole for your air feed? When I did mine, I took front bumper off and used a holesaw, then I trimmed it up using a small cutting disc on a dremmel, then I fibreglassed in a cut down plastic pipe to hole in bumper where the fog light used to be bit of a nightmare job…........

Well im not quite sure tbh, was just gonna get a dremmel and drill and make a hole then hit up nightstalker to spin up some alu pipe to fit in the hole.

Who,lol

I can always make the outer spun flange much larger than nessecary and you could trim it down to fit the hole perfec…

• @bdbe0d6d61=youdirtyfox:

@bdbe0d6d61=barrywhite21:

@bdbe0d6d61=mx3gulf:

Who,lol

I can always make the outer spun flange much larger than nessecary and you could trim it down to fit the hole perfec…

Boll ocks sorry dude!

• Ok Been a long time since i had any real time or money, i have both of these so have invested in some halo projectors and ive gotta be honest they look great.

Im gonna get them on tonight hopefully and get some more pictures up with them on also point out any issues with whch way the beams point and how to alter it.

• Just a quick one before you fit them, how easy do you think it would
    be to remove the front cover?

• Look the same as usual, heat up folded over clips and remove, i will double check later for you :)

• So this is the back of the lights,

the black and white wire goes to 7 LEDs that light the halos, you can just change the colour of LED to change the colour of the halo which is good. The red and black goes to the 3 LEDs that go down the side. I havent connected either i just dont think it would go with the car. However they still look great.

There was one issue with then in that they had the wrong connectors on for our car.

First from the car:

Now from the lights

This was easily sorted; using the original lead I cut off the bulb connector and attached small spade connectors(Female) to each of the wires red(High Beam), green(Low Beam), black(Earth)

These were then pushed on to the spade connectors(male) inside the the blue connector housing, Red to Red, Green to Blue and black to black. Job done.

Someone mentioned an issue with which way the light would face which i was worried about, however when they arrived they were already setup for LHD, i think they will be ok but my MOT is coming up soon so i will find out for sure then, they do seem fine though i got my mate to drive past when it was dark and he said it was fine.

I will post up some pics of them on as soon as possible :)

@8985b2df38=youdirtyfox:

Just a quick one before you fit them, how easy do you think it would
    be to remove the front cover?

Its the same, 4 clips that just need heating a little to make them bend.

• They look great. Would you say they are made for LHD or literally just the same ones adjusted for LHD with adjustment screws?

• @2ccf6ca268=Marco:

They look great. Would you say they are made for LHD or literally just the same ones adjusted for LHD with adjustment screws?

I recon they all point down the middle then can be adjusted for left or right hand drive.

Sorry no pics yet just waiting for the weather to change so they will look their best lol

• Barrywhite, where did you get those lights from? They're the absolute nuts mate! 8)

Are they the same one as these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140470585201?

• @d755d16ff4=kp81:

Barrywhite, where did you get those lights from? They're the absolute nuts mate! 8)

Are they the same one as these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140470585201?

Yep they are the exact ones, just tell em that they are for LHD and they will sort for you. Also delivery really is 3 days.

Oh and thanks yeh they look even better when they are on 8)

• We need some pics of these bad boys on !

• Are the projectors ready for HID's? Are the Bi Xenon capable Projectors? Want to put HID projectors on mine, did my bike no problem, but I cant find clear lenses to replace the refracted ones with so its looking like this will be the only option, be very interested how you get on witht hem if your gonna HID them

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB