Barrys Project

• If you want I can spin you up an ali intake to go in the spot hole,
    likie these :

• make up some ally blanking plugs to go in to the standerd filter to throle body ti fill the gap where that platic bit that sticks down goes i got a spray cap lid on mine atm

• @4887ad91b1=youdirtyfox:

If you want I can spin you up an ali intake to go in the spot hole,
    likie these :

That would be great thanks i have a couple of bends and some stright pipe so could make a feed easy and im sure i could knock up a box to go round the filter. Let me find out the width of the pipe and get back to you but i'll defo go for that.

• @734bb8ca85=Roc:

also sucking in hot air.

To be fair on this point the exhaust manifold is heat wrapped and the intake manifold must have about 3 or 4 coats of HT paint on so even when the engine is hot not that much heat comes off it.

• That would be great thanks i have a couple of bends and some stright pipe so could make a feed easy and im sure i could knock up a box to go round the filter. Let me find out the width of the pipe and get back to you but i'll defo go for that.

cool let m,e know the size of the spot light hole and the height you want
    the intake at and I'll see what tools we have to make one a piston fit in there,lol

• i have same problem with mine barry, currently sucking hot air out of engine bay. think the best / ideal set up is like gulfs. Move coolent tank and get filter down there and loose fog light for air feed. I would like to do this but i paid alot for my blitz SUS filter and its too big to get down there.

• @922099a4b2=Garfy1981:

i have same problem with mine barry, currently sucking hot air out of engine bay. think the best / ideal set up is like gulfs. Move coolent tank and get filter down there and loose fog light for air feed. I would like to do this but i paid alot for my blitz SUS filter and its too big to get down there.

Have pictures posted up on my project thread, one thing I am looking to change is the piping though, as when I had car dyno'd, I was told that the CAI could be restricting air flow as the pipes are smaller leading up to MAF, but I ain't doing bugger all until the weather warms up LOL

• @9906aa990a=mx3gulf:

@9906aa990a=Garfy1981:

i have same problem with mine barry, currently sucking hot air out of engine bay. think the best / ideal set up is like gulfs. Move coolent tank and get filter down there and loose fog light for air feed. I would like to do this but i paid alot for my blitz SUS filter and its too big to get down there.

Have pictures posted up on my project thread, one thing I am looking to change is the piping though, as when I had car dyno'd, I was told that the CAI could be restricting air flow as the pipes are smaller leading up to MAF, but I ain't doing bugger all until the weather warms up LOL

Im gonna copy you gulf except gonna have the filter slightly higher into a heatproof box with the cold air feed coming from the spot hole into the box. :D :D :D

• Ok got a nice list of things to do now:

Change all brake pads and bleed brakes
    Spray calipers gold
    Install cold air intake and feed
    Install 6x9's, amp and 10 disc changer
    Fit New JDM front splitter and spray body colour.
    Remove rear seats (Undecided)

I will take some pics as i go cos i know some people are interested in the splitter anyway.

• @676ef6eabd=Garfy1981:

That is so 2008 :P

Good list of bits there, interested to see the splitter on! And thumbs up to spraying the right colour :wink:

What's the weight of the rear seats? worth it?

• @f3a54eefd1=Marco:

What's the weight of the rear seats? worth it?

Good questions and the answer is, i dont know, but, i have read thread on mx3.com people saying you notice the extra kick from the rear seats not being in there. If i was to guess i would say about 30-50 kilos maybe slightly more. Dont know if it will affect the balance of the car too much.

• really that much?! The cushion is feck all, and when I swapped to SE interior the back rest seemed light than I thought… But hey every kg helps. Now where's Garfy and his polycarbonate rear window?

• Meh, im really not sure that would be my guess but it could well be much less, all i have to go off is the extra weight of my girlfiend in the car, she is quite light but i can notice the difference in acceleration.

BUT DONT TELL HER I SAID THAT!!!!!

Yeh just done some reading and found out the seats are very light anyway but its the rear seat belts that add the weight, well its all coming out its gotta be worth it for petrol alone :D

• yeh my rear seat belts are out only coz the studs on top of the ksports were shorter than tanderd shocks i couldent fit the strut brace and seat belts on them so the strut brace won and i lost rear seatbelts

• Began the stripping process today and not sure how far im gonn go with it, but i can tell you i have managed to remove around 28kg so the luggage scales say.

here is what was removed:

and here is inside the car now:

Still need to change all brake pads, paint calipers and paint and fit the new FAKE JDM lip :lol: :lol:

Who cares!!!

• looks like you had a strut brace welded in
    and then cut out agen

• How much for the boot plastics? I'm just outside Chester so can prob pick them up depending where in Cheshire you are, PM me your post code.

• Also the best types of weight to lose are ROTATIONAL MASS and UNSPRUNG weight.

So a fidenza flywheel would be a great place to shed weight, then a set of ultra lightweight alloys, you can even get lightweight tyres anf fill them with lightweight gas!!

Lightweight pullys, underdrive your auxilleries, can you get a lighter weight clutch assembly (padle type perhaps)

Get the crank lightened and balanced.

Lightweight coilovers

Then look for heavy things, remove aircon, remove heater and heater matrix ( perhaps not in this country though), swap glass for some form of plastic, CF hood, fiberglass Z3 front wings, light weight battery.

Go on a diet, LOL

I'd do all this before I got to removing my seats

• @bb65ebfe1b=james:

looks like you had a strut brace welded in
    and then cut out agen

I welded a solid bar in ages ago to mount my harnesses too. Worked pretty well but harnesses for every day use are a pain in the ass so cut it out.

• Not selling any bits sorry, also it was 45kg i removed not 28. Can feel the difference in throttle responce straight away. Its not even that much louder but i can imagine a long motorway drive could be annoying. Also i have thought about a carbon bonnet but its just the cost and i would like to remove some more weight from the front anyway.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB