Ryan's MX-3

• I'd fancied the full length JDM sideskirts for a while now, but doubt I'd be able to afford/own a set for the forseeable future. So I went to the shed and took out the standard sideskirts from my old Nissan 100nx, I always thought that with a bit of a trim they would be a good enough replica of the full length MX-3 skirts, so I measured them up for size and they basically fit perfectly onto the MX-3 lengthways.

The only real problem is that they are in 2 pieces, but I'll just join them together and fill the remaining seam. I'll start cutting down the large lip on the back wheelarch side of them so it's more accurate to the real 'skirts.

I'm guessing that the OEM ones just attach onto where the side spats mount, which is grand, But to anyone that owns the real deal, how did you attach it to the outer sill of the car? Double sided tape?

Should be moving the car to a garage in a few weeks to start rubbing it down for a respray too. :D

• Nice touch, if its being resprayed what colour are you going for :D

• Black again :D

• BORING !!!
    was hoping you were going to do some mad colour to make it stand out

Black ones do look good though, if you are using a base paint and lacquer stick a load of gold metallic flake in with the lacquer that would look nice and you would not need to change the documents

• Collected my early style seats on Monday (thanks Simon :D ), grand condition except for a rip in one of the drivers side bolsters, got someone fixing it there next week so I'm happy out. :D

Sooo glad to be rid of the seats that were in it finally.

Also, probably buying another MX-3, or a Nissan 100nx, I'm unsure. Gonna use that as my daily and have this black MX as a project.

• go for another mx the nicer looking than the 100 thats just my opinion

• @22c227896e=jay:

go for another mx the nicer looking than the 100 thats just my opinion

Yeah I agree with you there, but I'm sorta drawn to another NX 'cos of the T-Top roof & how cheap parts are. Would probably sell it once the MX is done.

Put my Eunos splitter on for a look:

Damn sexy :D

Really can't wait to get the whole car resprayed, lowered a tad & some nicer alloys fitted.

(Have to link the pic from my Facebook 'cos photobucket is being a fcuker, let me know if anyone can't see it)

• I decided to get cracking on my sideskirts, as I posted previously I'm using the sideskirts from my old Nissan 100nx. Today I took the side spats off the drivers side of the car to properly test fit the skirts, they actually fit basically perfectly, just needed a little bit of trimming to meet up to the MX-3's body.

Still need a bit more fettling until they can be mounted properly but I'm very happy so far.

I was initially going to trim where the sideskirt meets the rear arch down so it looks more like the full length JDM skirts, but I think it looks rather well as is. Goes well with the Presso front lip too. A rather cheap alternative to the JDM skirts! 8)

What does everyone think?

• I think they look awesome mate, I'm currently watch a set on ebay :D

• :D Plenty of NX's in scrapyards to pull the skirts off too. I can't see anything that would stop them from fitting well anyway, bit of filling + more cutting needed at the front but nothing major.

They do show how small my alloys are though. :shock:

• @19e20b6966=Ryan:

:D Plenty of NX's in scrapyards to pull the skirts off too. I can't see anything that would stop them from fitting well anyway, bit of filling + more cutting needed at the front but nothing major.

They do show how small my alloys are though. :shock:

Nah, just need cleaning up and the car dropping and it'll be reet 8)

• Need some sort of excuse to slap a set of red Rota GT3's on though! :D

I've decided to blend in the standard MX side spat into the the 100nx sideskirt, been measuring it up, should look decent. Pics soon. :D

• @3335e43855=Ryan:

Need some sort of excuse to slap a set of red Rota GT3's on though! :D

I've decided to blend in the standard MX side spat into the the 100nx sideskirt, been measuring it up, should look decent. Pics soon. :D

When ya gonna send me that splitter? :P

• Bought some stuff. :) JDM wraparound spoiler, OEM V6 wheels with Eunos centrecaps, electric folding mirrors, front strut brace and a couple of other bits. Collecting them in a few weeks. Very excited. :D

Got a friend to knock up a photoshop of what it should look like lowered on the wheels + with the sideskirts on:

Going to black out the headlights like a few have done here & on the US forum within a few weeks.

Been planning out the sideskirts as well, the mazda spat should attach & blend into the Nissan skirt very easily. Having a blast at doing it on the weekend. It should be hard enough to distinguish these from the real deal when they are done.

Fitted a new CD player too, just a black Goodmans one for the time being. Wasn't a fan of the flip front Kenwood one in it, that and the volume knob broke. lol :P

Should be back on the road with a respray early/mid August. :D

• Looks good. I must admit though I'm not a massive fan of the standard alloys (none of them), most of them look cheap, I like the ones that Famine has (SE or ZE? Can't remember, the 5 spoke dished with false bolts on the lip).

He should have colour coded the lip for you as well so you could have seen what your baby would have looked like when finished.

I'm loving the skirts and as I said before, I'm watching some on ebay. Have you got a closer shot of the rear on the car so I can see how much needs trimming down? I'm thinking those with some arch extensions blended in and the rear wheels on spacers would look "phat" as they say.

I also think if you are going for a respray you should go white with black bits (bonnet, lip, spoiler etc). Make it a Panda!

• @67a923ecf8:

I'm loving the skirts and as I said before, I'm watching some on ebay. Have you got a closer shot of the rear on the car so I can see how much needs trimming down? I'm thinking those with some arch extensions blended in and the rear wheels on spacers would look "phat" as they say.

PM'd :wink:

• @5b37bc8ccd=Ryan:

@5b37bc8ccd:

PM'd :wink:

Cheers bud, watch this (or my worklog) space ;)

• Collected all my JDM bits a couple of hours ago and I got a rather nice suprise thrown in as well - Eunos Presso floormats :D :D :D

Anyone ever seen a set of the Eunos floormats like these before? I only ever remember seeing the multicoloured ones.

Really happy with the wheels too 'cos they have no curbing marks at all, just need a thorough clean.

:D

• BASTARD - Complete and utta BASTARD.

Dibs if you find a 2nd set!!!

alos, PM me where you got them from you git! :)

• And me matey, think I need one of those wrap around wings.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB