DJMARCOPOLO'S - The GREEN RIVET

• Been a busy bee today, got my Weapon R induction kit and Kerr Nelson K1 leads fitted today along with the ally oil filler.

Gotta say WOW, the difference some decent leads and decent induction kit makes, not a flat spot anywhere through the rev range now

• Dude what happened to the mushroom tip. i always thought that looked cool. induction looks sweet as now though.

• I did love my mushroom in there but it is just a tube and filter but the weapon R has some decent technology fitted to make the engine eat more oxygen, heres the info on them, I have the more expensive real carbon + stainless washable filter

http://www.weapon-r.com/products/270-1993-98-v6-mazda-mx3-secret-weapon-intake

• I have removed the 18" alloys and found these 17's for £75 plus swapping my new tyres from the konigs on for £40, no idea what brand but they are identical to the Peugeot 306 Rallye except a 4x100 fitment

also

I am back in the official djmarcopolo WHITE WHEELS CLUB

• looking good DJ. what happened to the wheels on your sig? they look awesome. what do you use to paint them?

• @f2821d7452=Eddy_B:

looking good DJ. what happened to the wheels on your sig? they look awesome. what do you use to paint them?

They are standard 94-98 UK V6 alloys on the sig pic, we have equipes so they are the ones you have on yours that are only available on the equipes.
    If you are not keen on yours I am sure another member would swap yours for a set of standard V6 alloys

I just give them 2 coats primer , 2 coats gloss and 2 coats lacquer that gives them a deep gloss and keeps the brake dust out of the white, although the ones on the sig pic I experimented with paints and used 2 coats of white radiator enamel brushed on then 2 spray lacquer and that lasted well and came out well

• Loving the new wheels. Best ones to date I think.

• Has a set of V6 wheels he would swap for a set of equipe ones.!

• Hmmmm think ill pass lori, thanks for the offer though. Am loving my little car as God (and DJ) intended.

• @5a5124dfb0=Garfy1981:

Loving the new wheels. Best ones to date I think.

I do like them, they need some work on them but they are done for now as I couldnt go on smacking the wheel arches about at the back.

Once I restore the Equipe wheels for the OEM one I will get these powder coated a nice gold or stick with the white :D

• @56dd3fa514=djmarcopolo:

I have removed the 18" alloys and found these 17's for £75 plus swapping my new tyres from the konigs on for £40, no idea what brand but they are identical to the Peugeot 306 Rallye except a 4x100 fitment

also

I am back in the official djmarcopolo WHITE WHEELS CLUB

now these wheels look good

• I am dead happy how they suit the car, I had a choice of 3 and they were the cheapest, although he sold them with "new" tyres on it, when I had them removed ALL of them had been driven flat at some time :evil:

They will get restored in the future, they are a bit tatty but now I can drive her properly again

• Now they look great! :)
    white tyre pen 'em?!

• looks good i do like doing tyre branding i did it with my old avons looks cool

• I will look into it, maybe better suited to wider wall wheels :?

• yes what profiles are they, look skinny as hell :D

• They are 205/40/17 on there, a set of nankang hi rated tyres that only cost £125 for a new set of 4

If you go slightly wider on the rim as I originally wanted up to 45 then add another 40% on price, the difference on price just on profile size is amazing

• Thats insane! 40's look good though 8)

• That's more like it, great improvement there.

• Walking back to the car today she looked the nuts today as the springs have settled in and she is sitting nice and level now.

Although since doing that, I now have a bush gone on the front left and the gear stick has started dropping through so I have more to do now LOL

Just my stainless decat system to fit at the end of the month and repair all the other faults then its DYNO time at Janspeed at the end of Feb :D :D :D

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB