Insurance for japanese import mx-3

• I also use Adrian Flux, with a nice 10% discount for being a member of an Owners Club.

• most places that sell on line claim to give new customers at least 10% discount too.

• hey bout the owners club. could we actually use this site as one. just wondering if the companies actually class this as one. also insurance due in june. and comes down to 900 full comp

get in

• just keep ringing round, u will get there!!!

• Adrian Flux made me get some sort of certification/written proof that I was a member of the club. Bit of a pain in the arse, but they quoted me 1640 before I told them about the club, then 1500 afterward, so it was worth it. I don't think a forum really counts as an owners club. My club isn't that expensive though, PM me if you're interested in joining.

When it comes to young drivers and/or modified cars Adrian Flux really are bloody difficult to beat. Don't get in a scrape if you go with Flux though, a few of my mates have been really ripped off by them.

• I'm only 20 and when i got my v6 at 19 was £850 fully comp with elephant that is a uk model but gives you a rough idea.

• Quinn Direct - 3rd F&T - 26 yrs old - 3 points - 3yrs NCB - £325

Try these guys…

http://www.quinn-direct.co.uk/carinsurance.html?advertcode=GOOGLE1&gclid=CNad-eXdtYsCFRe0EAodXz18wA

• Hi

I have a Jap Import (Eunos Presso 1.5 automatic) & the best quote I got was from Performance Direct (01708 716120).

• yups performace direct is a sub branch of adrian flux as far as i know

• Performance Direct are brokers just like Adrian Flux I think. i.e. they don't provide the insurance - they find a company to do it then re-sell it to you. Sometimes it isn't even cheaper going direct to them though as the brokes negotiate a good discount.

My mum was insured with Performance Direct years ago and she got totally ripped off when she wrote her car off hitting a badger. The insurance company that they used refused to payout because Performance Direct didn't tell them that it was an import, even though my mum had explicitly told Performance Direct it was imported and they even made a log of it. She ended up having to claim off of their Public Liability insurance and the whole thing took over 6 months and she only got half of the car's worth.

Avoid them at all costs in my opinion.

• I started this thread a while ago but I just wanted to update it. I am still looking to buy a mx-3 but I am now looking for a uk model as alot of companies don't like me having a import as I am 18 . I just did a quote on moneysupermarket for a 1.6 uk model and the best quote I got off their was £1400 . Does anyone think I can beat that quote. Is their anyone else I can try. At the moment I am 18 but by the time I get the car and insurance I will be 19 so that will help out with the insurance. In the moneysupermarket quote I put that I was 19 and that I had held my licence for a year which I will have once I get it and get it insured. adrianflux would insure me when I am 19, wouldn't they. Anyone at 19 got a better quote than this.

• hummm it dont really go down till your 21. i was driving a k reg nissan 100nx 1.6 and thrid party that was at 1600. at 21

as i sold it to get my mx i had no no claims. but my quote was 1300 thrid party f t. with swinton.

now with a years no claim at 23 im paying 600. full comp with driect line.

search for call connections on the net and they can call you back with the best companies for your age group.

• try quinn-direct.com thats who im with, i swapped from my 1.1 fiesta i payed 600 tpft then 200 extra when i bought the mx3, half-way through the year. im 19 with 1years ncb, nearly 2 hopefully, and lisence for 2 years.

aidrian flux i think generally are quite good but not being 19 when i got my policy i couldnt get qouted.

• On moneysupermarket quinn direct come up as the second best quote. Their quote is £1800 . The best quote I got on their was from direct choice which was £1451 . To get them quotes I had the car as a 94 but when I put it to a 96 or 97 direct choices quote goes off and quinn's remains at £1800 . Is their much difference between the 94 to the 96 and 97's or is it just because it is older. Is their anywhere I can try to beat them quotes.

• my qoute from confused.com was 900 for quinn but when i phoned them it went down to 600, try ringing them saved me a lot.

• Did you say anything in perticular to get the price down when you phoned them because I have phoned them before looking to get the price down on insurance and they didn't seem to want to know.

• no i didnt i didnt say anything about the confused qoute, just left em to do it normally, i thought it was a big drop and dont know how it changed so much, maybe confused.com take a bit of commision.

• I just tried another quote on moneysupermarket, but this time I tried with my dad as the main driver and me as an additional driver. My best quote was from quinn direct for £957 . I know I won't earn my own no claims with this but could this be worth persuing until I am a bit older when the price should drop. I think that quinn offer discounts for people who have been named drivers don't they. So if I do got that way being a named driver I will get some discounts at least. So the quote on my own from quinn was £1800 and as a named driver it is £957. I could try ringing them to see if they can get it down from £1800. What do you think?

• dont know if they give you your ncb, but direct line defenitly will. only go on a named driver if you really cant possibly pay for it, you should really get on your own policy as soon as you can so that you get your own ncb.

• @24509bb586=jamesmx3:

dont know if they give you your ncb, but direct line defenitly will. only go on a named driver if you really cant possibly pay for it, you should really get on your own policy as soon as you can so that you get your own ncb.

Also if you are the main driver (IE Driving it most of the time) then they can invalidate the insurance on this fact. Also if you crash while on your "dad's" policy, his insurance will go up.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB