Insurance for japanese import mx-3

• also doing it that way some companies dont let a second driver get a no claims

• personal i think its best just to jump in the deep end and pay it, insted of letting yor dad be the main driver, and you gettin nothing at the end of it

Just keep ringing various places im sure you will get it down to a reasonable amount, as it is your 1st car, you will just have to let it hit you in the pocket.
    We have all been there!

• also someone on here said not to say to them your best price so far. as they could beat it by 50 when really they could do alot more. just say is that the best you can do first off. also brokers are not always your best bet. i found going straight to the dealer cut out middle man can work out better again.

• @6621569838=Pheo:

@6621569838=jamesmx3:

dont know if they give you your ncb, but direct line defenitly will. only go on a named driver if you really cant possibly pay for it, you should really get on your own policy as soon as you can so that you get your own ncb.

Also if you are the main driver (IE Driving it most of the time) then they can invalidate the insurance on this fact. Also if you crash while on your "dad's" policy, his insurance will go up.

Absolutely right. If they find out you did this then you'll get nothing. It's also classed as insurance fraud (which is a little bit naughty :lol: )

• I have decided to go on the insurance on my own. I thought it is best just to pay the high price and if I get a year no claims then it will go down the second year. The best quote I have so far is £1800 from quinn. I have tried all the price comparison websites, moneysupermarket, confused and gocompare and the best I got was £1800 from quinn of moneysupermarket. I then went to their website directly to see if I could save any more but it came up with the same price as on moneysupermarket. Does this seem like a fair price for my first year or could I do any better. Are their any other companies I can try who are not on them websites who may be able to help me out. I have heard alot about keith michaels are they worth a try. Anyone else? . I have tried an online quote with adrianflux but they was around £2200 . I am trying to get a uk model 1.6 .

• What i would do is get the yellow pages and ring up all different insurance companys, it may seem like alot of hassle but you could end up saving yourself a few hundred quid!

There are loads to choose from!

• dude direct line are now offering named drivers to earn their own no claims bonus. etc if you was on your dads name you would get your own. just caught the advert for it today

• Again though, if he IS the main driver and yet is being placed as a name driver, he is committing insurance fraud, and if he were to (god forbid) crash, the loss adjuster will look closely at this, possibly invalidating the policy and taking the OP and his father to court.

• but even if you went on your dads policy with direct line, there would be a high price anyway?

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB