Fury mx engine pics

• Doh just seen my mistake will try again,http://s396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/clairetoo/

• I just edited it for you :P

That's cool to have you on here! I've seen posts on probetalk, that got tongues wagging.

Is the adapter plate a private thing? You could probably do a limited run of the plate and flywheel and make some decent £££. I'd love to this to my mx. Did you have to modify the sump for the oil pickup to work properly? It's really very impressive work :D

• Good job very impressed. I am only just down the road in Sudbury.

• Hi all thanks for the comments,i would love to take the credit,but i am no engineer, the person who has done this is called Claire Rule and is a brilliant engineer,i will pass on all coments,
    The adapter plate i believe is in the process of being lazer cut or water jetted cant remember which
    The fly wheel is a piece of work and weighs in at 4 kg
    At the moment a probe engine is going into an mx5 so i will try to get information for you.
    I am shure all the work can be replicated, and if poss i will get Claire to join up to answer any Questions you may have.
    Cheers Graham

• Looks cool and very interesting, Can I ask how the gearstick works being the gearbox isnt the original way, IF your not sure can you ask claire :) would love to project a K series into a MX5 for some fun :lol:

• Hi Dave mc the gearbox is not the original one, its now an mx5 item,if i have understood your queston correctley
    Cheers Graham

• hello again, that is a brilliant piece of engineering.
    Love that ITB set up,!!. If i remember i think claire had 156bhp from the 1.8v6 engine with ITB set up and megasquirt.
    Do you know new bhp figure for DE engine?

• Hi Garfy as far as i know Claire thinks its around 200 bhp but it has not been on the rolling road as from last week.
    Cheers

• Hi all :wink:
    I thought I'd pop into this thread and say Hi since it's me doing all the work !
    I've updated my photobucket page with a few more photo's of whats been done , plus a few of the Mx5 thats getting a V6 (plus a tubular front subframe to make a bit more space around the engine)

Claire xx

• Cool!! Just Respraying my girlfriends MX5, sounds like alot of work to plonk a KLDE in one?? Good Work :D

• So Claire, when are you going to sell me a conversion kit? :D

• It's been a while coming , largly due to spending a lot of time on that Mx5 conversion(yes , it is a lot of work :roll: ) , but today since the sun was shining I decided to have a go at getting Grahams car to run…........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E0Id9HndKc

The throttle bodies still need balencing , but not bad for a first try !

Claire xx

• Sounds the nuts!! I want throttle bodies on my KLZE

• That is sweet as…

• @e8093ab6fb=Rainmaker:

That is sweet as…

I'll second that sounds amazing, i bet that will sing under load. Good work.

• @9457555397=Rainmaker:

That is sweet as…

Thanks !
    Update time I guess…................it's been finished and on the road for a few weeks now , and last Saturday it hit the rolling road for a final set-up .
    And the best bit is ................................. 205.9 BHP @ 7000 !
    Not bad for a £200 ebay engine , totally stock except for throttle bodies and megasquirt ! :D :D

• @fddd660748=clairetoo:

@fddd660748=Rainmaker:

That is sweet as…

Thanks !
    Update time I guess…................it's been finished and on the road for a few weeks now , and last Saturday it hit the rolling road for a final set-up .
    And the best bit is ................................. 205.9 BHP @ 7000 !
    Not bad for a £200 ebay engine , totally stock except for throttle bodies and megasquirt ! :D :D

Thats pretty ace,, how did u go about with the itb's ?

• Amazing claire. As always a massive fan of your skills. Glad it's still going well.

Gareth

• Very impressive! Any videos of the dyno?

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB