CAI and Xenon Kit Advice Needed.

• Being a bit green on techy bits can someone advise me on the following, please.
    My photoshop has gone weird so will have to describe my questions.

1. CAI. I bought this from Wilko.

I am not too sure where to actually fit it. Will it go where the existing hose is clipped?

Or does it go where the clip is going into the existing filter?

What happens about the solid pipe that comes from the front and what about the small pipe that enters from the engine?

Xenon Kit.
    I have dim-dip on my car. This needs to be disabled. There is a resistor on the bulkhead according to the schematic I have acquired from Mazda. It is situated in the engine bay in front of the passenger side. I have taken 2 pics of 'things' around that area. Can anyone identify what they are?
    The first one is the small black box behind the yellow striped earth wire in the centre of the pic.

The second one has the grill bit over it.

Any help/advice much appreciated.

• As for the induction kit. Remove the air box from the air flow meter and use the jubilee clip to hold the filter onto the end of it. The stainless pipe and small silicone pipe on the picture can go in a box for now, you don't need it.

The solid plastic pipe is an induction resonator, it has 2 jobs firstly it quietens the induction and secondly it helps with induction pulse.

As for the little pipe that goes into the air box just leave it to atmosphere it will be fine.

As for the dip beam resistor not sure sorry. Have you tried unplugging it and seeing if they go out?

Hope this helps.

• Thanks mate for reply.
    So I just take off the clip in the centre of the first pic and whack it straight on there.
    All the existing black piping and the filter box is removed and the little pipe is left hanging.
    Sorry to be pedantic (thick) but I want to get it right. Off this w/end on a Northern Tour to see relatives in Ilkley and Sheffield.

• No.

The air flow meter is located next to the air box. You need to leave that in place and clip the air filter in were the air box is.

The air filter is in the 3rd pic on the right with the greenish clip on it.

• being honest rod hids are crap for the mx3 lights i had the same problem and unplugged thing on the arch and done nothing. i found that a decent pair of bulbs gave better light than the hids.

here's my cai soon to be revamped for shiney bits!!!
    i took off te ressonance tube too and blocked it off with a cap off a can of spray paint and taped it up

• Thanks guys. All is now clear. Doing it tomorrow.
    Very much appreciatted!!!

• Tom (tommy D) seemed to like his HIDs. Can't believe there's not a way to have decent HIDs in this car.

• Re HID - I am going to try to sort it out and will post result soonish.
    Doing service and CAI today - in about 30 mins in fact.

BTW do I need to oil this filter? K&N oil OK?

• It doesn't need to be oiled.

• @bdb118be81=Mechanic:

It doesn't need to be oiled.

Excellent, thankyou. Saves 12.99 from Halfords.

• Done CAI no problem to fit.
    Only thing is I have a bit of slow running problem. Sometimes she wont tick over. Anyone had this?
    I can easily adjust this but will it sort itself via the ECU, or will that have adjusted immediately?
    Apart from that she runs ok, in fact feels a bit more responsive on pick-up - or maybe it is phsychological. :?

(I am being a bit of a pain with this one aren't I?)

• haha Rod you can always pop down to mine if youwant and i'll have a lookie for ya…
    i had an induction kit on mine now rod and there quite a bit of difference mate....

Neil...

• yeh the induction adds an amazing burbling noise sounds mint and definatly picks up a lot faster and smoother too.

• @c2d8d74705=Rainmaker:

haha Rod you can always pop down to mine if youwant and i'll have a lookie for ya…
    i had an induction kit on mine now rod and there quite a bit of difference mate....

Neil...

Hi Neil
    You back online?
    I am going to give it a run tomorrow see how it goes. If still icky I'll adjust slow running.

• @d48e7ac9cb=Rod:

@d48e7ac9cb=Rainmaker:

haha Rod you can always pop down to mine if youwant and i'll have a lookie for ya…

Neil...

Hi Neil
    You back online?
    I am going to give it a run tomorrow see how it goes. If still icky I'll adjust slow running.

back online well kind off mate the laptop is playing up big style god knows whats wong with it…and im on a dongle so sslllooooowwwww....
    Neil...

• I am still getting poor tick-over. Sometimes it is OK but other times it dies on me or just struggles at about 400rpm. At these times when I re-start it hunts at low revs.
    I blanked off the resonator tube and the little tube that went to the air filter box (it is blanked off anyway). Everything else is as suggested by you lot. :)

Could something be sticking somewhere as it is intermittent? Maybe the plunger in the AFM - although it felt smooth enough.

• Rod, when I looked at the picture the cone filter looked dirty, it's not a bit blocked and restricting flow is it? The breather pipe that went to the box should not be blocked, but either secured into the filter (like mine is) or venting to atmosphere, its a breather pipe after all. If the only thing you have done is taken the shoe box off and fitted a cone filter and everything else is back where it should be or near enough, the ECU will adapt to the new flow and mix accordingly, I suppose :?

• can you get a pic up?

• Rod as said if you got time and can get down to mine i'll have a lookie for you….

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB