Mx3 vs Civic

• Ok guys, its the time were welly's looking for his first car :D

Honda Civic 1.5 LSI i can insure for 1700 any idea's how much for a mx3?

if i do get a civic, it will have.

D15 Block
    D16z6 Head
    P28 Ecu
    Vtec Wired in
    Crower Stage 3 Cam
    Adjustable Cam Pulley
    AEM Raiil
    AEM FPR
    Carbon Bonnet
    Carbon Boot
    Carbon Spoiler
    Turbo Kit Running 8psi (safe)
    Coil overs
    Rota Slip Stream Wheels.

Should get about 200 - 240bhp from this :)

Mx3 would have.
    Coil overs
    Carbon Bonnet
    Rota Slipstreams
    KLZE
    Turbo (7psi)

would like about 250 from that :)

Yes im finally working. its shifts mindure, so 6am start have to get up at 4.15am, leave at 5am to walk to work :cry: and its the most boring job every, but it pays.

• @54de20cff7=Welly:

Vtec Wired in
    Crower Stage 3 Cam

Not wanting to sound like an ass but why would you get a stage 3 cam when all it will do is promote extend valve overlap and then fit a turbo which require early valve close to hold boost in cylinder.

What does Vtec wired in mean?

:P

Congrats on the job :D

• @c06c542fbc=Welly:

Ok guys, its the time were welly's looking for his first car :D

Honda Civic 1.5 LSI i can insure for 1700 any idea's how much for a mx3?

How much!!!! :shock: :shock:

• I love MX-3's but if you want to build a car with 250 bhp or over then front wheel drive is not really the ideal route. Especially if you want it reliable and safe it would cost a fortune and then still be limited by the fact that its front wheel drive.

There are plenty of RWD or AWD cars to choose from, better off going with one of them if you want serious power.

Or why not build a AWD MX-3 using the Mazda 323 AWD system? Its been done before in the US!

• Nothing safe about an mr2 with 250rwhp in the wet! :lol: Or any high power RWD in the rain for that matter.

Mx-3s are nice cars, they handle well, with mods have neutral handling and are really cheap to get extra power out of (turbo kits are like $800 for everything!). Even the old k8 takes a turbo well, gearbox will go sooner. The same goes for FWD hondas, cheap and easy to turbo. People run crazy power on them.

There's 10 second mx-3s, probes etc. If you want traction for the sake of a fast ET you get slicks. An LSD certainly helps control that power too, as I'll soon find out :)

I was considering the 323 GTR conversion, but they have the same design g series glass gearbox, with 4 axles = BOOM! I'd rather mx-3 was RWD, but for the money you can't complain.

• Can you tell me where I can find out more about 323 AWD conversion please?

• Its on www.mx-3.com, just search for it.

• @7831401cd9=Mechanic:

@7831401cd9=Welly:

Vtec Wired in
    Crower Stage 3 Cam

Not wanting to sound like an ass but why would you get a stage 3 cam when all it will do is promote extend valve overlap and then fit a turbo which require early valve close to hold boost in cylinder.

What does Vtec wired in mean?

:P

Congrats on the job :D

Not completly true :) N/a Cam shafts in Turbo engine actually gain power belive it or not! and vtec wired in means the car ill be getting is non VTEC, and ill be putting a D16z6 1.6 vtec head on, so from the vtec solernoid, there are 3 wires which need to be wired to the ECU, which is a p28 ecu.

• My simplistic understanding, as someone with a engineering background, is that a turbo cam is often a cam with nearly the lift of a performance NA cam but less duration. Less duration means less overlap which means less opportunity for the "boost" to go right through the intake valve and out the exhaust valve when the valvetrain is moving relatively slowly in the low and midrange. The result is less cylinder pressure and thus less power. On a lower CR turbo motor that has already sacrificed some off boost power, the laggy feel will be worse.

The flip side is that the top end won't be as good with the turbo cam since you can't get quite as much air in with the lower overlap turbo cam as you can with the performance NA cam. When valvetrain action is fast, the time for cylinder pressure to go out the exhaust valve while intake air is still coming in is reduced so the increased overlap of the performance NA cam is not so much of an issue – for turbo or NA use. High strung NA cams often work great on the top end of a turbo car. For a street car, use the turbo cam specs; for a race car, use closer to the NA cam spec.

Are you making a drag car Mr Welly :lol:

• FWD drive with this power is not a problem, you can get to 270BHP no problem, and with a proper suspension setup 300+

I know this because im into my novas :shock: and you can drop a calibra turbo engine straight into it that runs 200BHP standard and are tunable to around 400BHP.

by the way, the civic will be faster, the mx3 may have more power (maybe?) but the civic will have the weight advantage and torque advantage

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB